Date change for England's match against New Zealand in Liverpool

Just now, GeordieSaint said:

That’s pretty shocking. ????

What’s the reason Martyn?

Everton are at home on the Saturday and there are traffic management issues.

I notice another thread on here entitled: 'Why are we so amateurish?'

The OP of that thread must have had ESP.

2 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

He was, he can't now.

Busy on a Sunday...

He's got 12 disciples, so he's probably playing RL on the 4th.

You don't need substitutes when your captain can cure ACL tears with a simple laying on of hands.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 minutes ago, Martyn Sadler said:

Everton are at home on the Saturday and there are traffic management issues.

I notice another thread on here entitled: 'Why are we so amateurish?'

The OP of that thread must have had ESP.

They might have been on Twitter as well. The RFL might (note: might) have updated but the initial link they put out went to page dated January 1, 1970 that had no further information on it.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I've just tweeted about this and the first response was from someone saying he's glad he hadn't bought tickets for the game.

Also bearing in mind the late selling of cheap tickets for the Challenge Cup, I think the RFL is going to find it harder and harder to sell advance tickets for anything.

The thought occurs to me that surely the RFL would have checked whether there was any likelihood of Everton also being at home on the Saturday, given how close the two stadiums are.

Just now, Manxmanc said:

I'm trying to think of a silver lining - I suppose there might be some now able to attend the match...anyone?

For me personally I would always prefer a Saturday match and can make a real weekend of it. Sunday means its unlikely that I will be able to go. 

20 minutes ago, Martyn Sadler said:

I've just tweeted about this and the first response was from someone saying he's glad he hadn't bought tickets for the game.

Also bearing in mind the late selling of cheap tickets for the Challenge Cup, I think the RFL is going to find it harder and harder to sell advance tickets for anything.

The thought occurs to me that surely the RFL would have checked whether there was any likelihood of Everton also being at home on the Saturday, given how close the two stadiums are.

I thought that generally if Liverpool are away from home (which I assume is the case given this game at Anfield), then Everton are at home and vice versa. Which means that barring the Everton game being televised that week, it was pretty much certain that any RL game at Anfield on a Saturday would clash with an Everton game.

Very poor, and another example of how the sport is being let down by it's administrators.

28 minutes ago, Martyn Sadler said:

Yep. The RFL has, on more than one occasion, switched dates at short notice and offered last minute discounts for big games. 

Given none of these events sell out quickly, there is simply no incentive to buy early. 

19 minutes ago, Damien said:

For me personally I would always prefer a Saturday match and can make a real weekend of it. Sunday means its unlikely that I will be able to go. 

This applies to me too, working away from home a lot means Saturday is always a better day and given the distance to Hull and that the Leeds game is on a Sunday meant  that this was the best game for me, I'd even started drumming up support at the challenge cup final last weekend

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

It’s ironic we desperately want people to attend big games then sometimes make it as awkward or frustrating as possible to do so , and leave a bad taste in people’s mouths as to doing it again for various reasons . 

47 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

He's got 12 disciples, so he's probably playing RL on the 4th.

You don't need substitutes when your captain can cure ACL tears with a simple laying on of hands.

Well I am heartened to see the old RE knowledge has not completely disappeared so maybe more RL incompetence can lead to a religious revival!

This is actually the second time it has been changed. At the end of last year it was announced as Saturday 2.30pm, then the kick off was moved to 5.30pm (June) and now to the following day at 2.30pm. That is as amateur as you can get.

Does Rimmer ever come out of hiding for anything? Catalans win, structure change, test match mess?

That is a shocker and if true a disgrace.

We are a group of 8 coming over from Germany for the game and a party.We are all Germans and 7 out of us are new to the game. We already bought tickets, booked hotel, and flights. Even the RFL can't do business like that.

Has this been confirmed officially?

6 minutes ago, lanzer98 said:

That is a shocker and if true a disgrace.

We are a group of 8 coming over from Germany for the game and a party.We are all Germans and 7 out of us are new to the game. We already bought tickets, booked hotel, and flights. Even the RFL can't do business like that.

Has this been confirmed officially?

Really sorry to say that it has been - on the official RFL page now.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

The RFL! What a bunch of absolute morons. My youngest son is a Liverpool fan (and RL), and i was taking him up to the game. Everything booked and paid for: travel, tickets and accommodation. Weekend absolutely ruined. Difficult to change things as I'm flying to Poland on the Monday. 

Absolutely fuming. 

Archived