Sign in to follow this  
RogerT

Weekend off

With that dross on down South this weekend how are people planning on spending their weekend.

I might make a start on forming next season's Player Stats matrix's, or I might just have a beer or two.

1 minute ago, RogerT said:

With that dross on down South this weekend how are people planning on spending their weekend.

I might make a start on forming next season's Player Stats matrix's, or I might just have a beer or two.

What dross? The challenge cup final that could be one of the best games of 2018 season... Aye I'll be at Wembley watching Catalans hopefully win the cup and see history 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Enjoy yourself, I won't go and won't even watch it, once they seeded the competition that killed all interest in it for me.

• Like 1

Hey Rig, if you're doing the matrix for next year, what do you know about who to put on it!! Who's definite then?

I don't have to yet, I just set it up allowing say 36 places for names, put the formula's in both across and down.

At the moment I have seven names for certain, but won't put them in till there are a lot more, in between times I have started a list of the names. 

RT2.jpg

Edited by RPH
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, RogerT said:

Enjoy yourself, I won't go and won't even watch it, once they seeded the competition that killed all interest in it for me.

Of course Roger, the name Challenge Cup would indicate that in it's original format it was always intended to be seeded, with one team straight through to the final.

Hi there RPH, line up is Redditchbulldog(left) me(centre), Distantdog(right), just behind me is Morleydog, rest I'm not sure about.

Now you know who I am BSJ.

Sorry BSJ can't agree with that, the whole point of the Challenge Cup was every team went into the draw(talking about the professional teams and two amatuers to make up the numbers for even rounds).

Yes quite simplistic in it's method but worked. 

21 minutes ago, RogerT said:

Hi there RPH, line up is Redditchbulldog(left) me(centre), Distantdog(right), just behind me is Morleydog, rest I'm not sure about.

Now you know who I am BSJ.

The hit mans on his way!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

What dross? The challenge cup final that could be one of the best games of 2018 season... Aye I'll be at Wembley watching Catalans hopefully win the cup and see history 

I'll look out for you, KTF.

My son and I will be wearing the other two Batley shirts you'll see down there.

• Like 1

Quite a few doing the pink weekend walk as well, anyone wants to sponsor the Earnshaw clan doing the walk - me, son Tom, daughter Katy and my grandson William (4 year old)

1 hour ago, RogerT said:

I don't have to yet, I just set it up allowing say 36 places for names, put the formula's in both across and down.

At the moment I have seven names for certain, but won't put them in till there are a lot more, in between times I have started a list of the names. 

If you need a hand just give me a shout Roger,you know with players names for next season 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

If you need a hand just give me a shout Roger,you know with players names for next season 😂😂😂

its ok graham lad, we know the dewsbury player were nabbing. he had a decent game too sunday..:whistle:

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, silverback said:

its ok graham lad, we know the dewsbury player were nabbing. he had a decent game too sunday..:whistle:

Hope you haven’t approached him before 1st September☹️anyway if it’s the player I’m thinking about he’s going to either Bulls or Halifax😉

1 hour ago, graham fisher said:

Hope you haven’t approached him before 1st September☹️anyway if it’s the player I’m thinking about he’s going to either Bulls or Halifax😉

to be fair its same year after year with names banded about, i wait until their in training or on pitch ready for action, got to admit some a names am told are nailed on sound very good but will see. all that sept stuff is tosh as back in start a june players knew who were off and who wernt req hence some poor performance i reckon from our lads.  but way they played last 30 sunday makes me think there all sorted more or less for 2019. what will be will be.:scenic:

• Like 2

20 hours ago, RogerT said:

Sorry BSJ can't agree with that, the whole point of the Challenge Cup was every team went into the draw(talking about the professional teams and two amatuers to make up the numbers for even rounds).

I agree with you Roger and wasn't suggesting a change, just being pedantic in my usual manner. The original idea in the dim and distant past , derived from something which had been popular amongst RU clubs, was that the clubs would play off in order to obtain a winner who would then "challenge" the victor from the previous season, hence the name. Thankfully common sense prevailed.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2018 at 7:52 PM, RogerT said:

The first ever round of challenge cup wasn’t like that roger , 12 sides were seeded including Batley , then entered in 2nd round

3F2E3264-25CA-445E-B3D3-8B25EA1DBD1D.png

12 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

The first ever round of challenge cup wasn’t like that roger , 12 sides were seeded including Batley , then entered in 2nd round

3F2E3264-25CA-445E-B3D3-8B25EA1DBD1D.png

Some wonderful old club names there with a few "interesting" histories too.

Great stuff!

Think yourselves lucky that Dewsbury weren't in the competition.

🤗

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Was it 6 points for a try and 1 point for a drop goal? I thought a try was worth 3 in them days but is shows on the St Helens score as 7 one try one drop goal?