24 Aug: London Skolars v Keighley Cougars KO 7pm

Who will win?  

18 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• London Skolars
    • Keighley Cougars
    • Draw

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/24/2018 at 06:00 PM

Discuss the 'Friday Night Lights' eve of Challenge Cup final League 1 game between London Skolars and Keighley Cougars here.

FNL has become a fixture in all RL fans CCF weekend. 

Real-ale festival by Caveman Brewery, BBQ/street food and live music.

MPs Political Animals v London Select - 4 pm

Skolars U16s v Invicta/Elmbridge U16s Select - 5pm

Skolars v Keighley - 7 p.m

Drinking after until all gone.

Advance tickets here £12.50 in advance and £15 on door & a CCF Club Wembley combo ticket is £35 only buy here. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/friday-night-lights-london-skolars-vs-keighley-cougars-tickets-41868410543

• Like 3

SKOLARS V KEIGHLEY – FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS

24THAUGUST 2018

SAMPLE OF THE BEERS ON OFFER AT REAL- ALE FESTIVAL

Caveman Brewery 

NEOLITHIC 4.1%  

A hoppy pale ale with a straightforward malt character that really lets the citrus, grapefruit and pine flavours of our heavy hop combo shine through. A refreshing session beer for summer days. Available fined or unfined in cask.  

PALAEOLITHIC 3.8%

A light session beer with a high dose of aromatic hops. Well balanced and highly drinkable this beer is the Swanscombe Man's favourite brew, which is why we named it after the Palaeolithic era. Sweet malts balance out the grapefruit and citrus from the US Cascade hops to produce an easy drinking session pale ale. It's then dry-hopped to add a bit of punch and aroma. 

OAKHAM DRAGON 5% 

Showcasing one of the new wave of hops from Slovenia this golden beer is bursting with grapefruit, lemon, apple and rose characters. 

WHITE DWARF 4.3% 

English style wheat beer, which mellows to reveal fruit overtones amidst a dry as a bone finish 

Dorset Brewing Company

ORIGIN 4.4% 

Light gold Citrus IPA with a hoppy sweet finish 

Easy drinking 

TOM BROWN 4%

Amber ale with caramel notes 

Subtle spiced fruity aroma

BBQ & street food, live music. 2 curtain raiser games including the Political Animals v London Select at 4.

Advance tickets here £35 inc a CCF club wembley ticket and FNL tickets. Great value https://www.eventbrite.com/e/friday-night-lights-london-skolars-vs-keighley-cougars-tickets-41868410543

•  
  • Like 2

Travelling back from holiday in Ryedale north York’s on Friday, hoping traffic better than on the way up so I can get to FNL as always a great night and the only time I wear my Skolars shirt. 

• Like 1

Nice part of the country Ryedale . 

Many many years ago my junior school took pupils camping in Farndale , good good memories .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BD20Cougar said:

I'll go for a cougars win by 12

What type of crowd do Skolars usually get for the friday night lights game? 

Depends who they play. Last year’s vs South Wales was probably the poorest attended FNL I’ve been to but when they’ve played Keighley, Oldham and Toulouse in the past, the crowd has been giving as four figures IIRC. 

• Thanks 1

Political Animals to kick off Challenge Cup final weekend

The Political Animals will once again kick off Challenge Cup Final weekend with their annual game against a London Select XIII as part of London Skolars’ Friday Night Lights event.

The Animals count Peers, MPs, councillors, parliamentary and political staff from across the political spectrum amongst their members, and aim to connect with politicians to promote rugby league and allow more people to experience the game.

Friday Night Lights is an annual event which kicks off the Challenge Cup Final weekend, and has become a regular fixture for the Animals. Following the Animals match, which kicks off at 4pm, London Skolars face Keighley Cougars.

Local Member of Parliament for Hornsey and Wood Green, and Political Animals Parliamentary Captain, Catherine West MP, will kick off the match. She said “I am delighted to welcome the Political Animals to my constituency once again, for their annual game against a London Select side.

“The Animals provide opportunities for politicians to see the impact that rugby league clubs have in their communities, and Friday Night Lights is a fitting celebration of everything that London Skolars do in my constituency.

“I encourage all rugby league fans to come down to support.”

• Like 3

Judging by twitter we will be getting fans from everywhere. Toronto, Works, York, Broncos, Catalan and Warrington all tweeted urging fans to come.

• Like 5

Hope it's a good crowd and a good game. London are overdue a home win, possibly should have had one against York. Keighley have of course already lost at Coventry but still have plenty of talent and they probably need to win all their matches, starting on Friday, to have any chance of the playoffs.

Im going to go for Cougars by 4, 975 attendance.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2018 at 3:45 PM, Quinskolar said:

Be interesting to see if any Catalan fans turn up. Skolars by 10, we are long overdue a home win. 

Where. At the new river or Wembley 😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

18-0 Skolars HT

Is that rather odd mascot still running up and down the touchline?

Absolute shambles, street food burgers, band was a duo, warm larger. Good result for Skolars tho.