Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

Fan Q & A with Jackson Hastings

We've lined up our next Quickfire Q & A for Rugby League World and it's with Salford's Jackson Hastings, so if you've got a question you'd like to put to him, now's your chance!

HastingsJackson.jpg

You can post your questions below, or email us at quickfire@totalrl.com

But hurry, hurry, hurry, you've only got till Wednesday morning to get 'em in, or miss out.

The Quickfire Q & A will be published in the next issue of Rugby League World, on sale Friday 31st August.

Your former club seem to be struggling to attract large attendances without you.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/teams/sea-eagles/manlys-fans-turn-their-backs-on-the-team-shute-shield-local-derby-draws-thousands-more-than-sea-eagles-last-home-game/news-story/ef141799a63f24fcfb6589a970926783

Your current club don't,at the moment,fill the stadium.

What are your thoughts on the influence of large crowds bringing out the best in players,or do the real professionals play at the top of their game without big,noisy crowds,anyway?

Do you have any ideas on how attendances can be improved in Britain?

Favourite thing about the UK since being here?

Are you eligible for Scotland given your surname?

Are there any changes you’ve heard which you’ve had to ask a teammate - what’re they saying?

Would you rather visit Jackson, Mississippi or Hastings, Sussex? 

1.Jackson, you arrived in Salford with a certain amount of baggage  and subject to rumours about your reasons for leaving Australia. The fans have instantly taken to you and you have made a huge difference to the team. How does it feel to be wanted ?

2. After your 20 min debut you stood on the touchline with the interchange bench, it appeared you were coaching Josh Jones, were you and does coaching appeal in the future?

• Like 1

Do you have a man crush on Kevin Sinfield or do you just really want to get a contract at Leeds?

When eating bangers and mash do you make a gravy lake in the mash using the potato as a break water to keep the sausage dry, or do you breach the dam and let the gravy interact with the totality of the meal?

• Haha 3

Come on guys, I'm sure Jackson is a very busy professional who has kindly given some of his time up for us. Let's try to  keep to sensible questions that are RL related please?

Jackson, have you any idea how a Salford supporting snow plough driver gets to work?

(You do know what snow is right? :huh:)

From a playing perspective how does the game here compare to the NRL?

Who is the best player you've played against, and/or alongside?

If you could make one change at Salford to improve the club, what would it be?

(sorry for the normal questions!)

Well ,  this is going well . Ok , I’ve one . What’s his opinion of Trent Barrett ? What he’s had to handle at a troubled club behind the scenes , how he’s handled it and if it’s affected him and the teams performances ?

Edited by DavidM

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Come on guys, I'm sure Jackson is a very busy professional who has kindly given some of his time up for us. Let's try to  keep to sensible questions that are RL related please?

Jackson, have you any idea how a Salford supporting snow plough driver gets to work?

(You do know what snow is right? :huh:)

OF, I am so disappointed in you!

You are obviously showing your anti expansion basis by directing that question at an Australian when we have several snowperts on this forum! 😉

Indeed one of our friends from TWP has all ready answered that question on another thread - the snow plough driver finishing,  ploughs to his replacements house who then drops him off home.

If you want to ask a sensible question of an Aussie; why am I not allowed into bars in Queensland in my thong and is it such a regular occurrence that they all have notices on the door saying so?  you might also advise him that thongs in some bars around Salford are considered dressing up!🤔

Ahem, thanks for these...

Next time anyone complains about standards of journalism in Rugby League, I shall refer them to this thread. :biggrin:

• Like 2

Sorry, JD. I just thought I'd throw a daft question in there for a laugh. Seems like everyone else had the same thought.😟

On 8/22/2018 at 1:36 AM, Yakkers said:

When eating bangers and mash do you make a gravy lake in the mash using the potato as a break water to keep the sausage dry, or do you breach the dam and let the gravy interact with the totality of the meal?

I have genuinely just heard the Editor of Rugby League World, Matt Shaw, on the phone to Jackson Hastings asking this very question!

So, if you want to know the definitive answer to this and more, it is now your duty to buy the magazine when it's published on Friday 31st August. :biggrin:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, John Drake said:

I have genuinely just heard the Editor of Rugby League World, Matt Shaw, on the phone to Jackson Hastings asking this very question!

So, if you want to know the definitive answer to this and more, it is now your duty to buy the magazine when it's published on Friday 31st August. :biggrin:

You’ve just massively increased sales 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Brilliant! In light of that, how can I possibly refuse. Looking forward to it :D

• Like 1