Sign in to follow this  
Les Tonks Sidestep

Some good news

Recommended Posts

Probably just as well considering that we have only managed to name 17 players. We look a bit light on props! Also see there is no Briscoe in the lineup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Reddwarf said:

No briscoe . That’s because he is in the leeds squad !!

Anyone care to explain how he can be as the Operational Rules state that a player can only play for both his parent club and his DR club in the 8s if he has played in 5 or more games on DR and both teams are in different 8s? His transfer to Leeds was announced on 19th June after which, as far as I can tell, he only played 3 times for us (Sheff A, Halifax A and Swinton A) so it wouldn't seem that he meets the minimum 5 game criterion. It's always possible of course, that he was a Leeds player much earlier than announced or that Leeds may be punished for fielding an illegible player (if he plays)

 

Just now, Cardypaul said:

Thought he couldn’t play for Leeds as he had played with us last week?

Shouldn't be able to unless there's even more to his transfer than has already come out....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Anyone care to explain how he can be as the Operational Rules state that a player can only play for both his parent club and his DR club in the 8s if he has played in 5 or more games on DR and both teams are in different 8s? His transfer to Leeds was announced on 19th June after which, as far as I can tell, he only played 3 times for us (Sheff A, Halifax A and Swinton A) so it wouldn't seem that he meets the minimum 5 game criterion. It's always possible of course, that he was a Leeds player much earlier than announced or that Leeds may be punished for fielding an illegible player (if he plays)

 

Shouldn't be able to unless there's even more to his transfer than has already come out....

I'll have a stab...

Rule C 1:2:7
http://www.rugby-league.com/operational-rules-2018/#p=86

in the bit about having to play 5 matches, it says "The above provision shall not apply to DR players who have played 5 or more matches for their DR club (whether on Dual Registration or otherwise)

so Briscoe's earlier games for us count towards the 5, as well as the DR ones

it goes on to say that they can play for the club to which they are registered (ie Leeds in this case) and the DR club (ie us) "save where both clubs are in the same competition" post-season.

So if we had made it into the middle 8s he wouldn't be eligible to play for both...but as we didn't and are in a different post-season comp to Leeds, he can play for both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I'll have a stab...

Rule C 1:2:7
http://www.rugby-league.com/operational-rules-2018/#p=86

in the bit about having to play 5 matches, it says "The above provision shall not apply to DR players who have played 5 or more matches for their DR club (whether on Dual Registration or otherwise)

so Briscoe's earlier games for us count towards the 5, as well as the DR ones

it goes on to say that they can play for the club to which they are registered (ie Leeds in this case) and the DR club (ie us) "save where both clubs are in the same competition" post-season.

So if we had made it into the middle 8s he wouldn't be eligible to play for both...but as we didn't and are in a different post-season comp to Leeds, he can play for both.

Moral of the story, always check the Op Rules as I've pointed out before....  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least the good news is we’re not short of backs!!!

Do we know the situation with Moore not in the squad again and no mention on the injury update, is he injured or has he taken his bat home? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cardypaul said:

At least the good news is we’re not short of backs!!!

Do we know the situation with Moore not in the squad again and no mention on the injury update, is he injured or has he taken his bat home? 

Leg injury that he's had for a few weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Leg injury that he's had for a few weeks. 

Clears that up. What about the lad from Hemel I assume he’s injured which is a shame the plate would have been a good opportunity to have a look at him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cardypaul said:

Clears that up. What about the lad from Hemel I assume he’s injured which is a shame the plate would have been a good opportunity to have a look at him.

No idea what's happened to James Thornton. Plenty of others neither judging by conversations last week. Richard Moore was at the game on Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Int' it great awaiting the 19 and not knowing how we will find 19 players, certainly great fun at Leigh. Last week we had a local amateur making debut and this week we have that lad and an Irish RU international 7's player that a local pubs clientele have paid for his digs and spends whilst he trials.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Int' it great awaiting the 19 and not knowing how we will find 19 players, certainly great fun at Leigh. Last week we had a local amateur making debut and this week we have that lad and an Irish RU international 7's player that a local pubs clientele have paid for his digs and spends whilst he trials.

Turning up for games in hope rather than expectation, when a win against the odds is something to be savoured. You can always find something good in a bad situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Int' it great awaiting the 19 and not knowing how we will find 19 players, certainly great fun at Leigh. Last week we had a local amateur making debut and this week we have that lad and an Irish RU international 7's player that a local pubs clientele have paid for his digs and spends whilst he trials.

Think about some other clubs that never reach the heights of Leigh and Fev and struggle throughout this and many other seasons. You rarely hear their few loyal fans bleating. Take the rough with the smooth because some certain clubs just have it rough. Its sport just enjoy what you have is my motto😇

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2018 at 9:48 AM, Phil Loxton said:

Think about some other clubs that never reach the heights of Leigh and Fev and struggle throughout this and many other seasons. You rarely hear their few loyal fans bleating. Take the rough with the smooth because some certain clubs just have it rough. Its sport just enjoy what you have is my motto😇

It was genuine, we have a team sweating blood for each other, not knowing if they will be paid or not. Sticking their hands up to play in whatever position is needed -it's great to see. In the past 2 games one lad has played wing, fb, stand off and hooker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

It was genuine, we have a team sweating blood for each other, not knowing if they will be paid or not. Sticking their hands up to play in whatever position is needed -it's great to see. In the past 2 games one lad has played wing, fb, stand off and hooker

And he played centre the game before that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.