Great game Featherstone Rovers but…..

The Lad

It was a great game on Sunday real big hits, line brakes and good carries by both teams a good arm wrestle and a good game to watch.

Unfortunately watching the game was not so enjoyable as the Crowd where less that friendly and not as expected.

Every tackle we made was high, every pass was forward and every defensive line was offside, Hull KR and Bradford Bulls don’t beg so much, from start to finish there where a large group of fev fans who continually begged and begged, and when you did score you would then shout at the ref and call him very unsightly names most of which was out of the mouths of people over 45.

And then there where the names that were called to us, names like t***s are not in the spirit of rugby especially where there are kids present and may need to be address by the fev faithful. A man over the age of 60 flipping fans off when fev scored, terrible.

Previously we have always had a good atmosphere at fev or our place but this one seemed different, could it be that you thought you would be playing Widnes not us or was it that it was 33-24 not 100-0?.

Featherstone Rovers is a great club and it was embarrassing to see members degrade themselves and the club in such a manner, I hope if Swinton or barrow two similarly smaller clubs like ours make a game of it they won’t be subject to the rude and childish behaviour of a lot of the fans.

i wasn'tthere, but if true, it doesn't do our club any favours

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

13 hours ago, The Lad said:

It was a great game on Sunday real big hits, line brakes and good carries by both teams a good arm wrestle and a good game to watch.

Unfortunately watching the game was not so enjoyable as the Crowd where less that friendly and not as expected.

Every tackle we made was high, every pass was forward and every defensive line was offside, Hull KR and Bradford Bulls don’t beg so much, from start to finish there where a large group of fev fans who continually begged and begged, and when you did score you would then shout at the ref and call him very unsightly names most of which was out of the mouths of people over 45.

And then there where the names that were called to us, names like t***s are not in the spirit of rugby especially where there are kids present and may need to be address by the fev faithful. A man over the age of 60 flipping fans off when fev scored, terrible.

Previously we have always had a good atmosphere at fev or our place but this one seemed different, could it be that you thought you would be playing Widnes not us or was it that it was 33-24 not 100-0?.

Featherstone Rovers is a great club and it was embarrassing to see members degrade themselves and the club in such a manner, I hope if Swinton or barrow two similarly smaller clubs like ours make a game of it they won’t be subject to the rude and childish behaviour of a lot of the fans.

Disgusted to read this. I was there but not with the people referred to. We sat with some Rochdale fans (including a very elderly former player) and had a very pleasant time with them even though the match was dire.

9 hours ago, fevnut said:

Disgusted to read this. I was there but not with the people referred to. We sat with some Rochdale fans (including a very elderly former player) and had a very pleasant time with them even though the match was dire.

I hope it is only a small number but there where a good number of fev fans being very disrespectful at everything that isn’t Featherstone rovers, the problem is that no one in the fev pack said anything if that was a Hornet fan I would have told them that they are embarrassing themselves and I know dozens of hornets fans who would.

Great preview on the game btw a really in-depth look at us mate it must take a lot of time to look up all of that stuff about squads and history of games between our two teams.

Looking at the gate perhaps there is something not quite right about the attitude of your supporters. We have already said that the majority of us do not subscribe to that sort of conduct. We cannot answer for a few hot heads. If we followed your recommendation then perhaps you would have had a fight at your ground making the circumstances enough worse. At Fev we have loud speakers telling people to watch themselves and their attitude. Perhaps you could set up somet5hing similar?

On 8/21/2018 at 8:41 AM, fevnut said:

be that group that arnt regulars and only go to big games, ow wait a min

21 hours ago, jamescolin said:

Looking at the gate perhaps there is something not quite right about the attitude of your supporters.

Evidence?

We cannot answer for a few hot heads.

More then a few but keep telling yourself that.

If we followed your recommendation then perhaps you would have had a fight at your ground making the circumstances enough worse.

Why?

At Fev we have loud speakers telling people to watch themselves and their attitude. Perhaps you could set up somet5hing similar?

Maybe there's a reason why you have to have that at your ground.

On 8/20/2018 at 10:55 AM, The Lad said:

Any proof any of this happened??????

3 minutes ago, gingdong said:

This answer tells me it never happened, very easy to type accusations out on a forum isnt it. 

Where you even at the game?, that’s why it happened you expected to be in the qualifiers and beat us 80-4 last time out so when a team who is lower in the table puts up a fight in a league you don’t want to be in and part of the crowd turned, abusive to the ref us and everything not rovers related. Sad really as fev would have been the last  team I would have suspected.

You have two options take the report at face value and  like others have on here said if it’s true it’s horrible and where embarrassed it happened or pretend it didn’t and carry on believing that a great club like fev is all moral and the fans are gods gift to rugby.

5 hours ago, gingdong said:

be that group that arnt regulars and only go to big games, ow wait a min

Takes one to know one. 

2 minutes ago, The Lad said:

Where you even at the game?, that’s why it happened you expected to be in the qualifiers and beat us 80-4 last time out so when a team who is lower in the table puts up a fight in a league you don’t want to be in and part of the crowd turned, abusive to the ref us and everything not rovers related. Sad really as fev would have been the last  team I would have suspected.

You have two options take the report at face value and  like others have on here said if it’s true it’s horrible and where embarrassed it happened or pretend it didn’t and carry on believing that a great club like fev is all moral and the fans are gods gift to rugby.

Takes one to know one. 

stop press a rugby crowd gets abusive to the ref.

my advice to you is next time go and tell a steward instead of bleating on a fans forum 3 days later to fans who can do nothing about it. makes you look like another sore loser. 

1 hour ago, The Lad said:

Clearly didn't go to the game, my advice would be to attend games and see for yourself. Picking option number 2? it must be difficult to understand what im saying with your head in the sand. 

Unfortunately there are elements from every club that can at times be unsavoury.. Featherstone have there’s I’m pretty sure Rochdale.s fans aren’t exactly choirboys .. coming on ere and making vailed quotes like you will be playing Salford etc kinda loses credibility with the point your trying to make are you expecting apologies all round and people applauding you for your post .. because I was there with my brother and two other mates and the banter with you lot was both ways .. I’m not saying it didn’t happen but come on ..is this the first time ever at your place ? I’m pretty sure with the amount of times you get beat you will have heard worse .. if this makes you feel any better... sorry.  Xx

Clearly didn't go to the game, my advice would be to attend games and see for yourself. Picking option number 2? it must be difficult to understand what im saying with your head in the sand. 

Weve had brawls from Hull KR fans at home leading to a rediculous high fine for us to pay as an inocent party and bad intimidation at home by Leigh fans but we get on with it.I am sure this is only hand bags at dawn .Just get on with it and stop embarrassing yourself.

2 hours ago, gingdong said:

stop press a rugby crowd gets abusive to the ref.

my advice to you is next time go and tell a steward instead of bleating on a fans forum 3 days later to fans who can do nothing about it. makes you look like another sore loser. 

Or take some ear plugs 

16 hours ago, painkiller said:

Unfortunately there are elements from every club that can at times be unsavoury.. Featherstone have there’s I’m pretty sure Rochdale.s fans aren’t exactly choirboys ..

Never said we where.

coming on ere and making vailed quotes like you will be playing Salford etc kinda loses credibility with the point your trying to make are you expecting apologies all round and people applauding you for your post

no I expected people to blindly defend their club like sheep, however some where big enough to say it was wrong.

because I was there with my brother and two other mates and the banter with you lot was both ways .. I’m not saying it didn’t happen but come on

it was good banter, up until the point that fev started using disgusting language and guessers at the ref and us,  with kids there T****S ###### off is fine I guess?

is this the first time ever at your place ? I’m pretty sure with the amount of times you get beat you will have heard worse .. if this makes you feel any better... sorry.  Xx

quotes like I’m pretty sure with the amount of times you get beat you will have heard worse, loses credibility with the point your trying to make

16 hours ago, Blue Pike said:

Weve had brawls from Hull KR fans at home leading to a rediculous high fine for us to pay as an inocent party and bad intimidation at home by Leigh fans but we get on with it.I am sure this is only hand bags at dawn .Just get on with it and stop embarrassing yourself.

And the sheep come out, the reason you lot where ###### is because you are in a league you didn't want and nearly lost to a team you beat 80-4 last time out and the fans got annoyed, if you got on with vile language going on with kids there thats your life but it shows a total disregard for the credibility of the sport.  But putting blinkers on about your own club will do harm in the long run.

On 8/20/2018 at 7:55 PM, The Lad said:

The Lad - I have seen that behaviour from our fans and there is no excuse however it does go on at almost every club and once again there is no excuse, it isn't the way to promote the game to kids and families.

Never said we where.

no I expected people to blindly defend their club like sheep, however some where big enough to say it was wrong.

Thats because at every club you get morons who dive in feet 1st believing any accusation against there supposed clubs fans saying disgusting. Then you get the normal fans who read your post and see them for what they are

Archived