Sign in to follow this  
M j M

Dave Furner, new Leeds coach

Furner takes over in the off season ,but he and Sinfield will already be working on next years squad . Reading Furners statements he got in touch with Sinny and congratulated him on his new job and said ' if you want any help in player recommendations let me know' that was before his appointment as head coach . I think there will be quite a few O O C players going and a number of Furner signings coming in. Won't be a quick fix though 

Fensom and O'Neill would be good signings. 

Add a bit of steel in the middle of the park and going with two out and out centres which has been a surprisingly rare choice for Leeds 

2 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

Fensom and O'Neill would be good signings. 

Add a bit of steel in the middle of the park and going with two out and out centres which has been a surprisingly rare choice for Leeds 

I'd certainly like O'Neill. Fensom would be good too.

I hope we don't end up with Linnett.

O'Neill and Watkins in the centres with Handley and Newman as back up would suit well

1 hour ago, DoubleD said:

I'd certainly like O'Neill. Fensom would be good too.

I hope we don't end up with Linnett.

O'Neill and Watkins in the centres with Handley and Newman as back up would suit well

Walker, Briscoe, Watkins, O'Niell, Briscoe/Handley/Newman Myler/Mclelland/Sutcliffe/Lolohea is an exciting backline with more competition and cover than we have had for a long time.

If Lolohea went on the wing and Hastings came in that would be a really threatening back line especially if Furner can get something from some promising young forwards. 

Edited by scotchy1

I wouldnt be taking any cast offs from the cowboys . They look well past it

3 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

Walker, Briscoe, Watkins, O'Niell, Briscoe/Handley/Newman Myler/Mclelland/Sutcliffe/Lolohea is an exciting backline

That would be a devastating backline but it would mean you only have two forwards. 😉

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

That would be a devastating backline but it would mean you only have two forwards. 😉

Not much different to this season

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

Walker, Briscoe, Watkins, O'Niell, Briscoe/Handley/Newman Myler/Mclelland/Sutcliffe/Lolohea is an exciting backline with more competition and cover than we have had for a long time.

If Lolohea went on the wing and Hastings came in that would be a really threatening back line especially if Furner can get something from some promising young forwards. 

Lolohea will be very very angry if you play him on the wing , and just angry if its centre 

11 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Lolohea will be very very angry if you play him on the wing , and just angry if its centre 

Up to him to make the position his own really. Which is very different from how we started this year with pretty much no competition for places.

14 hours ago, DavidM said:

I wouldnt be taking any cast offs from the cowboys . They look well past it

Linnett still has good football to offer, but O'Neill is well past it. He's been poor for a few years now, and barely even looks interested.

5 minutes ago, ghost crayfish said:

Linnett still has good football to offer, but O'Neill is well past it. He's been poor for a few years now, and barely even looks interested.

Queensland and Australia must be really bad then.

4 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

Queensland and Australia must be really bad then.

He last played for Australia in 2016, got dropped by qld along with the other oldies in 2017, then got dropped from first grade this year. So no, they're not bad, they agreed with me that he's past it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ghost crayfish said:

He last played for Australia in 2016, got dropped by qld along with the other oldies in 2017, then got dropped from first grade this year. So no, they're not bad, they agreed with me that he's past it.

18th man for Australia last year, played SoO last year, clearly can't have been that "past it, for a few years now"

5 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

18th man for Australia last year, played SoO last year, clearly can't have been that "past it, for a few years now"

Yeah, except in my opinion he has been. Qld picked him (along with Thaiday, Guerra etc) through loyalty, not performance. He was rubbish, so they dropped him. And apart from being ok in last year's finals, he's done nothing ever since. If you wanna split hairs over whether he's been past it for one year or two, go for it. 

6 hours ago, ghost crayfish said:

He’s only recently turned 27? 

Id much rather have O’Neill than Linnett any day. Linnett is the definition of average 

6 hours ago, DoubleD said:

He’s only recently turned 27? 

Id much rather have O’Neill than Linnett any day. Linnett is the definition of average 

Haha interesting! I thought he was older... Certainly been playing like it. Ok. Maybe he just needs a change of scenery...