Duffy wants Leigh job?

Blue Pike

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a Leigh fan, I would prefer Purtill, given what he's achieved since those first six/seven games, and so far since he lost a big part of his first team squad. I can understand Duffy, wanting a job on the 'right' side of the Pennines, but I would have thought he would have to prove himself first, where he is?

To be fair as I understand it Duffy is contracted at Fev next season so even if he wanted to go to Leigh and indeed Leigh wanted him Fev would either have to agree to release him or Leigh would need to offer compensation.

As I see it it’s a story put about by a website it may be true it may be a pile of ? he is denying it and I certainly don’t think Leigh are in a position to pay anyone compensation so I think really it’s time to move on.

4 hours ago, AlanE said:

As a Leigh fan, I would prefer Purtill, given what he's achieved since those first six/seven games, and so far since he lost a big part of his first team squad. I can understand Duffy, wanting a job on the 'right' side of the Pennines, but I would have thought he would have to prove himself first, where he is?

Agree with this Purtill as proved himself capable of working under duress 

duffy has not , of course he would deny any wrongdoing he is hardly going to say ye I would love the job 

whatever the situation he needs to be professional and knuckle down and get on with preparing us and take no hide to other clubs issues 

20 hours ago, Cardypaul said:

To be fair as I understand it Duffy is contracted at Fev next season so even if he wanted to go to Leigh and indeed Leigh wanted him Fev would either have to agree to release him or Leigh would need to offer compensation.

As I see it it’s a story put about by a website it may be true it may be a pile of ? he is denying it and I certainly don’t think Leigh are in a position to pay anyone compensation so I think really it’s time to move on.

Unless he's been asked to take a pay cut, in which case the contract would become nul and void.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

5 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Unless he's been asked to take a pay cut, in which case the contract would become nul and void.

Not sure it would become null and void unless he agrees to make it so, which would almost certainly involve him being compensated  for early termination - see Gareth Hock, Tom Holmes from this year alone.....

13 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Not sure it would become null and void unless he agrees to make it so, which would almost certainly involve him being compensated  for early termination - see Gareth Hock, Tom Holmes from this year alone.....

I am suggesting that if he has been asked to take a pay cut then any enforcement of the T&C's of his contract would be very shaky to say the least.. It is all moot at present, in any case.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• 1 month later...

I don't think we have heard anything further about Duffy's contract since his interview in the YEP before the Leigh game where he revealed his existing contract hinged on a top 4 spot. Difficult one, the club can't be expected to respond to every rumour that pops up on the internet and Duffy did rubbish it himself, but would be nice to nip it in the bud with confirmation that Duffy's contract stands.He was quoted as saying he was looking forward to working with Delaney when that signing was announced.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/featherstone-rovers-boss-duffy-determined-to-sign-off-season-on-a-high-1-9383753

Duffy signed a contract extension, to the end of 2020, in April, but revealed that hinged on Rovers securing a top-four spot. “I’m waiting for the club to speak to me at the moment,” he said.

“Hopefully it will come after this last game and we can get something sorted out. I’d like to stay, I have loved every minute of it.”

14 hours ago, Blue Pike said:

I think Fev and Halifax will finish side by side in the League Table,hopefully in the top 5 But it is more harder than last year due to more better sides included.

Plus Barrow and Sheffield adding decent players, at least it won't be a table of 2 half's.

Duffy's orate where he is

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Its going to be a very good league next season just a shame London went up instead of Toronto.

Nah..... I enjoyed seeing them being taken back a peg or two....after the proclamations of world dominance we've read from some of their fans

There's some darlins on the rugby league banter page. One called Lee Martin.....who's been aggressively championing the twp cause..... he's been vile at times.

sent me a message at 4 in the morning instructing me to accept Jesus in to my life before i die....then blocked me!!!??

Archived