Sign in to follow this  
Broncos News

Dixon and Battye to stay in London.

The London Broncos are delighted to announce the re-signing of two of their stand out players from this the 2018 season.

Kieran Dixon, who recently celebrated his 100th game for London, has signed a new two year contract while Eddie Battye, Man of the Match in the win over Widnes Vikings, has signed a one year deal.

The contract extensions will see Dixon going into his third season back in London since moving from Hull KR and Battye going into his fourth since signing back in 2015.

Head Coach Danny Ward said, “We are really pleased that Eddie has signed a contract extension for the 2019 season. He has worked hard on improving his game and been one of our standout forwards of the campaign so far. He’s a good bloke and a popular member of the squad.”

“Dicko is a London lad, a product of our Academy and it is great to see him commit to the Broncos for two more years.  He has been in good form this year and come up with some big plays for the team. He’s always full of energy and great to have around the place.”

“We have had a pretty good season so far on the field and we are committed to keep moving forward as a club and get better.  We are already building for 2019 and the signing of these two blokes is a big step in the right direction.”

Chairman David Hughes told us, ” We are delighted to have secured the signatures of both Kieran and Eddie. They have both really stepped up this season and brought something new to the team. Eddie has been so consistent throughout as his Man of the Match at Widnes showed and with Kieran we have seen that his pace is and will always be a potent weapon for the side. I look forward to seeing them both continue their careers here and show what great players they are.”

Dixon told us, “I am very happy to have been given the chance to continue representing this club again. I hope that I can carry on the form from this year and last and push on into 2019. I would like to thank Rob Powell who gave me my first opportunity here at London Broncos and to Danny Ward for continuing to believe in my ability.”

Battye said, “I am really happy to be staying here at London for one more year. I am enjoying my rugby more than ever at the moment and hope that I can carry that form into the rest of the season and beyond. It’s great to be part of something that is this exciting at the moment and I would like to thank Danny Ward for having the belief in me and I hope I can repay his confidence.”

View the full article