Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

8 Sept: Qualifiers: Salford Red Devils v Toronto Wolfpack KO 3.15pm (TV)

Who will win?  

56 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

    • Salford Red Devils
      38
    • Toronto Wolfpack
      17
    • Draw
      1

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/08/2018 at 02:00 PM

Recommended Posts

Salford at home. With the brilliant HB pairing and hooker, I see winning this by some. 30-18 to Salford. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Domination by Toronto except for a short lull period to allow Salford to somewhat claw their way back into it but eventually fall short.  The Wolf likes to play with the toy mouse for awhile before shredding it.

Toronto by 10.

"Hunt With The Pack!"

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

salford by plenty, toronto to find yet again theres more to the game than posing about like pinups.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Domination by Toronto except for a short lull period to allow Salford to somewhat claw their way back into it but eventually fall short.  The Wolf likes to play with the toy mouse for awhile before shredding it.

Toronto by 10.

"Hunt With The Pack!"

Its difficult to gauge tone sometimes, so I'm guessing this is somewhat tongue in cheek, either that or with those slogans you're the head of marketing at TWP?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This should be a tough game - for both teams. Toronto will find out that playing against full-time, well-organised defences every week is a different prospect to playing in a largely part-time league. Salford will find out a lot about their own character when Toronto put them under pressure, which I am sure they will at some point. If Salford can keep their composure, I am confident they will prevail. Salford by 18 or so.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

Domination by Toronto except for a short lull period to allow Salford to somewhat claw their way back into it but eventually fall short.  The Wolf likes to play with the toy mouse for awhile before shredding it.

Toronto by 10.

"Hunt With The Pack!"

Hi K'man, I know that you will be there in spirit, I intend to be there in the flesh, proudly donning my Leigh shirt stood amongst of the Salford faithful at the 'popular' side of the ground, a practise I have done about 6 times over the last couple seasons, so if you see someone in a foreign club shirt to everyone else, that could very well be me.

Edited by Harry Stottle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Hi K'man, I know that you will be there in spirit, I intend to be there in the flesh, proudly donning my Leigh shirt stood amongst of the Salford faithful at the 'popular' side of the ground, a practise I have done about 6 times over the last couple seasons, so if you see someone in a foreign club shirt to everyone else, that could very well be me.

You will stand out with or without out the shirt Harry...not every day that a former Mr Universe comes out to a match...the cameras will be on ya like bees to honey. 

"Lift plates to get dates!"

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to be a great game I think.

I'm looking at a narrow TWP win as we seem to allow teams back in, so let's say TWP by 4. People need to remember that our team has never played to its full potential and these weekly high intensity games are just making us better and better every week.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Game I am going to miss as we fly off on holiday Saturday.

Huge test for Salford, hope there is a strong ref as we know how Rowley likes his team to line up.

Will be really interesting game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched Toronto at Halifax and I watched Salford at Halifax. I will be at the game and expect Salford to win by 18 even though it will be very close in the first Half. I watched Toronto last time they played at Salford and I hope that this time they come to play Rugby League because last time the game plan was pure intimidation and that didn't work. I doubt very much that Harry Stottle will stand out in a neutral shirt as last time I saw this fixture I counted about 16 different neutral shirts and, will probably be wearing one myself (Celtic Crusaders maybe) because I don't own Salford or Toronto shirts. Really hope Salford win this one, but good luck to Toronto after Saturday. I hope they reach Super League if only to watch the uproar that will cause.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Celtic Rooster said:

I watched Toronto at Halifax and I watched Salford at Halifax. I will be at the game and expect Salford to win by 18 even though it will be very close in the first Half. I watched Toronto last time they played at Salford and I hope that this time they come to play Rugby League because last time the game plan was pure intimidation and that didn't work. I doubt very much that Harry Stottle will stand out in a neutral shirt as last time I saw this fixture I counted about 16 different neutral shirts and, will probably be wearing one myself (Celtic Crusaders maybe) because I don't own Salford or Toronto shirts. Really hope Salford win this one, but good luck to Toronto after Saturday. I hope they reach Super League if only to watch the uproar that will cause.

Are you going in the main bar the one prior to entering the ground for a little for pre match refreshment? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be there in person. Got my seats with my wife!

I'll be wearing my white twp shirt (since so many are talking about shirts). Don't wanna wear the red one since Salford are the red devils and all ;)

Toronto by 4. And it will be "the refs fault" some how (a trend I've noticed when teams lose to Toronto lol)

With school back in and the international football break no reason for Salford to have rubbish attendance this week

Edited by TboneFromTO
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Are you going in the main bar the one prior to entering the ground for a little for pre match refreshment?  

I don't get to Salford too often these days (I work Friday nights) but I always have a pint, either in the main bar outside the ground or in the beer tent. Depends where my son goes really. Say hello - I'm the old fart usually in the unusual RL shirt (Celtic Crusaders, Aberavon Fighting Irish, Kilkenny Wildcats, etc)!

36 minutes ago, TboneFromTO said:

With school back in and the international football break no reason for Salford to have rubbish attendance this week

Salford City FC are at home and some people watch both. A lot of Salford fans will also give priority to playing for their amateur clubs on a Saturday as well. Apart from that, sadly, even though Salford fans are some of the most passionate around they are a huge minority to football fans in the City. Don't expect more than 3000.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PatrickB, I see that you have put commented with a 'Sad' emoji to Denton's post, I strongly suggest that is not in referance to the comment but your expected emotion after the game☹

Edited by Harry Stottle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

PatrickB, I see that you have put commented with a 'Sad' emoji to Denton's post, I strongly suggest that is not in referance to the comment but your expected emotion after the game☹

Harry haven't we been down this road before?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing that worries me about this game is the press coverage Salford have been receiving, it has all been good, it usually follows that we screw it up somehow.

Hope that doesn't happen.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


League Express Yearbook 2018/19 - Order Now


Rugby League World - Nov 2018

Rugby League World - Nov 2018



League Express - Online Now

League Express - Every Monday