Sign in to follow this  
Wellsy4HullFC

Qualifiers Predictions after R2

Recommended Posts

A few unexpected results already. I had Widnes to beat London, Rovers to beat Salford and Toronto to beat Rovers (I'm guessing a few others did too).

 

Remaining fixtures:

 

Round 3:

Leeds v Hull KR 

Toulouse v Widnes 

Toronto v London 

Halifax v Salford 

 

Round 4:

Salford v Toronto 

Hull KR v Halifax 

London v Toulouse 

Widnes v Leeds 

 

Round 5:

Leeds v Salford 

Toronto v Toulouse 

Hull KR v London 

Widnes v Halifax 

 

Round 6:

Toronto v Widnes 

Toulouse v Hull KR 

Halifax v Leeds 

London v Salford 

 

Round 7:

Leeds v Toronto 

Hull KR v Widnes 

London v Halifax 

Salford v Toulouse 

 

Final table:

1. Leeds 12pts

2. Hull KR 12pts

3. Toronto 10pts

4. Salford 10pts

5. Toulouse 6pts

6. London 4pts

7. Widnes 2pts

8. Halifax 0pts

 

I don't know why, but I really see Rovers winning next week. 

Think Toronto will pull it together and beat Salford and Widnes. Leeds will be too much.

Salford to miss out on the Top 3 just on points difference (despite a good start).

Close between Toulouse and London and will come down to their game against each other possibly. 

Widnes will not beat Toulouse in France or Toronto away. Only hope against Halifax at home. Wouldn't be surprised if they lose that either.

 

Can't see Toulouse winning  the MPG away from home.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

A few unexpected results already. I had Widnes to beat London, Rovers to beat Salford and Toronto to beat Rovers (I'm guessing a few others did too).

 

Remaining fixtures:

 

Round 3:

Leeds v Hull KR 

Toulouse v Widnes 

Toronto v London 

Halifax v Salford 

 

Round 4:

Salford v Toronto 

Hull KR v Halifax 

London v Toulouse 

Widnes v Leeds 

 

Round 5:

Leeds v Salford 

Toronto v Toulouse 

Hull KR v London 

Widnes v Halifax 

 

Round 6:

Toronto v Widnes 

Toulouse v Hull KR 

Halifax v Leeds 

London v Salford 

 

Round 7:

Leeds v Toronto 

Hull KR v Widnes 

London v Halifax 

Salford v Toulouse 

 

Final table:

1. Leeds 12pts

2. Hull KR 12pts

3. Toronto 10pts

4. Salford 10pts

5. Toulouse 6pts

6. London 4pts

7. Widnes 2pts

8. Halifax 0pts

 

I don't know why, but I really see Rovers winning next week. 

Think Toronto will pull it together and beat Salford and Widnes. Leeds will be too much.

Salford to miss out on the Top 3 just on points difference (despite a good start).

Close between Toulouse and London and will come down to their game against each other possibly. 

Widnes will not beat Toulouse in France or Toronto away. Only hope against Halifax at home. Wouldn't be surprised if they lose that either.

 

Can't see Toulouse winning  the MPG away from home.

Salford already have a points difference of +44 after 2 games (and against SL teams). How is that going to drop enough for them to miss out on PD compared to Toronto +8 or perhaps Hull KR -12?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Salford already have a points difference of +44 after 2 games (and against SL teams). How is that going to drop enough for them to miss out on PD compared to Toronto +8 or perhaps Hull KR -12?

If Toronto won by 18, that quickly turns into +26 each (not saying that'll happen).

Only takes one bad result.

There's also how much they win/lose to Leeds.

Not all cut and dried yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

A few unexpected results already. I had Widnes to beat London, Rovers to beat Salford and Toronto to beat Rovers (I'm guessing a few others did too).

 

Remaining fixtures:

 

Round 3:

Leeds v Hull KR. Disagree

Toulouse v Widnes. Agree

Toronto v London. Agree

Halifax v Salford. Agree

 

Round 4:

Salford v Toronto ...disagree

Hull KR v Halifax ...agree

London v Toulouse ....disagree

Widnes v Leeds ...agree

 

Round 5:

Leeds v Salford ...agree

Toronto v Toulouse ...agree

Hull KR v London ...agree

Widnes v Halifax ....agree

 

Round 6:

Toronto v Widnes ...agree

Toulouse v Hull KR ...agree

Halifax v Leeds ...agree

London v Salford ...agree

 

Round 7:

Leeds v Toronto ...agree

Hull KR v Widnes ...agree

London v Halifax ...agree

Salford v Toulouse ....agree

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Widnes arent out of it yet, still think they are likely for the million pound game. Especially if the championship sides take points off each other. Beat Toulouse and Fax and sneak one against Leeds, HKR or Toronto and they are most likely in the MPG at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I don't know why, but I really see Rovers winning next week. 

I will bet the house on them not doing.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think every team (bar Widnes and Halifax) are in it. 

I think Toronto will go straight up and then London or Toulouse (or maybe both) will make the MPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Salford will have far to much for Toronto at the AJ Bell, none are my team, but will be attending with my club shirt on, as they say charity begins at home, guess who I will be favouring?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Salford will have far to much for Toronto at the AJ Bell, none are my team, but will be attending with my club shirt on, as they say charity begins at home, guess who I will be favouring?

The one NOT coached by Paul Rowley? Just a guess.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A look back into the last three years of qualifiers can give us an idea of who will be in this year's mpg, and therefore who will be above and below them in the final table.

2015, both teams won 3 who ended up in the mpg.

2016, one team won 3, one team won 4.

2017, both teams won 4.

So on this basis, Salford for example after a good start still need to win 3 out of the next 5 to ensure absolute safety. Widnes need to win maybe 4 out of the next 5 to even get in the mpg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

If Toronto won by 18, that quickly turns into +26 each (not saying that'll happen).

Only takes one bad result.

There's also how much they win/lose to Leeds.

Not all cut and dried yet.

"Not saying that'll happen"?

Yes, you are!

This game is not a gimme for Salford, but I would be absolutely gobsmacked if Toronto won by 18.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My opinion FWIW.

Now that Rovers won in Canada, I would be surprised if they, Salford and Leeds lost any except against each other. They would be my top 3.

Which leaves a mini league of 5 teams for the Mpg.

So far, TO, TWP and London have won one lost none in this mini league. Widnes lost 1, Fax 2.

Toronto have a big advantage as their remaining 3 games are all at home. I expect them to host the Mpg therefore.

Fax have lost twice already. I can't see them winning the  other 2 being enough.

So I reckon the TO v Widnes and London games to be decisive.  

Will go for Broncos on home advantage.

Toronto v London for a SL place.

Edited by dixiedean

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, tonyXIII said:

"Not saying that'll happen"?

Yes, you are!

This game is not a gimme for Salford, but I would be absolutely gobsmacked if Toronto won by 18.

No, I'm not.

I gave an example of how quickly that points difference could turn around in just one game. There are FIVE more games. Only takes 10 points extra a game to change. Only takes one walkway score. Only takes one hammering. But whatever happens when they go head to head counts as double.

Edited by Wellsy4HullFC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dixiedean said:

My opinion FWIW.

Now that Rovers won in Canada, I would be surprised if they, Salford and Leeds lost any except against each other. They would be my top 3.

Which leaves a mini league of 5 teams for the Mpg.

So far, TO, TWP and London have won one lost none in this mini league. Widnes lost 1, Fax 2.

Toronto have a big advantage as their remaining 3 games are all at home. I expect them to host the Mpg therefore.

Fax have lost twice already. I can't see them winning the  other 2 being enough.

So I reckon the TO v Widnes and London games to be decisive.  

Will go for Broncos on home advantage.

Toronto v London for a SL place.

That's an interesting way to look at it, although it does assume that none of those five will beat the top three. I can see a slip up somewhere among them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

 

Round 5:

Leeds v Salford 

Toronto v Toulouse 

Hull KR v London 

Widnes v Halifax  

 

aie… you got on result on this round wrong, you might want to calculate again… :D

Round 5

Toronto v Toulouse 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think someone could get in the MPG with two wins this year however it is unlikely. In effect a mini league with London, Halifax, Toulouse and Halifax. If none beat any of the other four ((Fairly likely). If Toulouse beat London and lose to Widnes and Halifax lose the lot then two wins would put you in 4th.

Edited by RS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Mr Plow said:

I think every team (bar Widnes and Halifax) are in it. 

I think Toronto will go straight up and then London or Toulouse (or maybe both) will make the MPG

You say straight up, if Toronto finish in the top 4 will the RFL let them into Superleauge ??? Doesn't sound like their wanted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jacko45 said:

You say straight up, if Toronto finish in the top 4 will the RFL let them into Superleauge ??? Doesn't sound like their wanted.

I think this could become very interesting...it is clear that many do not want them....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

You say straight up, if Toronto finish in the top 4 will the RFL let them into Superleauge ??? Doesn't sound like their wanted.

I thought it was announced that they're guaranteed a SL place if they earn one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Carter said on sky on Thursday night that he believes if Toronto earn the right to be promoted, then they will be promoted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2018 at 5:36 PM, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I don't know why, but I really see Rovers winning next week. 

 

On 8/19/2018 at 6:06 PM, Just Browny said:

I will bet the house on them not doing.

I'll take a wild guess and suggest that your complete confidence comes from the fact that they're not playing next week?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

That's an interesting way to look at it, although it does assume that none of those five will beat the top three. I can see a slip up somewhere among them.

The only way I can see that is in a dead rubber, where one team is already safe. Leeds took the last 15 off on Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


League Express - Online Now

League Express - Every Monday



Rugby League World - Sept 2018

Rugby League World - Sept 2018

Rugby League Books On Sale Here