Sign in to follow this  
wonky

Carl Forster

Recommended Posts

As bad as it sounds if we can snap some of their better players up we could challange the  L1 title next season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, town4me said:

As bad as it sounds if we can snap some of their better players up we could challange the  L1 title next season

So you are assuming we won't be promoted this season then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, GeordieTownie said:

I think their biggest issue will be that they’ve used next seasons season ticket money so the revenue stream will be lower still.

Can’t be easy to see as a fan but this has been building since last season with all the wins and the crowds not increasing.

To reduce the admission for the Bradford game was proof of their lack of business acumen for me.

Its surprising what difference a 12 month cost cutting exercise can do though but the other option is unthinkable.

Well that will save them about 60 grand with Amanda going and today's news, maybe that is still the short fall from the take over?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still in with a chance of the play offs and on the clubs 70th birthday they make this announcement 🤷‍♂️

Total lack of business sense and sound judgement. The fans have stumped up cash for next year supported the club to the hilt with such as Haven Fest which had acts that would have cost a lot of money playing for free and still they get absolutely no transparency on financial matters of the club  just the realisation that the carlsberg deal was a false dawn and the blame for not supporting the club in big enough numbers 

makes me appreciate our board even more.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Credit to forster. For many seasons he has been the guy we all love to hate. Often the thorn in our side. But he has been magnificent for haven as both player and coach. And what he has done with the resources available has been nothing short of a miracle. I'm convinced he won't be short of offers. 

As for players leaving haven to come to us? Not so sure that will happen. But if I'd could choose I'd have Callum back, Gillam and Taylor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Credit to forster. For many seasons he has been the guy we all love to hate. Often the thorn in our side. But he has been magnificent for haven as both player and coach. And what he has done with the resources available has been nothing short of a miracle. I'm convinced he won't be short of offers. 

As for players leaving haven to come to us? Not so sure that will happen. But if I'd could choose I'd have Callum back, Gillam and Taylor.

Wouldn’t have Callum back and would much rather go for Dion Aiye personally. Much rather have Sammut than either or both as a job lot.

Edited by Old standoff
Addition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dion would need a fee wouldnt he with avin a 3 yr deal....i think Ellis Gillam would be a good player to pinch! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Limmertime said:

Dion would need a fee wouldnt he with avin a 3 yr deal....i think Ellis Gillam would be a good player to pinch! 

Not if they wanted him off their wage bill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Credit to forster. For many seasons he has been the guy we all love to hate. Often the thorn in our side. But he has been magnificent for haven as both player and coach. And what he has done with the resources available has been nothing short of a miracle. I'm convinced he won't be short of offers. 

As for players leaving haven to come to us? Not so sure that will happen. But if I'd could choose I'd have Callum back, Gillam and Taylor.

I don’t get that.

He has a massive budget last season (hence the current problems) and they didn’t go up.

if you take the derby results (fuelled by rivalry rather than ability) out off their points tally for this season they’d be 9th.

So not that great is it and if Forster the player hasn’t been on the field it would’ve been worse.

Edited by GeordieTownie
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would dion and Jessie not cost a latu fifita like visa deal?

Granted those guys would be value for money but would cost a fair whack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, havenhater said:

Would dion and Jessie not cost a latu fifita like visa deal?

Granted those guys would be value for money but would cost a fair whack

Prob contributed to their financial situation 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, havenhater said:

Would dion and Jessie not cost a latu fifita like visa deal?

Granted those guys would be value for money but would cost a fair whack

My reason for saying I wouldn't have either. Both cost a considerable amount to fly to and from PNG. I'd take Callum as a hooker/back up half only. He isn't a full back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, townie88 said:

My reason for saying I wouldn't have either. Both cost a considerable amount to fly to and from PNG. I'd take Callum as a hooker/back up half only. He isn't a full back. 

Rated third at hooker I would say nowhere near as good as Penky. and doubtful if he’s as good as Newts on this seasons performances . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Old standoff said:

Rated third at hooker I would say nowhere near as good as Penky. and doubtful if he’s as good as Newts on this seasons performances . 

Wouldn't have him back, end off, everyone says the same thing about him trouble! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gillam without doubt . That was a great coup by them getting him . Didn’t he say ‘ I wanted to join a Cumbrian side ‘

Edited by DavidM
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
10 hours ago, The Voodooguru said:

So you are assuming we won't be promoted this season then?

It looks like we would have to beat Bradford or York away again to do that which is still a big ask

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

A former fan but Callum is yesterday's hooker now, been impressed with newts this year. Good team player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could be the best thing to happen to rugby league in west Cumbria for a lot of years. I'm a fan of neither Town nor Haven really, just follow Cumbrian results, but if Haven were to disappear it could ultimately benefit the sustainability of town. Sure there'd be stay away fans, but over time, if there's only one semi-pro team to watch, I'm sure the floating rugby league fans would switch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, millomite said:

Could be the best thing to happen to rugby league in west Cumbria for a lot of years. I'm a fan of neither Town nor Haven really, just follow Cumbrian results, but if Haven were to disappear it could ultimately benefit the sustainability of town. Sure there'd be stay away fans, but over time, if there's only one semi-pro team to watch, I'm sure the floating rugby league fans would switch.

Hey I’m no fan of theirs and we have a good laugh and banter , but one lost heartland conmunity club is one to many . We need to fight to keep all them , we’re all battling against the tide nowadays . They’ve all got to stick together and without all of us there’s no game higher up and many many people are lost to the game and towns that had them lose a bit of their heritage 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with David M above , at the end of the day nobody wants to see a Rugby club struggling .Seeing your rivals struggling in a league position is always good for bragging rights ,but Financially is a different ball game .Its not that long ago that we were close to folding .and how would you feel if that had happened.   I just hope they pull it around , and we have the rivalry with Whitehaven for many years to come .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's more interest in the amateur game around here than the semi pro game though. Look at the crowds at Kells, Egremont, Brown, etc and cumulatively on any weekend I bet they at least match the semi pro crowds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Old standoff said:

Rated third at hooker I would say nowhere near as good as Penky. and doubtful if he’s as good as Newts on this seasons performances . 

Don’t be saying that, I was nearly linched on here for saying Callum wasn’t as good as a hooker as newts when they switched. But that was when the Phillips bro rose tints were still on a few. Callum’s a quality player but I don’t see where he fits in, him and doran too similar. Would rather see tee return out of all the lads that left. I wouldn’t keep mentioning sammut though as the tales of sellafield are nothing more that a rumour, and not true. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, The Voodooguru said:

So you are assuming we won't be promoted this season then?

"If" we dont get promoted and that was before i saw the 3 teams up thread marra.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we get haven at home in the 1st game could they even afford to win? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


League Express Yearbook 2018/19 - Order Now


Rugby League World - Nov 2018

Rugby League World - Nov 2018



League Express - Online Now

League Express - Every Monday