Sign in to follow this  
deluded pom?

South African Rhino Cup Kicks Off in Silverton

Wiki has an article on it, but the content is so poor that I wouldn't offer a link to it. It has a biased style rather than an objective one. It isn't up to date either. 

I read years ago how RL was getting some traction in the RSA and then RU powers used their influence to make sure grounds to play on were difficult to get and the ones that were offered were in out of the way places. 

8 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Come on DP, I was relying on you!

It’s surprisingly difficult to get information on the South African setup. 

You answered your own question there DD. There used to be a member on the LU forums who was involved with the SARL but he hasn’t been on for a few years now.

1 hour ago, RayCee said:

Wiki has an article on it, but the content is so poor that I wouldn't offer a link to it. It has a biased style rather than an objective one. It isn't up to date either. 

I read years ago how RL was getting some traction in the RSA and then RU powers used their influence to make sure grounds to play on were difficult to get and the ones that were offered were in out of the way places. 

That doesn’t sound like union, are you sure? 🤨

3 hours ago, DoubleD said:

That doesn’t sound like union, are you sure? 🤨

Nah, I just made it up.

South Africa back in the apartheid era was strongly influenced by the broederbond, which was "an immense informal network of influence" that worked for the preservation of certain ideals of which RL wasn't part of. 

I wish RL in SA well but it will be tough going. It could do with some some help from the RLIF but with limited resources at their disposal, any help will be minimal.