Sign in to follow this  
Michael Ashton

The Championship Situation.

Swinton and Rochdale both lost close games but Barrow lost 38-0 and Batley lost. It looks as if we should be safe but not mathematically certain yet.

The biggest surprise is in Ch1. Workington beat Bradford and York had an easy win so York and Workington will top the table and Worky could get straight promotion. and it would be nice to have a local derby back.

10 minutes ago, Michael Ashton said:

Swinton and Rochdale both lost close games but Barrow lost 38-0 and Batley lost. It looks as if we should be safe but not mathematically certain yet.

The biggest surprise is in Ch1. Workington beat Bradford and York had an easy win so York and Workington will top the table and Worky could get straight promotion. and it would be nice to have a local derby back.

nearly right Michael except working ton 3rd and batley won

Edited by alba

Any injuries today? If not, job done. Forget the result.

To get automatic promotion, Workington would need to win their last 4 games by a shed load and York and Bradford lose theirs, unless the structure (probably along with this year's promotion and relegation criteria) is changed for next year.........

As for the Raiders, They built a good foundation in the first quarter of the season, and although lots of injuries, they have won games at key points, that's what this years plan was , Paul Crarey warned us at the start there would be big defeats, but to keep our nerve, will be relieved when we are certain,, but never boring following the Raiders.

• Like 1

Well done Alba I wondered if somebody would spot the deliberate mistake LOL. I meant to say Dewsbury instead of Batley because it was more important that Batley won.

I agree about Worky but I thought they had more points than they had. I see York have 40, Bradford have 38 &   Worky have 32.

Cresta said in interview that Charnock will be back soon  and he can then rest Johnson. He never mentioned any injuries from today.

Why are we talking about Worky?

Mike, I thought this thread was about today's game, you know, the one at Leigh?

When Michael brought this topic up, I thought there would have been a flood of replies, especially after the RFL proposal for the championship/ div1. relegation/ promotion. I couldn't get a mail on Saturday, but had a look on line, but last report in there, was hoping we do well against Leigh, wow.

Edited by alba

According to Rugby Leaguer an EGM will be held by SL shortly. If it's to be believed 3 teams will go up from Ch1 and 1 down from CH. This would be next season and be 14 teams in CH. I reckon York, Bradford and  Workington would be promoted and either Swinton or Rochdale relegated. Fancy moving the goal posts so near the end of the season.

According to the report in the League Express, the proposals for the revamped Championship and League one have been approved by 11 votes to 1 by the SL clubs, and now the vote has to go to the none SL clubs. The maths show that assuming a majority of the 38 clubs need to approve the proposal, then 20 votes are required in total, meaning if only 9 of the 26 none SL clubs vote for the change, it will be approved (11 + 9 = 20).

What has the championship format got to do with super league, other reports have stated that the championship clubs have unanimously rejected the new proposals. Who has the final say? Has a Town supporter I would love the Town to go up, but I am sure the likes of Doncaster, Oldham, Hunslet & even Haven will be in with a shout.   

The whole thing is a shambles. But i'm not surprised.

• Like 1