8-9 Sept: The Betfred League 1 Match Thread

Confident that Bears will get another win under their belts today with players back from various absences and the motivation to stay above Skolars in the table. - Yorks Tim

.err..I think not. I know you've been a bogey team for us but I just don't think you'll have much of a chance today :)

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hemel were lacking players due to injuries (can't remember if it was 8 or 9 I was told were out), DR players not having played enough games and unable to bring in new faces as signing deadline had passed. They weren't happy at only having 13 but not entirely of their own making.

Not a great advert for the game but first twenty minutes was a decent contest till fatigue caught up with Hemel. Second half however, they were lucky to only concede 52.

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

14 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

They have to have their DR players, especially Miloudi, available if they want to make an impression on the play offs.

I don't know. As much as I love Miloudi we're pretty well off for backs. I'm not saying Owen, Bish and Sanderson are in his class but at this level at least they're damned good.

25 minutes ago, Rob Nash said:

I don't know. As much as I love Miloudi we're pretty well off for backs. I'm not saying Owen, Bish and Sanderson are in his class but at this level at least they're damned good.

I think Donny will need every advantage they can get their hands on Rob, especially so if the league structure doesn’t change.

rldfsignature.jpg

1 hour ago, FearNothing said:

Confident that Bears will get another win under their belts today with players back from various absences and the motivation to stay above Skolars in the table. - Yorks Tim

.err..I think not. I know you've been a bogey team for us but I just don't think you'll have much of a chance today 

Game on .....???

Personal experience and early days I know, but the OurLeague streaming has been better so far for today's match than last weekend's. Not nearly so much buffering.

Currently York 10:0 Oldham

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Doncaster break their club record for consecutive league victories today (now 8), despite being down to 12 men for 50 minutes.

They can equal the club record for consecutive victories next Sunday at North Wales Crusaders.

www.donsstats.co.uk - Full results and player stats for Doncaster RLFC from 1951 to the current day.

21 hours ago, Rob Nash said:

I doff my cap to you. Wasn't meant as an insult btw. More that I had confidence in Workington. Thanks for it. You've done us a huge favour.

i know it wasnt meant as an insult, just happy to prove you wrong haha, as a thunder fan im very upset we havnt made the playoff spots as we can beat the top sides, we have a really good side, though never mind, cant wait for 2019 season and with liam finn signed he will add much needed experiance to our side, bring on hunslet on sunday.

19 minutes ago, Thunder fan said:

i know it wasnt meant as an insult, just happy to prove you wrong haha, as a thunder fan im very upset we havnt made the playoff spots as we can beat the top sides, we have a really good side, though never mind, cant wait for 2019 season and with liam finn signed he will add much needed experiance to our side, bring on hunslet on sunday.

I'm very happy to be proven wrong. Think you'll do us another favour against Hunslet!

14 hours ago, robt said:

Doncaster break their club record for consecutive league victories today (now 8), despite being down to 12 men for 50 minutes.

They can equal the club record for consecutive victories next Sunday at North Wales Crusaders.

Against a side that's won its last three games scoring 152 points and conceding 12. Actually, this has the potential to be a very good game!

15 hours ago, robt said:

Either they've broken the club record for consecutive wins or they haven't rob. Your second sentence still suggests they haven't.

rldfsignature.jpg

Donny will finish 3rd now , the fight is for 4th and 5th with Workington almost sure of 4th as they will beat London on their own pitch ,.Newcastle will have another say in it if they beat Hunslet but Hunslet and Oldham both losing yesterday probably means 5th are their best hope .

Disappointing result and performance for the Bears yesterday. But they did score a pretty amazing try through Reece Rance. Have to say as impressive as the try is the pace from the ref is remarkable, he should be playing on the wing for someone ?

Check out @MartinWVideos’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/MartinWVideos/status/1038845274544922625?s=09

2 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

Either they've broken the club record for consecutive wins or they haven't rob. Your second sentence still suggests they haven't.

They have broken their consecutive LEAGUE wins which stood at 7, their consecutive wins in all competitions record is 9

22 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Personal experience and early days I know, but the OurLeague streaming has been better so far for today's match than last weekend's. Not nearly so much buffering.

Currently York 10:0 Oldham

1692 through the turnstyles suggests minimal effect on our gate so looking good.

Archived