Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

25 Aug: Challenge Cup Final: Catalans Dragons v Warrington Wolves KO 3pm (TV)

Who will win?  

101 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons by 13 points of more
    • Catalans Dragons by 7 to 12 points
    • Catalans Dragons by 1 to 6 points
    • Draw after 80 minutes
    • Warrington Wolves by 1 to 6 points
    • Warrington Wolves by 7 to 12 points
    • Warrington Wolves by 13 points of more

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/08/18 at 14:00

1 hour ago, CiderWire said:

I'm a Warringtonian who lives an hour from Perpignan so my loyalties are split right down the middle. My heart will always pump primrose and blue blood but if Les Dracs come away with the cup I'll be happy - because that means the game of RL is the ultimate winner and hopefully generate more publicity for our game down here. As Steve Mac' mentioned recently in a post-match interview, this is not a rich part of France  by any stretch of the imagination and we need as much publicity as poss to help further grow TGG.

Can't wait for the game.

Is the match being screened on French  national TV or just regional ?

34 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

There's a bad advert for rugby league straight away. It's what I call a whistle-fest!

Good job he's not old and grey.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton  SL Top Gun 2016/2017 - Marc Sneyd (83%/89% goal success)

SL Hit Man 2016/2017 - Danny Houghton (1,289/1,123 tackles)  SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford   RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016/2017 - Hull FC

All in all, not a bad couple of years, I suppose...

2 hours ago, parklandswolf said:

Is the match being screened on French  national TV or just regional ?

Good question. To which I don't have an answer I'm afraid.

Anyone else in the final and I'd be there cheering on the Dragons a la 2007.

So yes I hope we win but couldn't begrudge Catalans if they pull it off. 

TBH I have a bad feeling about this game. Head says we should win but it is the 20th anniversary of Sheffield pulling it off! (Not that that means anything granted!)

Last new RL ground (96): Queensway Stadium - North Wales v South Wales 25/6/17

There’s a really good vibe about Catalans at the moment. Credit to Steve McNamara for turning the ship around.

Self-belief, a sense of destiny and a monster pack to win it for Catalans. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

You'd have to be old and grey to get that reference. 

Perfect for the forum demographic 

• Haha 1

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

11 hours ago, CiderWire said:

Good question. To which I don't have an answer I'm afraid.

Sure I've read that Bien have it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

After a slow start comfortable victory for the wire +14

Poor that Akoala gets a match ban for the final . Could be your only shot , and it means a lot to anzacs playing here . Surely a bit of common sense and leeway for a big final . Same with bird , should be seeing all the players on the biggest stage 

6 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Poor that Akoala gets a match ban for the final . Could be your only shot , and it means a lot to anzacs playing here . Surely a bit of common sense and leeway for a big final . Same with bird , should be seeing all the players on the biggest stage 

Think Les Dracs played better in the sem without Bird ;)

• Like 1

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

It's an interesting bi-modal distribution in the poll at the moment, with the largest peak at Warrington to win by 7-12, but the 2nd largest for Catalans to win by 1-6. Very few expecting a close win for Wire or a draw at 80 mins. Maybe a heart vs head distribution?

We're driving down late Friday evening and heading back probably Monday morning. 

At the moment I'm favouring Catalans although that could change throughout the game.  During the Wire v Hull final I changed sides several times.  Bit like being a Bradford/Halifax/Shudds fan over the last 20 years or so.

Will probably cheer for whoever Hicks takes a dislike to. 

Already well in the mood and really looking forward to the weekend.

• Like 2

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

1 hour ago, The Daddy said:

What's the best betting odds I can get on Catalan to win? 

Roughly, Catalans 2/1 and Warrington 1/2 for the win. Best odds for Catalans are 21/10, whilst you can't better 1/2 for Warrington.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DavidM said:

Problem is, it’s the third ban this season for the same offence.   Hard to argue the decision, but still a shame.

Based on recent form I think Price would go with George King anyway, and that’s probably what he’s told Sita.

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

4 hours ago, amm said:

Sure I've read that Bien have it

Spanish Channel TV3 based in Barcelona covering it also I understand.

• Like 2

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

1 hour ago, Desert Skipper said:

Problem is, it’s the third ban this season for the same offence.   Hard to argue the decision, but still a shame.

Based on recent form I think Price would go with George King anyway, and that’s probably what he’s told Sita.

Seems like Price doesn't hold with your view they are appealing Akuoala suspension tonight and if successful he will be in the 17. 

2 hours ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Seems like Price doesn't hold with your view they are appealing Akuoala suspension tonight and if successful he will be in the 17. 

Surprising.   I’ve been a bit disappointed with Akauola lately, not made much impact and certainly not an 80 minute workhorse.   Maybe a hot day against a side like Cats is his bread and butter though.

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan