Martyn Sadler

Date change for England's match against New Zealand in Liverpool

That’s pretty shocking. 😡😡😡😡

What’s the reason Martyn?

Edited by GeordieSaint

Just now, GeordieSaint said:

Everton are at home on the Saturday and there are traffic management issues.

I notice another thread on here entitled: 'Why are we so amateurish?'

The OP of that thread must have had ESP.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

2 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

Jesus Christ.

Why is he going ?

• Haha 2

Just now, DavidM said:

Why is he going ?

He was, he can't now.

Busy on a Sunday...

Edited by scotchy1
  • Like 4
  • Haha 17

2 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

He was, he can't now.

Busy on a Sunday...

He's got 12 disciples, so he's probably playing RL on the 4th.

You don't need substitutes when your captain can cure ACL tears with a simple laying on of hands.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

He was, he can't now.

Busy on a Sunday...

Good point !  

6 minutes ago, Martyn Sadler said:

Everton are at home on the Saturday and there are traffic management issues.

I notice another thread on here entitled: 'Why are we so amateurish?'

The OP of that thread must have had ESP.

They might have been on Twitter as well. The RFL might (note: might) have updated but the initial link they put out went to page dated January 1, 1970 that had no further information on it.

Dear me , Everton’s fixtures have been out for ages . We do often struggle to organise , market and just get things right ! This will affect a lot of people you’d reckon 

• Like 1

I've just tweeted about this and the first response was from someone saying he's glad he hadn't bought tickets for the game.

Also bearing in mind the late selling of cheap tickets for the Challenge Cup, I think the RFL is going to find it harder and harder to sell advance tickets for anything.

The thought occurs to me that surely the RFL would have checked whether there was any likelihood of Everton also being at home on the Saturday, given how close the two stadiums are.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Damien said:

Words fail me now when it comes to the RFL. Utterly incompetent and useless.

I'm trying to think of a silver lining - I suppose there might be some now able to attend the match...anyone?

Just now, Manxmanc said:

I'm trying to think of a silver lining - I suppose there might be some now able to attend the match...anyone?

For me personally I would always prefer a Saturday match and can make a real weekend of it. Sunday means its unlikely that I will be able to go. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Martyn Sadler said:

I've just tweeted about this and the first response was from someone saying he's glad he hadn't bought tickets for the game.

Also bearing in mind the late selling of cheap tickets for the Challenge Cup, I think the RFL is going to find it harder and harder to sell advance tickets for anything.

The thought occurs to me that surely the RFL would have checked whether there was any likelihood of Everton also being at home on the Saturday, given how close the two stadiums are.

I thought that generally if Liverpool are away from home (which I assume is the case given this game at Anfield), then Everton are at home and vice versa. Which means that barring the Everton game being televised that week, it was pretty much certain that any RL game at Anfield on a Saturday would clash with an Everton game.

Very poor, and another example of how the sport is being let down by it's administrators.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Martyn Sadler said:

Yep. The RFL has, on more than one occasion, switched dates at short notice and offered last minute discounts for big games. 

Given none of these events sell out quickly, there is simply no incentive to buy early. 

19 minutes ago, Damien said:

For me personally I would always prefer a Saturday match and can make a real weekend of it. Sunday means its unlikely that I will be able to go. 

This applies to me too, working away from home a lot means Saturday is always a better day and given the distance to Hull and that the Leeds game is on a Sunday meant  that this was the best game for me, I'd even started drumming up support at the challenge cup final last weekend

50 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

Jesus Christ.

My exact sentiments when I saw this!

The old guard need getting shut of ASAP.

It’s ironic we desperately want people to attend big games then sometimes make it as awkward or frustrating as possible to do so , and leave a bad taste in people’s mouths as to doing it again for various reasons . 

47 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

He's got 12 disciples, so he's probably playing RL on the 4th.

You don't need substitutes when your captain can cure ACL tears with a simple laying on of hands.

Well I am heartened to see the old RE knowledge has not completely disappeared so maybe more RL incompetence can lead to a religious revival!

This is actually the second time it has been changed. At the end of last year it was announced as Saturday 2.30pm, then the kick off was moved to 5.30pm (June) and now to the following day at 2.30pm. That is as amateur as you can get.

Does Rimmer ever come out of hiding for anything? Catalans win, structure change, test match mess?

Ace. The one of the three I could go to, now can't.

Sod it, I'll find some other sport to spend my cash on.

• Like 2

I'll cancel my hotel then. I was going to go on the way back from Scotland v Wales and my in-laws can't look after my daughters on Sunday. :(