17 Aug: Super 8s: Huddersfield Giants v Hull FC KO 7.45pm

Who will win?  

24 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Hull FC
    • Draw

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/17/2018 at 06:45 PM

At the moment we/FC are an absolute shower, Radford has said he's changed things but he hasn't. His one dimensional game plan and picking players to suit that style of play never mind hanging onto some whom are simply not up to scratch has led to where we are now.

Some players are hanging on by a thread due to injury or being brought back from injury too soon, kids who are fatigued because they're not fully fledged/have not gained enough experience/strength due to players like Washbrook continually being shoehorned into the side. 

Aside from the St,Helens CC match and a couple (and I mean a couple) of other top performances we've been bang average all year

We might scrape a win, we might even win convincingly, we might get completely battered, odds aren't looking good for a win tbh.

Problem for Pearson is that these performances are noticeable in the crowd numbers, against Wakey it was called as just over 10k  but was maybe 8,000 there and the atmosphere has just disappeared. Radford even had the cheek to blame the fans (he has form on this as well), even the passholders can't be arris'd to turn up and it will only get worse for the rest of the play-offs at this rate.

I normally make the 350 mile round trip to two of the play-off games but frankly I just don't want to watch dross, it's all a bit depressing at the moment so I'm getting myself off to watch London v Leeds, the prospect of seeing Leeds getting beat by the 'cockerney's' is something to look forward too I guess.😅

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

We *should* win this at home, but it'll be just like the Giants for the wheels to fall off now. Not like we don't have form...

I'm hoping our backline continues to make hay while they can though, a win ahead of a week off will be just right 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

At the moment we/FC are an absolute shower, Radford has said he's changed things but he hasn't. His one dimensional game plan and picking players to suit that style of play never mind hanging onto some whom are simply not up to scratch has led to where we are now.

Some players are hanging on by a thread due to injury or being brought back from injury too soon, kids who are fatigued because they're not fully fledged/have not gained enough experience/strength due to players like Washbrook continually being shoehorned into the side. 

Aside from the St,Helens CC match and a couple (and I mean a couple) of other top performances we've been bang average all year

We might scrape a win, we might even win convincingly, we might get completely battered, odds aren't looking good for a win tbh.

Problem for Pearson is that these performances are noticeable in the crowd numbers, against Wakey it was called as just over 10k  but was maybe 8,000 there and the atmosphere has just disappeared. Radford even had the cheek to blame the fans (he has form on this as well), even the passholders can't be arris'd to turn up and it will only get worse for the rest of the play-offs at this rate.

I normally make the 350 mile round trip to two of the play-off games but frankly I just don't want to watch dross, it's all a bit depressing at the moment so I'm getting myself off to watch London v Leeds, the prospect of seeing Leeds getting beat by the 'cockerney's' is something to look forward too I guess.😅

So the usual 5,000 won't be coming then :P

I would like to think it would be another win for the Giants on our top 4 crusade, Hull appear to be gone by all accounts, waved the white flag it seems, so hopefully they'll keep waving our attacks through.

1 minute ago, meast said:

So the usual 5,000 won't be coming then :P

I would like to think it would be another win for the Giants on our top 4 crusade, Hull appear to be gone by all accounts, waved the white flag it seems, so hopefully they'll keep waving our attacks through.

I doubt we will even muster the energy to wave you through. We will just stand with our arms by our sides as you stroll past.

56 minutes ago, MZH said:

Huddersfield by 40+

It was nearly that at arf tarm at Wakey and Hudds are in better form, I would say.

Huddersfield to win by more than 50  is 66/1. :blink:

Might be worth a few bob.

Giants top four chase is all that is currently Super about the 8s.Hull are unlikely to spoil that.  Did Hull lose their apparent fight with Conner or was he masking poor team performances earlier?

3 hours ago, MZH said:

I doubt we will even muster the energy to wave you through. We will just stand with our arms by our sides as you stroll past.

As a famous Hull born poet once said "Not waving but drowning".

1 hour ago, Charlie RL said:

Did Hull lose their apparent fight with Conner or was he masking poor team performances earlier?

Eh?

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Eh?

I think he means did we lose what was left of our fighting spirit when Connor got injured? Although I had to read it a couple of times to understand what it meant aswell.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MZH said:

I think he means did we lose what was left of our fighting spirit when Connor got injured? Although I had to read it a couple of times to understand what it meant aswell.

Yes thank you.  Double Dutch sorry.

Hull have good players and I can't understand why they keep losing?

Giants to win this 

I hope the pundits are correct, bringing two new prospective fans so a good giants game will make them stay 

20 hours ago, Eleftherios said:

Can't see anything but a Giant(s) win. Hull look absolutely shot at the moment.

I can see a spelling mistake in your post mate.

19 hours ago, MZH said:

Huddersfield by 40+

25/1 minimum

3 hours ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Given Hull's end season collapse, Hudd by 30.

9/2

3 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

We're gonna get battered. Nothing to play for and the players are already planning their holidays. 46-10 Huddersfield. 

10/1

23 hours ago, Ant said:

We *should* win this at home, but it'll be just like the Giants for the wheels to fall off now. Not like we don't have form...

I'm hoping our backline continues to make hay while they can though, a win ahead of a week off will be just right 

It's Hull you are playing not KR who gave you a pasting twice!

On 8/15/2018 at 8:57 PM, Charlie RL said:

Giants top four chase is all that is currently Super about the 8s.Hull are unlikely to spoil that.  Did Hull lose their apparent fight with Conner or was he masking poor team performances earlier?

If it hadn't been for a bit of individual magic late in the game from Connor and Kelly Hull would have been the only team to lose to Widnes since goodness knows when. Most of our hope for the season went down the tunnel on the stretcher with Connor in the game against Saints. Kelly's really nasty looking concussion late in the same game eradicated what was left.

No doubt which way the result will go tonight. It's just a question of by how many. Like my fellow Hull fans on here, I fear and expect it's going to be an awful lot.

3 hours ago, Ullman said:

No doubt which way the result will go tonight. It's just a question of by how many. Like my fellow Hull fans on here, I fear and expect it's going to be an awful lot.

My bank manager thinks otherwise.

Giants to run riot. +30