7 Sept: Super 8s: Warrington Wolves v Huddersfield Giants KO 7.45pm

Who will win?  

22 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Huddersfield Giants
    • Draw

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/07/2018 at 06:45 PM

2 hours ago, Desert Skipper said:

Not sure, but I think Westwood counts as pennies towards the cap due to the long-serving rule.   So if he has agreed a one-year deal on low pay as a back up player prior to retirement, he probably won't be affecting the cap much.

That's my guess anyway.

Warrington backrow players next season, Currie, Hughes, Livett, Clark, BMM, Akauola, Davis, Westwood and we have players in the academy like Johnson who should be pushing through, so if Ben gets in the squad then we have a problem with the young players. 

• Like 1

I have to say, i really enjoyed the game and i haven't said that about our trips to the wire in the last few years!

I thought both teams looked really poor at times and at other times both looked very handy, i did think we'd struggle with the disruptions we had, but thought all our backs, the academy lads and Mamo were class and certainly more than matched their international counterparts on the other side.

There wasn't anything in the sides except for Broughy's wayward gaol kicking, both sides gave away silly penalties, although as usual Child let head shots and chokes go but penalised for holding on for 2 seconds, although i did think he did OK generally.

So yes, our slim and unthinkable chance of making the 4 has gone, but we've bowed out with pride and a smile on our faces and traffic cones on our heads!

Another good night with the Warrington fans, see you next time!

• Like 3

On 9/8/2018 at 2:43 PM, Desert Skipper said:

I really hope we haven't seen the last of Currie, for his sake and ours.   I'm prepared for the worst though 😟

i've just worked out what went wrong with currie this year, it was having that bloody brownee brother sat on him while planking for half an hour for that stupid advert.

• Haha 1