Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

8 Sept: Qualifiers: Salford Red Devils v Toronto Wolfpack KO 3.15pm (TV)

Who will win?  

56 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Toronto Wolfpack
    • Draw

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/08/2018 at 02:00 PM

23 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

Going to be a great game I think.

I'm looking at a narrow TWP win as we seem to allow teams back in, so let's say TWP by 4. People need to remember that our team has never played to its full potential and these weekly high intensity games are just making us better and better every week.

So my take from this post is that the only reason your inevitable victory will be narrow, is due to your propensity for taking your foot off the gas.

This kind of arrogance should probably be reserved for fans of teams with a better record against Super League opposition.

You are likely to find that trampling over teams filled with part time semi-pro's a different proposition to playing a full time team, playing with confidence, away from home.

Maybe you will win on Saturday, personally I doubt it. What I am 100% sure of is that if you honestly think you have a team of enough quality to take your foot off at any point in the 80 minutes, then you are likely to get your pants pulled down hilariously.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Big Red Keev said:

So my take from this post is that the only reason your inevitable victory will be narrow, is due to your propensity for taking your foot off the gas.

This kind of arrogance should probably be reserved for fans of teams with a better record against Super League opposition.

You are likely to find that trampling over teams filled with part time semi-pro's a different proposition to playing a full time team, playing with confidence, away from home.

Maybe you will win on Saturday, personally I doubt it. What I am 100% sure of is that if you honestly think you have a team of enough quality to take your foot off at any point in the 80 minutes, then you are likely to get your pants pulled down hilariously.

saying that is a flaw in our game that need to be ironed out

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Harry haven't we been down this road before?

Yep we sure have, and I was wrong that time in my conversations with yourself, but as they say the world loves a tryer, so I thought give it another go, surely I cant be wrong twice, can I?

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

Yep we sure have, and I was wrong that time in my conversations with yourself, but as they say the world loves a tryer, so I thought give it another go, surely I cant be wrong twice, can I?

Well we are certainly gong to find out Harry but always remember :"The third time is the charm!"

"Run With The Pack!"

6 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

saying that is a flaw in our game that need to be ironed out

Don't let them get to you Krzzystuff...I think your analysis is spot on.  We are improving every game and playing some better teams is helping us....we are learning, probably faster than any club in history.  Look at what we have accomplished in just under 2 years, its amazing.  Even when we lose we win!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Don't let them get to you Krzzystuff...I think your analysis is spot on.  We are improving every game and playing some better teams is helping us....we are learning, probably faster than any club in history.  Look at what we have accomplished in just under 2 years, its amazing.  Even when we lose we win!

If it is a Toronto win, then it will be a bombshell of a result.   Given that Widnes look totally gone, then Toronto must in the main be fighting for 4th or 5th, a game which I have to say creates an absurd spectacle. 

2 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

If it is a Toronto win, then it will be a bombshell of a result.   Given that Widnes look totally gone, then Toronto must in the main be fighting for 4th or 5th, a game which I have to say creates an absurd spectacle.

If you are that against the ' 8s ' system , why do you spend your whole life discussing it on here ? , people like you complain the middle 8 s are getting all the discussion time , then go on to discuss it

Crazy

2 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

How do you know , you havent been watching the others , have you ?

Can see Toronto winning this, the comments seem to be very one sided against them, although I would have Salford as narrow favourites as they have home advantage.  Toronto were toe to toe with Warrington in the cup before they had men sent off.  They had the best of the game against HKR before a couple of breakaway tries made their heads go down.  They came close to beating Salford last year  in the cup when they were in League 1. 

Edited by Jampot

Tomorrows headline "Toronto hand Salford their first loss of the qualifiers" 24-14

*looks at Twitter this morning - sees twp posted about where to sit...4days ago*

*Realize I bought my tickets weeks ago.... frantically checks tickets*

*Notices tickets are in the area twp said to buy*

Close call there Toronto, maybe these teams should announce this stuff sooner!!!

Good on Leeds for having a clear away supporters section ear marked....too bad it's behind the posts....

11 hours ago, Jampot said:

Can see Toronto winning this, the comments seem to be very one sided against them, although I would have Salford as narrow favourites as they have home advantage.  Toronto were toe to toe with Warrington in the cup before they had men sent off.  They had the best of the game against HKR before a couple of breakaway tries made their heads go down.  They came close to beating Salford last year  in the cup when they were in League 1. 

Toronto will have to play well to win and compete in what we politely call the 'armwrestle'.  They will need to improve on that over the Warrington game. Can they keep their heads however in what ought to be a tough game. This is the benchmark for me, because it's likely they will be in that position in the MPG.

Given that Widnes are the bottom (of both leagues in the same season!) then it would not be surprising that the likely and appropriate ultimate play-off final at the top of the Championship is to be between Toronto  and Toulouse. 

Salford seem to have perked up a bit with their new signings, and Toronto may well struggle.

28 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Salford seem to have perked up a bit with their new signings, and Toronto may well struggle.

Agreed. 

11 hours ago, RobertAM said:

Tomorrows headline "Toronto hand Salford their first loss of the qualifiers" 24-14

"Salford coast to easy Toronto win". More likely.

16 hours ago, Jampot said:

Toronto were toe to toe with Warrington in the cup before they had men sent off.  They had the best of the game against HKR before a couple of breakaway tries made their heads go down.  They came close to beating Salford last year  in the cup when they were in League 1. 

Exactly,these were my thoughts too.

The way Salford demolished Halifax last week though must make them slight favourites.

Salford to nick it in a very close contest.

Salford score first, with a converted try.

O'Brien messed up twice already