Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

18 Aug: Qualifiers: Toronto Wolfpack v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 7.30pm (UK Time) (TV)

Who will win?  

81 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• Toronto Wolfpack
    • Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Draw

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/18/2018 at 06:30 PM

Going to be a very tough one for us.

All the pressure is on HKR and its a brand new experience for them with the travel to Canada so i'm thinking we take it by a slight margin. Could be just a try, penalty/conversion or even a drop goal but 6 would be my max margin.

we need some wingers, any updates on MCB? is Pato healthy as well?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krzzystuff said:

All the pressure is on HKR and its a brand new experience for them with the travel to Canada so i'm thinking we take it by a slight margin. Could be just a try, penalty/conversion or even a drop goal but 6 would be my max margin.

MCB ought to be in the lineup; Wakefield has confirmed the transfer fee has been received!

• Like 1

Wakefield Chairman tweeted money received.

Edit See that John WP beat me.

Edited by dixiedean

40 minutes ago, dixiedean said:

Edit See that John WP beat me.

i'll take that as a good omen for the weekend. 

side note any HKR fans are in for a treat this week as there is a wrestling match happening at Lamport after the game apparently.

The concerning thing for HKR is their decision to travel out on the Thursday, giving themselves the minimum preparation time. I think this will give TWP the edge, but only just.

An intriguing match and I hope that Toronto have been able to get their marketing machine running in time to attract a big gate.

• Like 1

confirmed that we will be able to watch the games on normal TV and the games won't be stuck behind the SNW Paywall! Great job by the Wolfpack team here!

image.thumb.png.c8d89d385ddbb4fdcfaa0beb08a33975.png

• Like 9

Realistically the intensity that both teams have been familiar with in game time will be the deciding factor in this game, HKR players are used to having to play 'uphill' giving it 100% because they have been playing against better, fitter and faster teams week in week out than TWP have had it relatively easy by comparrison they will have to step up in effort and fitness and most importantly speed in and around the ruck area - a strong ref required - HKR by 14.

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 2

Hull Kr win this comfortably, Toronto are the typical school bully pick On little ones till the big fellas turn up then whimper mark my words, kr will blow little Toronto away 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

The concerning thing for HKR is their decision to travel out on the Thursday, giving themselves the minimum preparation time. I think this will give TWP the edge, but only just.

I was surprised when I heard this.  I wonder if other Full time squads will do the same?

I do agree with Harrystottle that KR have big match wins to draw upon, ignoring last week

• Like 1

Toronto do have a lot of good players but we will see if a season of hammering most of the part time teams they came up against will be sufficient prep for playing the full time Super League teams. They did find it tough against Halifax last week and if things don't go their way they could lose their heads like they did against Warrington in the Cup and then they will have no chance.

This is a must game for us and the players will know that they owe a big performance after last week. IMO being more hardened after playing at a more intense level week after week will be the difference and we will win by no more than 10 points.

34 minutes ago, Hullfan said:

No video refs

it's not a sky game. its just a televised game. i know that's odd for you guys as SKY games are the only televised games but it's not their crew here filming it so its not under the same rules. They are talking our feed and just showing it. i imagine that once in SL we would be video ref ready and might just use them every game.

22 minutes ago, Charlie RL said:

I was surprised when I heard this.  I wonder if other Full time squads will do the same?

I do agree with Harrystottle that KR have big match wins to draw upon, ignoring last week

they would likely have to pay for an extra night and since SL has no money they likely didn't want to come early. Good thing you guys are putting road blocks to a team with actual money.

11 minutes ago, Liverpool Rover said:

Toronto do have a lot of good players but we will see if a season of hammering most of the part time teams they came up against will be sufficient prep for playing the full time Super League teams. They did find it tough against Halifax last week and if things don't go their way they could lose their heads like they did against Warrington in the Cup and then they will have no chance.

This is a must game for us and the players will know that they owe a big performance after last week. IMO being more hardened after playing at a more intense level week after week will be the difference and we will win by no more than 10 points.

the intensity that SL teams are used to vs. what we had in the champ and especially at the end of the season is definitely a big negative for us. looking forward to watching the game...Sunday night when i come back from camping.

49 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

it's not a sky game. its just a televised game. i know that's odd for you guys as SKY games are the only televised games but it's not their crew here filming it so its not under the same rules. They are talking our feed and just showing it. i imagine that once in SL we would be video ref ready and might just use them every game.

Is that a given? :huh:

59 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

Catalans games are not Sky games either. They have VR's.

the intensity that SL teams are used to vs. what we had in the champ and especially at the end of the season is definitely a big negative for us. looking forward to watching the game...Sunday night when i come back from camping.

I think that’s where TWP will falter a little.  The intensity.  Whether HKR can play with it is another matter.

What is the state of Liam Kay, by the way.  They will certainly miss him this week.

21 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Catalans games are not Sky games either. They have VR's.

"if" in SL next year we will have video ref.

if there is a SL game not on TV but the team aired it for their own fans to view (if that happens) they wouldn't have video refs either. Sky is just talking our feed few times and showing it.

Are any of the other Championship home games being shown on TV or are they all being ignored strictly because the facilities aren't setup for video ref because it's not a requirement in the Champ?

Edited by Krzzystuff

10 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

I think that’s where TWP will falter a little.  The intensity.  Whether HKR can play with it is another matter.

What is the state of Liam Kay, by the way.  They will certainly miss him this week.

i believe he's out for the season. MCB fee has been paid so he will play and MR is fine?

• Like 1