Just love these tries!

4 hours ago, Graham said:

No, the plural of try is tries.

Even if it weren’t, though it is, there wouldn’t be an apostrophe which is used for either a contraction or ‘belonging to’

Yep, the apostrophe is a clear no. I am still of the opinion it is not tries, rather trys. 

Debate on the general forum is underway ? 

Should it be French Frys too?

Re: that try. It's a good thing, wingers don't have to worry about the corner flags anymore.

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

Currently playing: Gorbachev: The Fall of Communism & Swing States 2012

Still not convinced on Tries ? 

However, yes, the athleticism is unreal, but the real question behind all these trys is why the old corner flag rule stopped players from athletically jumping for the corner avoiding both touch lines and the corner post?

46 minutes ago, Graham said:

Reimis Smith managed that with this second of his two tries against Dragons today.

I have a still of that not the video:

73F806D1-A2DC-4778-B387-BDCDE1EE176D.thumb.jpeg.223517b2423d0cbecaf7343ecde2530d.jpeg

See what I mean. That is a try even in the old world where touching the corner Post was out.

• 1 year later...

Archived