Blue Pike

Duffy wants Leigh job?

On Loverugbyleague . Com it says Duffy has notified Leigh about being interested in the Leigh coaching job due to Fev cost cutting???

FFS

Can we just go a week without rumoured or actual turmoil at Fev?

And if Duffy has sounded Leigh out, he either knows MC is going to get shut, or he's a fool. They'll be lucky to have £20 to spend on a squad next year.

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/off-the-record-rugby-league-rumours-and-gossip-127/

Is this usually on the money or rubbish?  I've never read it before

Strange one though cos this weekend against Leigh will determine where the final will be and you'd think Campbell will want it at home to try and make as much cash as possible.

If Duffy is after another job now........what is he concentrating on?    

Well I hope for Duffy's sake that the Leigh Chairman hasn't been watching some of the one-man rugby we've been playing this year. 

• Like 1

You can't take a lad from't wrong side of pennies and think it will end well. Did he flatly refuse a flat cap btw

20 minutes ago, 9' oller said:

You can't take a lad from't wrong side of pennies and think it will end well. Did he flatly refuse a flat cap btw

Yes AND  a Whippet! 

Edited by MADREDNIGE
  • Like 1

If its true and we don't know if that's the case then I would be surprised if Mark Campbell would let him stay a minute longer. Let's remember though we were just one win away from finishing second with horrendous injuries to key players so Duffy didn't do all that bad.

3 hours ago, Cardypaul said:

Maybe just trying to cause upset in the camp before Sunday 

This me thinks, as it's a case of out the frying pan into the fire lol 

48 minutes ago, Phil Loxton said:

Let's remember though we were just one win away from finishing second with horrendous injuries to key players so Duffy didn't do all that bad.

...neither did Sharpy to be fair and you’d say with probably not at much ‘talent’...

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

This me thinks, as it's a case of out the frying pan into the fire lol 

out of the frying pan into the inferno

• Haha 1

If it was a no no then he would have denied by now. Who is favourite for the job if he does go? Is Hardman in the pipeline for some sort of position? Not senior coach but certainly an assistant. Would be good to hear positive news for a change. I mean are we signing two Batley players and two PNG's?

It does seem that the fans forum was an exercise in pulling the wool over our eyes.

• Like 2

Well this forum is not the right place to answer the speculation . But a quick denial on the club website would put all this to rest . And if he is going why are we signing players the new coach may not want . Come on featherstone quick denial so we can move on,

Never a dull moment at Fev at the moment,heard some more speculation yesterday from a recently retired ex Fev player but I’ll leave it for another day as you’ve enough to chew on at present😉

If Duffy goes it doesn’t matter does it, there’s enough coaches on social media ready to step up and take his place 😛😛😛

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Could not put it better myself Maureen

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Reddwarf said:

Well this forum is not the right place to answer the speculation . But a quick denial on the club website would put all this to rest . And if he is going why are we signing players the new coach may not want . Come on featherstone quick denial so we can move on,

Jeez, if the club had to confirm or deny every rumour flying about on social media then naff all else would get done!

• Like 5

He has had everything he has asked for Longo and Cambell have given him every tool in the box coaching staff marquee players the lot .. he didn’t inherit a poor side we were already in the four .. everything was in place for us to kick on you would have thought.. I accept injuries have hurt us but not everyone has the rhinos as back up .. with the resources he has had we should have done better if and it’s if he wants out let him go.   We will manage !

• Like 2