Sheffield away.

graham fisher

3 hours ago, NickD said:

Worrincy back is squad. Knowles and Sykes in there too. If we can’t win with this team ?

Well, we did win it with this team. Brilliant. Well done lads and really pleased for Brad Delaney...

Well I enjoyed the tram ride to the ground - and even more so back! Once again we showed heart where it mattered and despite the odd lapse (Speakman missing touch for one which resulted in a try) and some brittle defence we made up for it with some good stuff (Iggy’s try was Bosc- like in its execution). Well done lads!

10 hours ago, coolie said:

Can't see nothing but a defeat, never a happy hunting ground for us, fingers crossed Sheffield will be weakened by saints playing tonight too, and our focus will be on barrow next week as one win will see us home and over the line on another difficult season. With the threat of 3 up this season and one down the championship will be the hardest ever and just think if Toronto don't go up the thought of a division containing

Dewsbury 

Batley

Halifax

Leigh

London 

Toulouse

Toronto 

Sheffield 

Swinton/Rochdale

Bradford 

York

Workington 

Barrow

Featherstone 

That's scary stuff and only a matter of time before the spectre of relegation comes knocking once more unless we don't pull our socks up. 

Sheffield 34 Dewsbury 18

Match summary 

Spirited performance my the Ram's but Sheffield notched up another gear to steal the game away in the last 20 minutes. 

Att 325

Man of the match Cory Aston.. Again ;)

Fev won't finish bottom Coolie???????

Coolie's final 20 minutes' prediction looked to be taking shape. They got us a bit rattled, we looked tired and had consecutive drops-out,  a try conceded, just two points in our favour and I had an idea we might then collapse. Against Batley, we had done so by that time, but in this game we rallied with Delaney scooting through to score and then Ward going low to touch down. No missed conversions by Sykes this time either. They scored at the very end, making the score look a bit tight.

I think both teams played the game at an unnecessary frenetic pace, seemingly trying to score on every attack, when a little more composure may have worked better. Needless to say, we had a fair number of knocks-on.

Speakman's one error didn't alter my thinking that he was our MoM; silly me was thinking he was aiming for a long kick and a chase, rather than fining touch! Also, Brad Delaney acquitted himself with a fine game.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

On 8/31/2018 at 10:54 PM, graham fisher said:

Over to you BSJ?

Does that include Wakefield or does it actually have to be in Sheffield?

If the former then it was August last year, or had everyone forgotten?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I was always confident. We weren't perfect by any means but the absence of the usual array of loanees and DR's in their team showed up their limitations. No doubt they will be bolstered next season by a number of Batley players moving on to better things.

I am struggling to remember when, if ever, I have seen a Dewsbury prop forward chip the ball over the defence and follow up to touch down. Not only that it wasn't scruffy but quite elegant in execution: well done Danny.

Now a win against Barrow would really be a nicely complementary result, preferably in front of a good crowd.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

6 hours ago, Phil Loxton said:

You've got to stop hiding your feelings for Fev. ??????? By the way that scoreline could be a reality Coolie?

Gonna be hard for you next season, widnes down, possible trips to London, toulouse, Leigh, Bradford, York, and a real money spinner with 2 trips to Cumbria.... 

And we'll be fighting for 8th...again

Aim for low expectations.. Then your never disappointed :)

It's all about being a Ram's fan :)

5 hours ago, andyram said:

As i didn't go to last night's game, sounds like Brad Daleney took his chance well, maybe we have found our new number 7 for the future.

Does anyone think he has the qualities for the Championship, week in  week out?

Brad had a good game as did Paul Sykes in the halves. Brad looks to have beefed up a bit I’d certainly give him a go next year.

2 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Brad had a good game as did Paul Sykes in the halves. Brad looks to have beefed up a bit I’d certainly give him a go next year.

Always good to see local lads given the chance with the club, will always show the passion that is required.

Saw the Thornhill Trojans game today, one or two players there could do a job for us, given the chance.

Ey till you are bouncing along at the bottom of the table... next season is going to be a massive one for the HW. Just imagine the Dews are relegated next season and the RFL change the structure.. you could be set adrift for decades...

Really cheered me up this post ?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

1 hour ago, Piggy's mate said:

Ey till you are bouncing along at the bottom of the table... next season is going to be a massive one for the HW. Just imagine the Dews are relegated next season and the RFL change the structure.. you could be set adrift for decades...

Really cheered me up this post ?

I'm still waiting for the English version.

On 8/31/2018 at 9:57 PM, Phil Loxton said:

Fev won't finish bottom Coolie???????

Credit where due Phil loxton

Your lads did well this afternoon against Leigh with 14 players 

Brilliant result against a skint leigh

And where on earth did the £500,000 go. 

Archived