Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

18 Aug: Qualifiers: Salford Red Devils v Widnes Vikings KO 3.15pm (TV)

Who will win?  

36 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

    • Salford Red Devils
      28
    • Widnes Vikings
      6
    • Draw
      2

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/18/2018 at 02:15 PM

Recommended Posts

the Widnes Carps will stick true to bottom feeder form and make it 18 on the bounce.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Salford to win but this is an interesting match in terms of how the final places pan out. If Widnes lose that is going to give Toronto, London and Toulouse a lot of hope in terms of getting to the MPG at the absolute minimum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 It’s important that Salford to turn up in the right frame of mind, respect the opposition and play professionally with 100% effort, after that I don’t care what the score is, I will just be happy if Salford scrape through by just the odd point.  What I don’t want is for Salford to be the surprise Middle 8 losers this coming weekend undoing all the good work at HKR.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Salford, but by how much depends on what kind of fight Widnes put up.....  I can see the first 20 mins being a right tussle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Oxford said:

If SRD are favourites I'm really worried!

I know what you mean, particularly now that the Nostradamus of Chiswick has predicted a comfortable win for Salford.

The only certainty in this game is that the post-match discussion - if such it can be called - on here will be about the attendance rather than the action.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hammerless Nail said:

I know what you mean, particularly now that the Nostradamus of Chiswick has predicted a comfortable win for Salford.

The only certainty in this game is that the post-match discussion - if such it can be called - on here will be about the attendance rather than the action. 

Football and racing on tv and Salford City FC at home to Chesterfield. All the local amateur teams are also playing and I know quite a few Salford fans who would rather play than watch. The Salford fans who will be there, and I may well be one of them this week, will be loud, proud and passionate and I hope they are cheering happily at the final whistle.

I know the Chronicler of Chiswick by the way and he's a real nice bloke but doesn't like Salford after bad experiences at the Willows. Must have been tough for him to predict a Salford win but at least it's an honest opinion.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hammerless Nail said:

the post-match discussion - if such it can be called - on here will be about the attendance rather than the action.

Well it keeps'em off the streets!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Salford to win by 20+. wider issue for Salford if they stay up is they will more than likely run into the same problems next season as they have had this,especially if they cannot keep hold of players such as Hastings and Lui.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Salford by 14...playing well the last few matches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After the way both teams performed last week,easy win for Salford + 24.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Widnes want to stay in SL, they really need to get their act together. Unfortunately I can't see it happening just yet. But you never know!    

A deluded Widnes by 7.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2018 at 1:18 PM, Hammerless Nail said:

I know what you mean, particularly now that the Nostradamus of Chiswick has predicted a comfortable win for Salford.

The only certainty in this game is that the post-match discussion - if such it can be called - on here will be about the attendance rather than the action.

Huddersfield played last night, everyone else's poor crowds are justified, that's how it works :)

Edited by meast
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 4:02 PM, Celtic Rooster said:

Football and racing on tv and Salford City FC at home to Chesterfield. All the local amateur teams are also playing and I know quite a few Salford fans who would rather play than watch. The Salford fans who will be there, and I may well be one of them this week, will be loud, proud and passionate and I hope they are cheering happily at the final whistle.

I know the Chronicler of Chiswick by the way and he's a real nice bloke but doesn't like Salford after bad experiences at the Willows. Must have been tough for him to predict a Salford win but at least it's an honest opinion.

I'll be out of intensive care on Tuesday.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Massive game this... 

Fans don't think so sadly. What's the point if paying fans don't give a stuff?

Edited by Scubby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Scubby said:

Fans don't think so sadly. What's the point if paying fans don't give a stuff?

Massive game for the survival chances of both teams. But that doesn’t remove the fact that they are both at the bottom and served up a lot of rubbish throughout the season. We both know RL fans don’t watch losing sides. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


League Express - Online Now

League Express - Every Monday



Rugby League World - Sept 2018

Rugby League World - Sept 2018

Rugby League Books On Sale Here