Sign in to follow this  
Rarefrith

Coaching staff

It seems John Duffy has gone from two assistant coaches to none. Surely an impossible task if true, surely he will have at least one assistant going forward?

Is this a fact or just rumour ?

The way I see it, especially of late, that until it's announced officially then it is just rumour and conjecture. The ideal time to find out is on Thursday at the fans forum. Rather than believing everything that is on social media I will be waiting to hear from the people running the club personally. Maybe some of the keyboard warriors may want to do the same thing and attend the forum and find out what the facts are, or would that be too much trouble?

His brother Jay as definitely left, last weeks home game was his last game and that is fact!! There’s another back room staff gone also but I’m not sure who that one is. 

👋 GARETH Hock has left the club after agreeing mutual terms for a release from his contract.‬

‪Featherstone Rovers would like to thank Hock for his service and cooperation, as the club proactively looks to restructure for 2019.‬

🙌 Good luck in the future, Gareth!‬

‪#BeRovers‬

Can anyone  tell me why clubs require assistant coaches, directors of rugby, etc., etc?.

More assistants= more clash of opinions and undermining of decisions. The boss is the boss who should live or die by his and his alone decisions. 

57 minutes ago, saddleworth said:

Can anyone  tell me why clubs require assistant coaches, directors of rugby, etc., etc?.

More assistants= more clash of opinions and undermining of decisions. The boss is the boss who should live or die by his and his alone decisions. 

impossible to coach an amateur team by your sen let alone a pro team

4 hours ago, Maureen T-k said:

His brother Jay as definitely left, last weeks home game was his last game and that is fact!! There’s another back room staff gone also but I’m not sure who that one is. 

Iirc, there was an assistant and a strength and conditioning guy that started with Duffy. I presume that it's one of those two if another has gone, though that's going to leave us short regardless. 

4 hours ago, gingdong said:

impossible to coach an amateur team by your sen let alone a pro team

Don't know how we managed a few years back

7 minutes ago, saddleworth said:

Don't know how we managed a few years back

in all my time watching Rovers iv never known us not have an assistant coach

What was Danny Evans