Proper Sport Rugby League

19 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Schoey is an odd combination of good-humoured figure of fun and pub bore Hall of Famer. But he is amiable and calls it how it is.

The beauty of that show is the group dynamic and chemistry between the four. Take one out and it’s not the same. It’s a lovely show. A northern gem.

The chemistry works and has some genuinely funny monents.

On 9/4/2018 at 8:47 AM, Man of Kent said:

People love the Forty20 LIVE show (formerly Proper Sport RL and before that Rugby League on Radio Yorkshire!) and I reckon a big part of that is down to Schofield.

He provides the humour (either with him or, usually, at him). When he was away and Rod Studd was on in his place the other week, it was dull.

Much better than having a journalist on, most of them know nothing and think they know everything.

The show was never that good without him.

On 04 September 2018 at 7:28 AM, Harry Stottle said:

Has it finished? Couldn't find it last week as a podcast thought they may not be broadcastig due to being a bank holiday, but after going to various 'podcast' providers still cannot find it, it used to be I could pick it up quite easily from about 20:30 on Monday evenings, it is now Tuesday morning and no new episodes listed after the 20/8th anywhere!

Whats a ' podcast ' ?

8 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Whats a ' podcast ' ?

Seriously? Or are you being humorous, I thought it was me who held the technophobe title around these parts?, if it is a genuine question:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Podcast&ved=2ahUKEwje1cmH3aXdAhVKDsAKHfOLD4cQFjAOegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw0vM3x3ogGC-dl1pbcv1vHI

On 06 September 2018 at 7:21 AM, Harry Stottle said:

Seriously? Or are you being humorous, I thought it was me who held the technophobe title around these parts?, if it is a genuine question:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Podcast&ved=2ahUKEwje1cmH3aXdAhVKDsAKHfOLD4cQFjAOegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw0vM3x3ogGC-dl1pbcv1vHI

I do have a mobile phone , I can ring people on it and send text messages as well , its bloody brilliant

9 hours ago, Michael Gledhill said:

The Full Eighty Minutes podcast with Zak Hardaker and Ryan Brierley is now available on the Proper Sport social media channels. 

That was a FANTASTIC show! please do more. Craig is a great personality with a ton of stories and it was great to get the players honest views on topics.

Again great show and thank you for doing it.

5 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

That was a FANTASTIC show! please do more. Craig is a great personality with a ton of stories and it was great to get the players honest views on topics.

Again great show and thank you for doing it.

Thank you for the kind words, glad you enjoyed the show. The feedback has been really pleasing with over 14,000 people having watched the first Full Eighty Minutes show.

We will definitely be back next week. 

So can anyone tell me yet why the proper sport show moved to forty20? 

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

1 hour ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

Suspecting a fall out.

Whats replaced it on a monday? Leeds United?

Not sure what replaced it as I listen on Podcasts.  I guessed fall out as well. Good show though, wherever it is!

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

I've just finished watching this, in instalments because it is long. It seemed a bit odd going through a match I had already seen, but I was compelled to keep watching.

The whole show seemed vibrant and fresh, and as others have commented, it was insightful. There was some really interesting stuff on tactics and training, for example. It was also a real change getting so much input directly from the players.

Credit due to the whole team.

I watch , rather than listen, to the Proper Sport Rugby League podcast on a Monday evening. Usaully catch up with it a few days after it’s broadcast on Youtube. 

Like the publisher of this post i also noticed it missing over the last couple of weeks. Must have been a fall out with the Proper Sport outfit, they had mentioned over the last few shows that i watched that they had been getting a few complaints about being negative. 

I guess they’ve told ‘ em shove it and moved on. I like the show and find it a good way of filling a couple of hours when the kids have gone bed. 

Does anybody know if the show is podcast only or do they film it too.

cheers

On 9/8/2018 at 10:20 PM, Wirerat said:

I watch , rather than listen, to the Proper Sport Rugby League podcast on a Monday evening. Usaully catch up with it a few days after it’s broadcast on Youtube. 

Like the publisher of this post i also noticed it missing over the last couple of weeks. Must have been a fall out with the Proper Sport outfit, they had mentioned over the last few shows that i watched that they had been getting a few complaints about being negative. 

I guess they’ve told ‘ em shove it and moved on. I like the show and find it a good way of filling a couple of hours when the kids have gone bed. 

Does anybody know if the show is podcast only or do they film it too.

cheers

on YouTube

On 9/8/2018 at 2:10 PM, Manxmanc said:

I've just finished watching this, in instalments because it is long. It seemed a bit odd going through a match I had already seen, but I was compelled to keep watching.

The whole show seemed vibrant and fresh, and as others have commented, it was insightful. There was some really interesting stuff on tactics and training, for example. It was also a real change getting so much input directly from the players.

Credit due to the whole team.

Thank you mate. 

We have Danny McGuire and Callum McLelland on tomorrow’s show. 

Archived