Sign in to follow this  
Loup

Elstone visits Toronto Wolfpack. The verdict?

Wow has he ever changed his tune...I would even go so far as to say he has been 'tuned in'.  Good news my friends...great news!

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, dealwithit said:

What’s wrong with Manchester Airport I wonder?

The Wolfpack provided the flights through Air Transat, who do not fly into Manchester on Monday mornings. If HKR chose to come back that day, Glasgow was their best choice.

If the WP earn promotion, this inconvenience will go away, as the SL clubs will be free to make whatever flight arrangements they like (and pay for them).

I think it was smart of him to do a dry run with Hull KR to see what is actually going on...his comments about the demographic differences are dead on..also don't people smile at games over there (is it that bad?)?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, yipyee said:

Well he was hardly going to come back off his freebie and say it was rubbish!

Maybe you shouldn't expect others to do  what you'd do yourself in similar circumstances.

6 hours ago, dealwithit said:

What’s wrong with Manchester Airport I wonder?

There's bound to be something to spoil a good news story if we look hard enough. 

Edited by JohnM
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

You simply cannot have teams flying into Glasgow post-match. A good reason for caution after all then. 

Can't fly straight to Hull, they start throwing sticks in the air when they see aeroplanes 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 12

58 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

You simply cannot have teams flying into Glasgow post-match. A good reason for caution after all then. 

Yehp. All negativity justified. Kick 'em out. Burn the beer tents down so they don't have the audacity to try it again.

• Haha 3

hes been out the game in that there football too long... he'll learn... i hear Lenaghan is on his way to his office this morning with a bat and some knuckle dusters.. that'll sort this mess out

• Haha 2

"They were wonderful hosts, proud of their city and their club – who looked after us really well"

Of course they would be, what buisness does not spruce the place up, everyone instructed to smile and give a positive attitude, especially when they are getting a visit from 'A factory inspector'.

Glad it was a good impression, but is Mr Elstone that naive he feels the need to comment on that aspect.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, jim_57 said:

Yehp. All negativity justified. Kick 'em out. Burn the beer tents down so they don't have the audacity to try it again.

Is that what I said? No, I said that there was a right to be cautious. And there is. If there is no flights into Manchester on a Monday as a poster above suggests, this becomes a somewhat of an issue. 

4 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Is that what I said? No, I said that there was a right to be cautious. And there is. If there is no flights into Manchester on a Monday as a poster above suggests, this becomes a somewhat of an issue. 

Why?

2 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Why?

If the alternative is Glasgow. It’s a problem, especially when throughout the season. It’s a good job the Challenge Cup Final is Saturday if you’re involved with Hull KR, as they get some sort of break but if they had a fixture this weekend, you’re significantly reducing their training/rest/recovery time by adding a four and a half hour coach journey to the whole weekend. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

If the alternative is Glasgow. It’s a problem, especially when throughout the season. It’s a good job the Challenge Cup Final is Saturday if you’re involved with Hull KR, as they get some sort of break but if they had a fixture this weekend, you’re significantly reducing their training/rest/recovery time by adding a four and a half hour coach journey to the whole weekend. 

I hadn't realised Hull was so adjacent to Manchester Airport.

• Like 2

If Toronto earn their place in Super League by promotion it will be the biggest boost to Rugby League in this country for many years as this will give us access to the largest sports market in the world. We haven't even scratched the surface as regards the potential sponsorship deals this would bring.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Just Browny said:

I hadn't realised Hull was so adjacent to Manchester Airport.

Manchester Aiport to Hull KR’s Ground = 112 miles (approx two hours).

Glasgow Airport to Hull KR’s Ground = 274 miles (approx four and half hours). 

More than double the journey “home”. 

• Like 1

Glasgow to Humberside Airport by private charter is 35 minutes.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

while i do agree to an extent there are other options.. for example training/recovering in toronto for a day and waiting for the next flight (dont pick holes in this if the next flight isnt till wednesday.. its an example and I am not researching this very hard as I dont see it as a major issue that clubs cannot work around).. paying for your own flights and flying into Manchester.. chartering a plane from glasgow instead of the coach etc etc etc.. 

clubs in different sports in other parts of the world do these sorts of trips and recover to play the next weekend etc all the time I dont see why RL players should be any different.. 

equally.. and radical as this may well be... how about the weekend before the challenge cup final you make sure Toronto play away so that if they are in it they can stay over in the UK to train etc and their fans can have a long week of it in the UK taking in their league game and the cup final (which would seem sensible anyway).. 

i think we make far far too much of the logistical issues (as has been seen on threads about the visas) none of which are beyond a sane human being to solve with a bit of time and effort (which i am not putting in on a whim and speculation)

Edited by RP London
  • Like 8