Hull Kingston Rovers

RobertAM

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, RobertAM said:

agree..my bet would have been arrive Wednesday at least.....

I thought this would have been the advantage of a full time teams visiting.  Thursday won't give them much time to adapt.

This is a seminal game for the Wolfpack.  I know it is early in the qualifiers, but I would put this down as a must win.  Away at Salford and Leeds is going to be really tough, they need these points for automatic promotion. It is also really important off the field, to show fans a higher standard of rugby and get a big attendance. A large crowd and a win will draw big attention to the team.

18 minutes ago, ojx said:

I thought this would have been the advantage of a full time teams visiting.  Thursday won't give them much time to adapt.

This is a seminal game for the Wolfpack.  I know it is early in the qualifiers, but I would put this down as a must win.  Away at Salford and Leeds is going to be really tough, they need these points for automatic promotion. It is also really important off the field, to show fans a higher standard of rugby and get a big attendance. A large crowd and a win will draw big attention to the team.

thing is they would have to pay for their own hotel if they come early and since Sub par league has no money they can't afford it.

This is a must win for HKR , we can easily lose this and still go through so all the pressure is on HKR. if they are 0-2 and then go play Leeds they are MPG candidates at best.

4 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Maybe? I thought you lot were “confident”?

trying to be PC for the other forum users :good:

We're easily making top 4 next year in SL and with central funding we should be able to afford enough mannequin to fill Lamport.

No Todd Carney. Calf injury sustained during the Salford game but only now disclosed. To head off the conspiracy theorists and blame mongers, Carney has posted a copy of his immigration letter.

Really liking what i see in Mason Caton-Brown, admittedly only videos so far but in posted  interviews he seems very unassuming and well spoken..do the business MCB and Toronto fans will adopt you really quickly...!!

Big game fast approaching...this is it.   We need this win, alot of people will be watching.  Hopefully we get a really big crowd of over 9 000.  Weather looks great.

I figure start Brierley and is Higson available?

Sooo is it just a coincidence that Jr. Vaivai is the Rocks cousin and the first game he's here they are doing a wrestling match after the game? I can almost smell what the Rock is cooking

46 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Big game fast approaching...this is it.   We need this win, alot of people will be watching.  Hopefully we get a really big crowd of over 9 000.  Weather looks great.

I figure start Brierley and is Higson available?

Ryan B is out...saw him at the shop tuesday and he's on the injury list.

see Craig Hall is in the lineup..bet he gets a good hand from the Lamport crowd. But I don't want him to get any opportunity to hit a

street car though..leave that to GazOB!

Before the Wolfpack I've always considered becoming a fan of one of the Hull team, for a silly reason actually, the street where my grand father was born is a cul de sac leading to the a ferry dock, and the ferry's destination is... Kingston upon Hull. I watched so many ferries leaving Belgium when I was a kid, one of them tragically never left in 1987, I guess that left some kind of weird connection between me and England.

Anyway these days the ferry lands on the left bank of the Hull river. Would that make me a Hull KR fan if I had chosen to be a Hull fan?

And another stupid question, what happened to Kingston in the city name?

Archived