Carl Forster

wonky

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, town4me said:

As bad as it sounds if we can snap some of their better players up we could challange the  L1 title next season

So you are assuming we won't be promoted this season then?

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

40 minutes ago, GeordieTownie said:

I think their biggest issue will be that they’ve used next seasons season ticket money so the revenue stream will be lower still.

Can’t be easy to see as a fan but this has been building since last season with all the wins and the crowds not increasing.

To reduce the admission for the Bradford game was proof of their lack of business acumen for me.

Its surprising what difference a 12 month cost cutting exercise can do though but the other option is unthinkable.

Well that will save them about 60 grand with Amanda going and today's news, maybe that is still the short fall from the take over?? 

Still in with a chance of the play offs and on the clubs 70th birthday they make this announcement ?‍♂️

Total lack of business sense and sound judgement. The fans have stumped up cash for next year supported the club to the hilt with such as Haven Fest which had acts that would have cost a lot of money playing for free and still they get absolutely no transparency on financial matters of the club  just the realisation that the carlsberg deal was a false dawn and the blame for not supporting the club in big enough numbers 

makes me appreciate our board even more.

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

Credit to forster. For many seasons he has been the guy we all love to hate. Often the thorn in our side. But he has been magnificent for haven as both player and coach. And what he has done with the resources available has been nothing short of a miracle. I'm convinced he won't be short of offers. 

As for players leaving haven to come to us? Not so sure that will happen. But if I'd could choose I'd have Callum back, Gillam and Taylor.

26 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Credit to forster. For many seasons he has been the guy we all love to hate. Often the thorn in our side. But he has been magnificent for haven as both player and coach. And what he has done with the resources available has been nothing short of a miracle. I'm convinced he won't be short of offers. 

As for players leaving haven to come to us? Not so sure that will happen. But if I'd could choose I'd have Callum back, Gillam and Taylor.

Wouldn’t have Callum back and would much rather go for Dion Aiye personally. Much rather have Sammut than either or both as a job lot.

59 minutes ago, townie88 said:

I don’t get that.

He has a massive budget last season (hence the current problems) and they didn’t go up.

if you take the derby results (fuelled by rivalry rather than ability) out off their points tally for this season they’d be 9th.

So not that great is it and if Forster the player hasn’t been on the field it would’ve been worse.

46 minutes ago, havenhater said:

Would dion and Jessie not cost a latu fifita like visa deal?

Granted those guys would be value for money but would cost a fair whack

My reason for saying I wouldn't have either. Both cost a considerable amount to fly to and from PNG. I'd take Callum as a hooker/back up half only. He isn't a full back. 

25 minutes ago, townie88 said:

My reason for saying I wouldn't have either. Both cost a considerable amount to fly to and from PNG. I'd take Callum as a hooker/back up half only. He isn't a full back. 

Rated third at hooker I would say nowhere near as good as Penky. and doubtful if he’s as good as Newts on this seasons performances . 

10 hours ago, The Voodooguru said:

So you are assuming we won't be promoted this season then?

It looks like we would have to beat Bradford or York away again to do that which is still a big ask

Could be the best thing to happen to rugby league in west Cumbria for a lot of years. I'm a fan of neither Town nor Haven really, just follow Cumbrian results, but if Haven were to disappear it could ultimately benefit the sustainability of town. Sure there'd be stay away fans, but over time, if there's only one semi-pro team to watch, I'm sure the floating rugby league fans would switch.

Just now, millomite said:

Could be the best thing to happen to rugby league in west Cumbria for a lot of years. I'm a fan of neither Town nor Haven really, just follow Cumbrian results, but if Haven were to disappear it could ultimately benefit the sustainability of town. Sure there'd be stay away fans, but over time, if there's only one semi-pro team to watch, I'm sure the floating rugby league fans would switch.

Hey I’m no fan of theirs and we have a good laugh and banter , but one lost heartland conmunity club is one to many . We need to fight to keep all them , we’re all battling against the tide nowadays . They’ve all got to stick together and without all of us there’s no game higher up and many many people are lost to the game and towns that had them lose a bit of their heritage 

I agree with David M above , at the end of the day nobody wants to see a Rugby club struggling .Seeing your rivals struggling in a league position is always good for bragging rights ,but Financially is a different ball game .Its not that long ago that we were close to folding .and how would you feel if that had happened.   I just hope they pull it around , and we have the rivalry with Whitehaven for many years to come .

There's more interest in the amateur game around here than the semi pro game though. Look at the crowds at Kells, Egremont, Brown, etc and cumulatively on any weekend I bet they at least match the semi pro crowds.

3 hours ago, Old standoff said:

Rated third at hooker I would say nowhere near as good as Penky. and doubtful if he’s as good as Newts on this seasons performances . 

Don’t be saying that, I was nearly linched on here for saying Callum wasn’t as good as a hooker as newts when they switched. But that was when the Phillips bro rose tints were still on a few. Callum’s a quality player but I don’t see where he fits in, him and doran too similar. Would rather see tee return out of all the lads that left. I wouldn’t keep mentioning sammut though as the tales of sellafield are nothing more that a rumour, and not true. 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Archived