Sign in to follow this  
Dons News

PREVIEW | Kesik: result all that matters

Kyle Kesik says the two points will be the most important thing against Keighley Cougars in Betfred League One this weekend.

The Dons go into the game on the back of seven straight wins in Betfred League One, and Kesik wants them to continue that form.

He said: “Keighley is a really tough place to go and we know what it’s like there, no matter where they are in the table it’s never easy.

“The main thing at this stage of the season is picking up the two points, we have to keep building that momentum and get a home tie in the play-offs.

“You’re always going to get a hard game away from home in this league, we have to approach it with the right mentality and play like we can.”

The game against Keighley will be the 29-year-old’s first since signing a new deal with the club, something he was delighted to get done.”

He added: “Everyone knows how much I love the club, Doncaster has become like a second home to me so it was a no brainer to sign.

“We’ve got most of the boys signed up now and I’m sure there will be more to come, so it’s exciting times.

“We’ve really kicked on after a tough middle period of the season, we’ve all bought into what Rich has asked for and we want to keep going.”

Dons 2019 season tickets are now on sale, and can be bought from tickets.clubdoncaster.co.uk

View the full article