Oldham at home

Fenton Knight

The bear has been 'chilling' this weekend but is now up and says York by 14, attendance 1650.

Connor Robinson to edge closer to Danny Brough's record, Ben Cockayne to cap a perfect week with a MOTM performance and free scoring 'Batchelorsaurus' to get on the scoresheet yet again!

image.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AB Knight said:

The bear has been 'chilling' this weekend but is now up and says York by 14, attendance 1650.

Connor Robinson to edge closer to Danny Brough's record, Ben Cockayne to cap a perfect week with a MOTM performance and free scoring 'Batchelorsaurus' to get on the scoresheet yet again!

image.jpg

He does look very chilled! Knights by 18. Crowd 1875.

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

Family Day at York Races today plus a very worthwhile fund raising event at the Acorn club with a Masters game between former players which kicks off at 1.30.pm. today. That sort of thing will probably knock some off the gate at Bootham Crescent. We'll still be there early to try and  get our usual seat though!!!

2 minutes ago, WRknight said:

Watching the game on our league app from Cyprus, I have to say we were very, very lucky. Our options in attack were very poor in the second half, just lucky they wasted so much possession. Anyway a wins a win.

I've been watching in Cyprus as well. Not too impressed with ref., but hey who cares, look at the league results and the table. We are top of the league!!

24 minutes ago, WRknight said:

Watching the game on our league app from Cyprus, I have to say we were very, very lucky. Our options in attack were very poor in the second half, just lucky they wasted so much possession. Anyway a wins a win.

Ben Cockayne seemed to injure his shoulder early in the first half and was peripheral at best for the rest of the game. Oldham had a game plan that nearly worked, however another massive defensive effort saw us over the line. One down, two to go 

That was draining watching that, but all that will be remembered in years to come is York won. 

Regarding the decision right at the end, I'll have to watch that again. From what I saw, Oldham put the kick up, the York player (Oakes?) initially caught it, an Oldham player then seemed to take Connor's head off and my focus was on watching that, next thing I see Oldham have the ball before the ref stopped play. Like I say, would have to watch it again but it's either a York knock on or a penalty against Oldham. Not sure where he got turnover from.

2 more cup finals to go, get yourself booked on the Hemel coach, sets off 9am Sunday morning, it's £25 and I believe it's just £9 to get in at Hemel. 

I hardly dared voice my concerns pre match so didn't bother. As soon as I saw that Worky conceded fifty yesterday I feared that both they and us must be two tired sides after last weeks epic encounter. And so it seemed today as I thought the Knights looked jaded in the second half and Oldham sensed we were there for the taking. Once again our defence saw us through.

My man of the match was Brad Hey who caused Oldham plenty of problems down that left flank and he was still running strongly late on. 

I am sure Joe Batchellor will admit he had a shocker , lost count of the times he lost the ball in contact. to say we were tired after last week is taking credit away from Oldham who I am sure teams will not want to meet in the playoffs after todays effort.

55 minutes ago, Stirlin said:

I am sure Joe Batchellor will admit he had a shocker , lost count of the times he lost the ball in contact. to say we were tired after last week is taking credit away from Oldham who I am sure teams will not want to meet in the playoffs after todays effort.

We didn't do to bad did we?

Dear Moorside  Oldham made quite a few mistakes today which proved costly. I was convinced the referee did all in his power to get you on the score sheet, which he ultimately did. In the end it proved to be a very exciting game, played in the right spirit and a credit to the greatest game in the world. Good luck to you in the play offs. 

21 minutes ago, David said:

Dear Moorside  Oldham made quite a few mistakes today which proved costly. I was convinced the referee did all in his power to get you on the score sheet, which he ultimately did. In the end it proved to be a very exciting game, played in the right spirit and a credit to the greatest game in the world. Good luck to you in the play offs. 

You are kidding? The ref certainly did us no favours,he would have let the obstruction try stand if he was doing everything in his power so we could score and let's not mention the ridiculous decision at the end ,although of course there were no guarantees we would score from the extra set we were robbed of,it would have been nice to have had a chance. Cest la vie .

We definitely made some crucial errors at times and were a bit naive in attack, only 6 points separating the sides over the 2 meetings this season shows that there wasn't a great difference between the teams.

Excellent game all the same, great advert for RL and League 1.

Great fans we met today at Bootham Crescent today and they were very complimentary about Oldham.

Well done on the win and hope you finish the job and lift the trophy, the table doesn't lie. You have been the best side all year imo and have done some great stuff from the marketing point of view.

Enjoy your success and good luck for the future.

I couldn't see much wrong with either the York or the Oldham try disallowed for obstruction/crossing. Definitely looked like the ref tried to even that one up. Was surprised that York were put on a team warning but not Oldham. And again would like to see the decision again at the end, for me it's either back to 1 (York knock on) or York penalty (Connor/Oakes taken out).

2 hours ago, Fenton Knight said:

Think a few of our players will be rested next week against Hemel after two bruising encounters. Hope they all came through yesterday ok. Robbo and Benny seemed to be struggling a bit. Need everyone fully fit for the following week.

Agree, plus with possibly Marsh and Oakes heading back to KR I think there'll be a few changes made. Wouldn't be surprised to see Whitely, Mazive and Chilton back in.

A wins a win, it was a real battle between two very well organised sides. We looked tired but once again we ground out a result. The defensive effort and ability to turn up again and again for each other is nothing short of staggering, this Knights team really is an shinning example of in it together. Huge shout out to Spears, Sam Scott and Brad Hay who I thought all had massive games.

Oldham played there part in making this a great advertisement for League 1 rugby. I’m seen both games between us this season and think it’s fair to say that Oldham are the best side in this division outside of the Knights. I do honestly think they’ll do a job on Bradford next week, Scott Naylor has put together a very decent side that never give in, turn up for each other. Good luck to them for next week against the Bulls.  In Naylor you’ve got one of the most bright, forward thinking and respected and upcoming coaches in the game. 

I’m sure they’ll be changes to the side that plays Hemel, I’m also sure we will approach it in the usual professional manner and show the upmost respect to them too.  Fordy is too switched on to underestimate any side in RL. 

Ugly win today but it was still two beautiful points. Two more cup finals to go, let’s see the boys over the line and keep up with the tremendous vocal backing that they so richly deserved today. 

"Don't Waste Words, Jump to Conclusions"

Millican Dalton...1867-1947

Archived