Sign in to follow this  
jamescolin

Featherstone's Deficit

I have a suggestion. We have a short fall of £200k. Let's say we have 1000 dedicated supporters. We offer the club £200 each to cover the this. In exchange the club sells us (we would have a new organisation with share certificates ) an acre of land without planning permission. We ask for no return but when planning is finally received we could sell our acre for current market price of around £800k. That is £800 each. A good return for our investment. People could of course vary the amount according to their resources. The figures shown are only a guideline. Land increases in value as time goes on and we could not lose out. What do you think? Is it worth putting to the board? I would be quite willing to set the wheels in motion. 

What is the basis for your valuation of the land? Also, doesn't the sale of the land require agreement of shareholders? 

35 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

What is the basis for your valuation of the land? Also, doesn't the sale of the land require agreement of shareholders? 

Value of land varies. I have quoted a reasonable figure on market values of around £900K per acre with planning permission. Without planning this value also varies. The figure I have put is reasonable and is quoted so it is inside the amount people could afford and would also clear the deficit. The technical details would of course have to be looked at but I am trying to assess whether the supporters think this a track to go down and whether we should ask the board to consider it. If it is a no go then that's it.   It would clear two items: the deficit and would be a good longish term investment for people. Only an idea. 

Can you say hand on heart that 1000 of our supporters have £100 sitting waiting to buy Fev shares.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, haskey said:

Can you say hand on heart that 1000 of our supporters have £100 sitting waiting to buy Fev shares.

Probably not, it that may be offset by those who would invest more if they could see a potential return. I'd want to see something a bit more evidence based in terms of the current value of the land and potential scope for future value increases personally before I'd commit anything. In principle, this may actually work, but it would take time to put something viable together. 

I only reintroduced 2010 to show how successful FRISA was with the idea of something similar. With regard to my idea there are of course loose ends to tie up if people would want to try it. At the moment it is just that an idea. It would however work if people decide to give it a try. Obviously the management would have to give their OK and a fair amount of people would have to give their support. Toe in the water, subject to change and other format. But do you think we could do it and we ought to have a word with the powers that be about it? If they or sufficient number of people are not interested then it goes no further. 

15 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

I only reintroduced 2010 to show how successful FRISA was with the idea of something similar. With regard to my idea there are of course loose ends to tie up if people would want to try it. At the moment it is just that an idea. It would however work if people decide to give it a try. Obviously the management would have to give their OK and a fair amount of people would have to give their support. Toe in the water, subject to change and other format. But do you think we could do it and we ought to have a word with the powers that be about it? If they or sufficient number of people are not interested then it goes no further. 

If you want to test viability, you need to speak to the club. Running it past half a dozen people on here isn't going to tell you much. 

• Like 1

The land was talked about last night but can't remember what was said, too much to remember it all lol. 

7 minutes ago, MADREDNIGE said:

The land was talked about last night but can't remember what was said, too much to remember it all lol. 

Colm Corran looking into developing ways to use for income, more details at AGM.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jamescolin said:

I have a suggestion. We have a short fall of £200k. Let's say we have 1000 dedicated supporters. We offer the club £200 each to cover the this. In exchange the club sells us (we would have a new organisation with share certificates ) an acre of land without planning permission. We ask for no return but when planning is finally received we could sell our acre for current market price of around £800k. That is £800 each. A good return for our investment. People could of course vary the amount according to their resources. The figures shown are only a guideline. Land increases in value as time goes on and we could not lose out. What do you think? Is it worth putting to the board? I would be quite willing to set the wheels in motion. 

It would be crazy for a company. Any company let alone a sports club to offer there fans land for money .. look the truth is the squad we had would probably have soaked up the money we would have made from the qualifiers  a lot of contracts were coming to an end anyway players will leave but that creates opportunities  trust me next year we will have a fibrant exciting group of players looking to compete again we are not skint and I can assure you there will be loads of blokes at other clubs wanting to come here so let’s plz just support the club in numbers and go again .. the smell of despair on some social media platforms is rank we are ok and we will come again 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gazza77 said:

If you want to test viability, you need to speak to the club. Running it past half a dozen people on here isn't going to tell you much. 

I was trying to see what support there was for the idea before approaching management. Obviously not much in favour so forget it. 

58 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

I was trying to see what support there was for the idea before approaching management. Obviously not much in favour so forget it. 

Tbh Colin your heart is in the right place and maybe this would be a step in the right direction and lets all ignore the negativeity on here.I am in a good situation of having £100 in my back pocket that is meaningless to me but as any Yorkshire man wants something in return.Its up to the Club to offer something of interest to make me part with My hard earned.

BP we would get the same result if 1000 people put £20 a month into the fund over ten months. That would take us to June 2019 it would be of great benefit to the club with half a season left to go. There are varieties on the proposal and I feel it would help the club and the investors. All that is involved is an acre of land that has been lying dormant for goodness know how long. The Rovers would still have 17 acres left and we could work our investment to our advantage at the best time for us. We could of course go for half an acre that would still double our money on fruition. As I said quite a few ways of going about it.  If enough people were willing the management could be approached. Thanks for your encouragement. Nothing in it for me except a lot of hard work.  I would gather he names before any payment and keep a record of donations and look to standing order or cash deposits. It could work if the boss says yes.

BP After your comments I have sent a note to the management to see what their reaction is. One way or another at least I have tried.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jamescolin said:

BP After your comments I have sent a note to the management to see what their reaction is. One way or another at least I have tried.

Good stuff 

No one can say James Colin dosn't try his hardest to come up with solutions which may help the Club.

Edited by sentoffagain2
missed first name out
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

No one can say James Colin dosn't try his hardest to come up with solutions which may help the Club.

Correct whether we argue or disagree with each others posts like most do with me ,we all have the Clubs interests at heart and want it to prosper and be a success.I think we are all on a downer at the moment with the current situation the Club are in ,I know I am but it looks like at this stage we are looking at fielding a competitive Team for next year and we are not going to die.UTR

From what I can see it will probably be a younger side, that's not meant as a sleight on those players leaving the club. Plus if we can have a reserve side the production of our own players is a massive step forward.

You will be pleased to know I have raised £500 for the Foundation. Help at the grass roots is always good. The money had to go to a non profit association hence the Foundation receiving it. Hope the Supporters effort comes off. There is always teething troubles with new ideas but I think they will be sorted. 

• Like 7

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 7:17 AM, Blue Pike said:

Good stuff 

Never got a reply. Will continue down my own path. Cheers

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 5:43 PM, jamescolin said:

You will be pleased to know I have raised £500 for the Foundation. Help at the grass roots is always good. The money had to go to a non profit association hence the Foundation receiving it. Hope the Supporters effort comes off. There is always teething troubles with new ideas but I think they will be sorted. 

Thanks for your friendly signs.