Blue Pike

Duffy wants Leigh job?

5 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

Why would he want to go, doesn't he know we have 18 acres of land?

You utter 2@..... ive just spilled half a glass of red down my shirt now......

😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

Why would he want to go, doesn't he know we have 18 acres of land?

I am still rolling about laughing 😂😂

Duffy on RoversTV, asked if he'd got the moving van ready to take him to Leigh:
"yeah, that was a shock yesterday, bit out of order as well obviously. I'm friends with Kieron (Purtill) and went to school with Kieron as well, so it was a bit disappointing to read the rumour mill yesterday, which was a load of rubbish."

Edited by The Phantom Horseman

As a Leigh fan, I would prefer Purtill, given what he's achieved since those first six/seven games, and so far since he lost a big part of his first team squad. I can understand Duffy, wanting a job on the 'right' side of the Pennines, but I would have thought he would have to prove himself first, where he is?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To be fair as I understand it Duffy is contracted at Fev next season so even if he wanted to go to Leigh and indeed Leigh wanted him Fev would either have to agree to release him or Leigh would need to offer compensation.

As I see it it’s a story put about by a website it may be true it may be a pile of 💩 he is denying it and I certainly don’t think Leigh are in a position to pay anyone compensation so I think really it’s time to move on.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AlanE said:

As a Leigh fan, I would prefer Purtill, given what he's achieved since those first six/seven games, and so far since he lost a big part of his first team squad. I can understand Duffy, wanting a job on the 'right' side of the Pennines, but I would have thought he would have to prove himself first, where he is?

Agree with this Purtill as proved himself capable of working under duress 

duffy has not , of course he would deny any wrongdoing he is hardly going to say ye I would love the job 

whatever the situation he needs to be professional and knuckle down and get on with preparing us and take no hide to other clubs issues 

20 hours ago, Cardypaul said:

To be fair as I understand it Duffy is contracted at Fev next season so even if he wanted to go to Leigh and indeed Leigh wanted him Fev would either have to agree to release him or Leigh would need to offer compensation.

As I see it it’s a story put about by a website it may be true it may be a pile of 💩 he is denying it and I certainly don’t think Leigh are in a position to pay anyone compensation so I think really it’s time to move on.

Unless he's been asked to take a pay cut, in which case the contract would become nul and void.

5 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Unless he's been asked to take a pay cut, in which case the contract would become nul and void.

Good point.

5 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Not sure it would become null and void unless he agrees to make it so, which would almost certainly involve him being compensated  for early termination - see Gareth Hock, Tom Holmes from this year alone.....

13 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Not sure it would become null and void unless he agrees to make it so, which would almost certainly involve him being compensated  for early termination - see Gareth Hock, Tom Holmes from this year alone.....

I am suggesting that if he has been asked to take a pay cut then any enforcement of the T&C's of his contract would be very shaky to say the least.. It is all moot at present, in any case.