Killer to Leave.

The Baron Mk11

Alan Kilshaw will be leaving the club by mutual consent at the end of the current campaign.

Joint statement on the club website.

Thank you for all your efforts Alan, we have had some great times over your tenure creating lots of memories. Thanks again and good luck for the future wherever this great game might take you.

Brent Rawstron

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, clifford said:

Good luck to him, I wonder if he will take a break or drive right back at another club. 

I wonder who'll be on the shortlist 

I would think it's back to Australia, he has a young family. and according to press reports has been approached by Aussie clubs. Pity really, If we had had the money I think he could have taken us a long way.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

I wish AK all the best.  I hope that the team can fully perform (and win not a few) to give him a good send off and we a much needed end of season lift.  There are still 12 points to play for and who knows how the planned restructuring (to be announced shortly, it seems) will affect next season's Championship/League 1 formats?  We were one of the 5 victims of restructuring not too long ago - so anything can happen!

1 hour ago, Heywood Tiger said:

I think he might be a decent shout, from what I’ve seen and heard it will be all about the team and less about himself, just what we need

But results and performances matter and what has he achieved? - coached Whitehaven to two mediocre seasons in League 1

Haven fans seem to be gutted he is leaving (along with his assistant ex- Saints, Tony Stewart) with not a few saying what a good, enthusiastic young coach he is now and will get better. Apparently, he has given his all as coach and player at Haven (in difficult circumstances, similar to ours),  and was voted Coach of the Year by fans on leagueonehub.wordpress.com.   And of course Haven slammed us 38-0 in the Cup!

Naturally, we need to wait to see if Carl Foster's appointment is official and if so, support him (or anyone) in Hornets' colours.

There is an excellent article on the web site by the CEO saying that re-connecting with the Town and the Fans is a priority.

Start by putting the Rochdale Coat of Arms onto the shirt - an instant connection an association with the Town and its People.

The cartoon badge could be kept for scarfs and other such products.

'CREDE SIGNO' - Believe in the sign

Brilliant...I was an outspoken critic of the dumping of the coat of arms club crest when the cartoon character was adopted and all visible links to the town  were removed.

I would wonder why it would be kept for souveniers......fans want to associate  with the club and having the official club crest is on their personal paraphealia is probably the best way.  My traditional Hornets blue shirt with red and white hoops and original crest is now back in fashion. Not that it was ever confined to the back of the closet. Wore it with provide continuosly including at last years world cup.

Why can`t clubs get back to wearing the traditional big V? These modern day ones look like rugby union shirts,god forbid. Back in the day,blue shirt with red and white V;away shirt,white with red and blue V. Still got my away one from the eighties that I occasionally wear when I go out walking here in Tweed Heads. Now,that IS a shirt!

On 8/24/2018 at 9:26 PM, Anita Bath said:

Brilliant...I was an outspoken critic of the dumping of the coat of arms club crest when the cartoon character was adopted and all visible links to the town  were removed.

I would wonder why it would be kept for souveniers......fans want to associate  with the club and having the official club crest is on their personal paraphealia is probably the best way.  My traditional Hornets blue shirt with red and white hoops and original crest is now back in fashion. Not that it was ever confined to the back of the closet. Wore it with provide continuosly including at last years world cup.

It's the 21st Century mate - it's all about branding. We have one of the greatest names in RL, but never had a Hornet on the shirt. Why would a new generation of fans identify with the crest that they see on their bins? It's a modern, evolving world and you have to go with it or you'll get left behind. Leeds have a Rhino, Catalans have a Dragon, Warrington have a Wolf, Batley have a Bulldog, Dewsbury have a Ram, Keighley have a Cougar, Coventry have a Bear, Huddersfield - the home of the game - have a Giant. Wear your old shirt by all means - but the future is that way and that's where we're headed.

Cue the deluge...

IMAG0394_zpsvjvgze6q.jpg

Archived