9 Sept: Qualifiers: London Broncos v Toulouse Olympique KO 3pm

Who will win?  

54 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• London Broncos
    • Toulouse Olympique
    • Draw

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/09/2018 at 02:00 PM

21 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

######. That'll be Toulouse out of the MPG then. 

We need to accept that Toulouse will never be in SL unless they are inserted in a similar way to Catalans.

London look solid. Toulouse not travelling well again. Shame it won't be 14 in SL next year as having London, Toulouse and Toronto playing there would be immense for the sport.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Treizistance said:

London look solid. Toulouse not travelling well again. Shame it won't be 14 in SL next year as having London, Toulouse and Toronto playing there would be immense for the sport.

Really, Why?

13 minutes ago, Treizistance said:

All they have to do is earn the right to promotion by winning.

TWP and London might not get their either.

2 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Didn't see that result or scoreline. Are we know looking at Wolf pack v Broncos for the million pound game?

You might be, I'm hoping for a Leeds London one (gotta hold out hope for 3rd for our guys!)

• Like 1

Get in..was working and just seen the result! Seems like London started well for a change?

Well done London. We are definitely going to get another non-M62 team in the division next year, which is great for the sport (bar an absolute miracle with Widnes). 

Still all to play for with the TWP vs TO game next week absolutely vital for both sides. Looking forward to watching it and hopefully TO turn up as it didn’t sound like they did today.

On 9/8/2018 at 8:48 AM, THE RED ROOSTER said:

London were absolute pants for the first 60 minues against Toronto. Then they started to play once the game had gone. Similar to the leeds game. The Broncvos are becoming the "kings of garbage time"  getting scorelines respectable enough for those who did not actually watch the game.

Toulouse by 12 for me. Does not change my view that Danny Ward should be Championship coach of the year but London's squad limitations are being laid bare. I suspect M Barthau will return to haunt his former club.

A win for Toulouse would IMO put them in the Million Pound game and I would remind those on here that back in the day when Toulouse faced Leeds in the Challenge Cup Semi-Final  under Justin Morgan there was a view expressed that the wrong French applicant had been approved for Super League.. It would make a change for a proper French club, not over reliant on imports, to be in the top level for is not the whole basis of French clubs competing in UK league the fact that the are a rugby league heartland and not an expansion club per se. A French club prodcing French players will also boost French Rugby League and give England genuine opposition with the decade.

However unlike all those Warrington posters who claimed they would not mind a Catalans win and got their wish. I certainly mind the Broncos losing and always hope my tips are as way off the mark.....

Ha ha ha

1 hour ago, GeordieSaint said:

Well done London. We are definitely going to get another non-M62 team in the division next year, which is great for the sport (bar an absolute miracle with Widnes). 

Still all to play for with the TWP vs TO game next week absolutely vital for both sides. Looking forward to watching it and hopefully TO turn up as it didn’t sound like they did today.

Not trying to derail this but TWP have shown they are light in the forwards.  A couple of injuries at this stage would not be good news but I can see them walloping TO.

I would love London to get a shot.  The coach has done a good job since Henderson left and they also lost a coup,e of players iirc.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Not trying to derail this but TWP have shown they are light in the forwards.  A couple of injuries at this stage would not be good news but I can see them walloping TO.

I would love London to get a shot.  The coach has done a good job since Henderson left and they also lost a coup,e of players iirc.

Who knows... the fight between these 3 sides is brilliant and very enjoyable to watch. I’d prefer all 3 clubs to be in SL but maybe just not yet. There are more twists to come I think and I wouldn’t put it past TO giving it to TWP next week. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Who knows... the fight between these 3 sides is brilliant and very enjoyable to watch. I’d prefer all 3 clubs to be in SL but maybe just not yet. There are more twists to come I think and I wouldn’t put it past TO giving it to TWP next week. 

Without doubt it’s the Comp to watch for intrigue, permutations and upsets.

Not so sure about the last line though 😎

15 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Without doubt it’s the Comp to watch for intrigue, permutations and upsets.

Not so sure about the last line though 😎

But the SL want to do away with it! 

• Like 1

If the RFL was run by people with vision, then all three of the expansion clubs -- Toronto, Toulouse and London -- would be promoted to a 14 team Super League. But their presence would have to be protected by a return to licensing.

Such a strategic plan would make the Super League a more valuable product to TV networks in the UK, France and north America.

Edited by Manfred Mann
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, MADREDNIGE said:

But the SL want to do away with it! 

London play HKR next week in Hull.  It’s an outside chance of a win but a great opportunity as I think they will be without Quinlan, Carney (winger) and Masoe.  All good players.

Toulouse were poor, Ford was trying to be a maverick too often, some really weird kicks which on the whole didn't pay off.

But their big problem was go forward, I honestly don't know who their props were, none made any impact. London's outside backs had more grunt than Toulouse.

London played well, completed at a high level but didn't have to do anything special. Matt Davis was great yet again, a real shame he's going to Warrington.

Dixon came off and had his arm in a sling btw, so I doubt he'll be fit for next weekend.

24 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

If the RFL was run by people with vision, then all three of the expansion clubs -- Toronto, Toulouse and London -- would be promoted to a 14 team Super League. But their presence would have to be protected by a return to licensing.

Such a strategic plan would make the Super League a more valuable product to TV networks in the UK, France and north America.

Yep, all three need to be in SL and have a 3 -5 year investment plan by the RFL in them to develop the expansion.  It would good for SL as a crowd puller and bringing extra investment bt sponsors to the game.

Catslans and Toulouse, plus Toronto and day NY or a 2nd Canadian side would really make things happen. 

Looks like London will make the MPG with Halifax their last game for another 2 points, although Halifax are a good side as they showed against HKR. 

A SL with Toronto, London, and Toulouse would be fantastic. Instead we will be stuck with teams that bring nothing to the game like Leeds.

Toulouse are clearly not a SL side and if they were to play Melbourne Storm next week would surely get hammered.

And they probably bend the salary cap.

• Haha 1