Sign in to follow this  
Broncos News

Funeral Service for Neil Robinson

The funeral service of Neil Robinson took place on Monday 3rd of September in Blackpool.

“It was a most impressive attendance in Blackpool, on Monday 3rd of September, representing a true cross section of Neil’s life. There were family members of course but also from his four main corners in life. That of Workington Football Club of which John Walsh of BBC Radio Cumbria spoke so well at the service, of the Police Force, of his varying involvements in the world of cricket and then that of rugby league. There was a particularly strong representation from the RFL including senior management in Dean Hardman, leading referee Phil Bentham, liaison officer of match officials Gerry Kershaw and Neil’s good friend who has been heavily involved in the game for many many years Barry Lilley. There were many more, all of them who I knew, but in hindsight I should have written down names at the time so as to credit them all with coming from far and wide to be present on the day.
London RL was represented by Carol Mountfield, who held a variety of roles in the Fulham RLFC and London Crusaders days, by Andy Haigh, who served in the Police with Neil and who was and still is a long time supporter of the sport, and myself.”

By Stephen Magee

London Broncos would like to thank all those who went to the service on the back of us giving out the details and hope that Neil will be remembered fondly for many years to come.

View the full article