Sign in to follow this  
NickWeaver

2019 Season TIckets

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

I have noticed you have been a little critical lately DP...we will cheer you up by beating Hull KR for you since your club seems incapable of the task.

You know how to hurt me Kman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

You know how to hurt me Kman.

Ya...and we are going to do it on my 25 th anniversary no less...opening up the wallet and taking the wife to the game to celebrate...we better win!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, deluded pom? said:

Some rare moths have been spotted in Ontario.

Are they hidden in antique bolt cloths from the clothing mills in Hull?...heard we were getting some old ones coming over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the team annually plays up to a third of their home games in other cities, that is going to negatively impact their sales in the long run. Regardless of the reasons, including irrelevant lectures that compare the cost to other teams, many people aren't going to appreciate it if the team is a part time Toronto team.

If this is the reality going forward because the SL refuses to let the team play a block of away games to start the season then this needs to be stated outright to the fan base so they can decide if this will impact their level of support going forward. I have been a season ticket holder the first two seasons and have loved the atmosphere at Lamport but I also found it very frustrating this season when the bad news about the schedule kept leaking out in dribs and drabs all winter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Are they hidden in antique bolt cloths from the clothing mills in Hull?...heard we were getting some old ones coming over.

Clothing mills in ‘Ull 😂 The mills were West Yorkshire and Manchester way. The moths are the ones flying out of your wallet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/15/2018 at 6:18 AM, RobertAM said:

I wouldn't go anywhere near the US "tropics" not just for the security issues but because I'm boycotting the place until they impeach/replace  that lunatic in the WH. Love America and Americans but gotta draw the line somewhere.

Air Transat could organize cheap flights to Cuba...play the early home games in Havana..really stick a finger up at Trump!

You could have a long wait then Robert.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

Clothing mills in ‘Ull 😂 The mills were West Yorkshire and Manchester way. The moths are the ones flying out of your wallet.

If the wallet was any lighter she would float in thin air these days!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lamport Life said:

If the team annually plays up to a third of their home games in other cities, that is going to negatively impact their sales in the long run. Regardless of the reasons, including irrelevant lectures that compare the cost to other teams, many people aren't going to appreciate it if the team is a part time Toronto team.

If this is the reality going forward because the SL refuses to let the team play a block of away games to start the season then this needs to be stated outright to the fan base so they can decide if this will impact their level of support going forward. I have been a season ticket holder the first two seasons and have loved the atmosphere at Lamport but I also found it very frustrating this season when the bad news about the schedule kept leaking out in dribs and drabs all winter.

Don't worry they will figure it all out; its a work in progress...one step at a time.  Gotta learn to walk quickly before we run in the new house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Don't worry they will figure it all out; its a work in progress...one step at a time.  Gotta learn to walk quickly before we run in the new house.

I guess we just see this differently. You see this as hedging their bets until the schedule is known. I see this as the start of a similar pattern to last year when anticipated games were slowly taken away and info was doled out piecemeal. If they are only guaranteeing 10 for now the least they should do is explain why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Lamport Life said:

I guess we just see this differently. You see this as hedging their bets until the schedule is known. I see this as the start of a similar pattern to last year when anticipated games were slowly taken away and info was doled out piecemeal. If they are only guaranteeing 10 for now the least they should do is explain why.

I don't think they really know yet....waiting to see what happens...if we make SL then have to co ordinate with them...still in the grey zone.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not at all worried about it...the fact that we have topnotch RL here in Toronto is a marvel in itself..if they play a couple of early games in the tropics I'll rob my piggy bank. stop worrying and enjoy the spectacle1

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Careful there your a canny old(not age) West Yorkie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, RogerT said:

Careful there your a canny old(not age) West Yorkie.

A Shipley boy....and proud of it....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, RobertAM said:

I'm not at all worried about it...the fact that we have topnotch RL here in Toronto is a marvel in itself..if they play a couple of early games in the tropics I'll rob my piggy bank. stop worrying and enjoy the spectacle1

This doesn't actually address my point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lamport Life said:

This doesn't actually address my point.

Patience...patience...a game in Florida early on appeals to me, TWP is a unique animal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Patience...patience...a game in Florida early on appeals to me, TWP is a unique animal.

Also does not address not my point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lamport Life said:

I guess we just see this differently. You see this as hedging their bets until the schedule is known. I see this as the start of a similar pattern to last year when anticipated games were slowly taken away and info was doled out piecemeal. If they are only guaranteeing 10 for now the least they should do is explain why.

I see your point, I'm with you on the fact that they must not repeat this year mistakes, that is taking away Toulouse and Halifax games without, for Halifax at least, saying anything in due time (we learned it from League express, and we still don't know why other stadiums in Canada were not used, and all that after a tweet promising all home games to be played in Canada).

But honestly it's only August, if they sell 2019 tickets, they have to be really carefull, since they don't know what division they will end up in and who's gonna pay for travel costs.

But to me it is clear that at least 4 home games early in the season will not be played at Lamport, and probably not in Canada at all. And they will have to confirm that as soon as the fixtures are released, around November 1. If it's not clear at this stage, I quit!

Is it good or bad for the team? Too early to say. It will all depend on the gate numbers next year. If they average 9,000 at Lamport, but the first 4 games average less than 3,000, yes they have a problem, particularly if we are talking SL numbers here. But then they have to accept that this will be a long term problem, even if RFL start the season in March, they still lose 2-3 home games. So if they have to think long term on this, and if we show up in numbers in the next 4 games, I only have one name for you: Rogers. I know it will cost a lot, but they should at least try it once, what a great publicity for the team it would be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My gran was in the Saltaire wool trade...knit n sew up a storm well into her 80's..

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, RobertAM said:

My gran was in the Saltaire wool trade...knit n sew up a storm well into her 80's..

That is cool. I really want to visit Saltaire. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Michael1812 said:

That is cool. I really want to visit Saltaire. 

good old Titus Salt..progressive employer for the day....

all of Yorkshire is smashing..and the people wonderful...you should def go..

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2018 at 2:12 PM, RobertAM said:

 

all of Yorkshire is smashing..and the people wonderful...you should def go..

I agree, although it’s somewhat ironic that I was reading this just as I was pulling into Cas train station where I saw a man eating a dry pot noodle kick a pigeon and tell it to **** off.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


League Express - Online Now

League Express - Every Monday



Rugby League World - Sept 2018

Rugby League World - Sept 2018

Rugby League Books On Sale Here