Sign in to follow this  
Manxmanc

New York team & tests still in the pipeline

1 minute ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

I mean that's only one reason. But don't get me wrong, I think it's absolutely possible. I just don't think it's possible with Wilby

This obsession some RL fans have with Wilby is really weird. Its a bit creepy.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

This obsession some RL fans have with Wilby is really weird. Its a bit creepy.

Yes God forbid people discuss the topic in question

3 minutes ago, Evil Homer said:

Yes God forbid people discuss the topic in question

Wilby isnt the topic in question.

Its a bit creepy to think he is

Just now, scotchy1 said:

Wilby isnt the topic in question.

Its a bit creepy to think he is

So in a thread about a team made up by Ricky Wilby you think its 'creepy' to discuss Ricky Wilby? Weird

Just now, Evil Homer said:

So in a thread about a team made up by Ricky Wilby you think its 'creepy' to discuss Ricky Wilby? Weird

Yeah, the focus on personalities is a bit creepy.

8 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

Yeah, the focus on personalities is a bit creepy.

So people should just accept everything they are told without questioning whether those involved have any credibility

1 minute ago, Evil Homer said:

So people should just accept everything they are told without questioning whether those involved have any credibility

Yeah, this obsession with being a gatekeeper of Wilby's credibility is creepy.

The problem in NY is the availability of a proper stadium, high cost of living, and having a proper investor group who can put cash up front. etc.  Of course, in such a large city, you could get a RL following if things are financed and done properly (like in Toronto). 

The problem is one that I have observed seems to sort of exist throughout  RL...its a mindset...why try a team in the 'toughest' market to break after we saw the lack luster results of the Denver test?  Did we not learn anything?

Why not put a team in an 'easy' market to crack....its a bullheaded way of thinking to keep banging your head on a concrete wall.  Why make things more difficult than they actually have to be?  Crack the easy markets first....then tackle the hard markets when you have a successful platform and the resources to do so....this fixation with NY, NY is somewhat bizarre, its seems to be part of the English character though (that and Niagara Falls), common sense for a change.....easy markets first.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

Yeah, this obsession with being a gatekeeper of Wilby's credibility is creepy.

Wilby is the central figure in all of this and plays an influential part in determining the success, or failure, of this venture. There would be no talk of a New York team without Wilby. The 'obsession' is justified

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Wilby was the one who has created the publicity,and put in the timeframe - now seemingly long gone,for July

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/04/26/new-york-bid-ramps-up-with-shaun-johnson-in-sights/ 

This idea that any pro club lives and dies with one man is just strange.

I can guarantee you that if Wilby werent known to a few people on here as a fan he wouldnt be mentioned.

There is plenty to look at re: a pro NY side that isnt what Ricky Wilby used to do for a living. There is quite literally nothing in the world that will have less of an effect on the success or failure of a potential NY side.