Sign in to follow this  
IM2

Wembley Crowd

11 hours ago, Padge said:

In your dreams.

Not been there for 10 years lots of fans never watched saints in a CC final let alone at Wembley, along with the sense of a win would have saw 40k travel down to see saints. 

11 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Not been there for 10 years lots of fans never watched saints in a CC final let alone at Wembley, along with the sense of a win would have saw 40k travel down to see saints. 

Wow. Big claim. 

23 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Stop the world I'm getting off. Saints don't get 40k at Old Trafford (20 odd miles away) for a GF but you're telling me they would for a 400 mile round trip to Wembley.....ok mate 👍🏼

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So, we've established the top tier isn't going to be completely empty them....? But its closed to new purchases of tickets and these are only available in Club Wembley and the lower tier

There's at least 50 of us on a trip from Mount Pleasant as part of our annual pink weekend. We will be walking 10k from the trailfinders stadium to Wembley and the kids will be jingling their buckets in every beer garden on route so bring your change!!!. The bulldogs have raised a staggering £14000 for cancer charities this weekend with the Wembley walk sponsorship still to come, a fine effort for a club with a hardcore fanbase of 600ish with £65000 raised over the last 5 yesrs. 

http://www.batleybulldogs.co.uk/2018/08/20/pink-weekend-3/

• Like 18

I have just had an email from Halifax, saying my tickets are been upgraded and to collect my new tickets on Saturday, we was due to be in block 506, no idea where we are getting put now until we collect the new tickets

5 minutes ago, Nigel Fax said:

I have just had an email from Halifax, saying my tickets are been upgraded and to collect my new tickets on Saturday, we was due to be in block 506, no idea where we are getting put now until we collect the new tickets

So that was a corner in the Warrington end, suggesting that they are now moving people into the lower tier.

This is the ticket situation right now.  What it doesn't tell you at first glance is that those areas not sold out are all very nearly sold out (you have to click on each one). So with the top tier closed it looks like there aren't many tickets left!

I\m looking forward to my first visit to Club Wembley. Anyone else been there (we are in block 223)?
mm?id=2013

• Like 1

I see spurs at Wembley had 58k at the London Derby vs Fulham at the weekend at it looked decent to be fair. On the top tier they use black covering to give the illusion of less red seats and the effect does work. To look at how true attendances look I usually go on Instagram and in the search section type in the venue. This way you see a number of pictures from all different areas of stadiums that has been taken by the people present. I also typed in Lamport stadium after various people's comments about the wolfpacks attendance at the weekend and it did look like 7500 was there as you got to see more then the one main angle given by the TV camera. 

20 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I don't really care what the attendance is, I just want a catalans win, that will do more for growth of the game and publicity than having a full Wembley. 

I bet you are a "stay" supporter into the bargain.

• Confused 1

So, I noticed you can hover over the blocks on the diagram of the stadium and it tells you how many seats are still available in each.  It is kind of confusing seen as there were some blocks that it said are available that wouldn't let me click on and a load that say they are sold out but still have seats available, one in the south-west corner is sold out but has 333 tickets available at the time of writing this.

I decided to be sad and note down how many tickets it reckons are still available which equalled 2,594.  The capacity of the bottom two tiers on sale is 50,835 so that equals 48,241 sold.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Chris_T said:

There's at least 50 of us on a trip from Mount Pleasant as part of our annual pink weekend. We will be walking 10k from the trailfinders stadium to Wembley and the kids will be jingling their buckets in every beer garden on route so bring your change!!!. The bulldogs have raised a staggering £14000 for cancer charities this weekend with the Wembley walk sponsorship still to come, a fine effort for a club with a hardcore fanbase of 600ish with £65000 raised over the last 5 yesrs. 

http://www.batleybulldogs.co.uk/2018/08/20/pink-weekend-3/

What route are you taking? I will look out for you guys and drop you a few quid

Not sure on the route This year, last year's was almost a 10k run as we were delayed on the M1, but had to be at Wembley in time for a lap of honour as it was the 120year anniversary of our inaugural win. Hopefully this year's will include a couple more refreshment breaks!! We will be noticeable by our pink t-shirts. 

Edited by Chris_T
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Leeds Wire said:

This is the ticket situation right now.  What it doesn't tell you at first glance is that those areas not sold out are all very nearly sold out (you have to click on each one). So with the top tier closed it looks like there aren't many tickets left!

I\m looking forward to my first visit to Club Wembley. Anyone else been there (we are in block 223)?

We did club Wembley for the World Cup double header, it is really good and we bought club Wembley for this years final long before they started moving all the riff-raff in. 😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, yipyee said:

In your dreams.

theres a million and one distractions on aug bank holiday weekend, leeds fest, other festivals and above all a lot of people are either on holiday, going on holiday or skint cos they just got back from holiday, I wont even have time to see it on tv, mates having a bbq for his big birthday then we have a gig full dayer, prob wont even get round to watching a recording till midweek never mind get to Wembley - its totally the wrong time on the calendar for mine.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Chris_T said:

Not sure on the route This year, last year's was almost a 10k run as we were delayed on the M1, but had to be at Wembley in time for a lap of honour as it was the 120year anniversary of our inaugural win. Hopefully this year's will include a couple more refreshment breaks!! We will be noticeable by our pink t-shirts. 

Even I will donate to show we don’t completely despise the Gallant Yoths - well, I will give some £ from last week’s collection which is currently “resting” in my account....

2 hours ago, Padge said:

We did club Wembley for the World Cup double header, it is really good and we bought club Wembley for this years final long before they started moving all the riff-raff in. 😃

I booked club Wembley and am hoping its as impressive as Ive heard. I paid full whack at 80 a ticket. Its probably going for alot less now.   My Wife is hoping the bars and food is good.

If they get 50k thats decent given the time of year, and French opposition. There needs to be longer between the SF and F to allow French fans to buy tickets. As Les Dracs may be there again next year, fingers crossed.

I'm also in London this weekend but can't go to the game.

I remember the 98 final won by Sheffield had circa 63k which at the time everyone moaned about but was a good game and a big shock. A good game will go a long way to balancing out any concerns about the crowd - although it definitely needs addressing and not just forgotten about until the next low crowd.

People also  have short memories, its not that long ago it was moved to late August as late April/early May was too near the start of the season.

28 minutes ago, Southerner80 said:

I booked club Wembley and am hoping its as impressive as Ive heard. I paid full whack at 80 a ticket. Its probably going for alot less now.   My Wife is hoping the bars and food is good.

If they get 50k thats decent given the time of year, and French opposition. There needs to be longer between the SF and F to allow French fans to buy tickets. As Les Dracs may be there again next year, fingers crossed.

Everything about it is far better than the rest of the ground, be interesting to see how they cope with a lot more people in there though.  For the World Cup it was about two thirds full in our area.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Padge said:

Everything about it is far better than the rest of the ground, be interesting to see how they cope with a lot more people in there though.  For the World Cup it was about two thirds full in our area.

Went in Club Wembley last year and jumped on them when they had a short offer early on

Its really worth doing. Sat in sofa and armchairs with a pint (of Old Speckled Hen I think) before the game. Food seems slightly higher price as the main stadium, but the quality was good. Best part was not having to go with the crush at full time, stay and see the cup being presented, go down for another pint (main stadium bars are closed) with cracking views over to the city, then wander down to the nearly deserted tube. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

So, I noticed you can hover over the blocks on the diagram of the stadium and it tells you how many seats are still available in each.  It is kind of confusing seen as there were some blocks that it said are available that wouldn't let me click on and a load that say they are sold out but still have seats available, one in the south-west corner is sold out but has 333 tickets available at the time of writing this.

I decided to be sad and note down how many tickets it reckons are still available which equalled 2,594.  The capacity of the bottom two tiers on sale is 50,835 so that equals 48,241 sold.  

Admirable work - there's nowt like  bit of seat counting.

I'm just waiting for confirmation of the Denver test, so I can get on top of it.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, yipyee said:

Sad thing is if saints had won the semi they would have sold 40k tickets! 

I am sure you are absolutely right, yipyee.  But a complex piece of mathematical wizardry is called for here.  From the lost saints' 40k ticket sales, you must deduct the masses who will be attending because the Dragons are there, but who would not have done so if it had been Saints -v- the Wire.  For ease of reference, these masses can be described as me and my mate, Dave from Donny.

• Haha 1