Sign in to follow this  
Rammo23

End of season play offs

39 minutes ago, Rammo23 said:

Who's going for who in the Grand finals at Featherstone October 6th

I'm pretty confident we'll get there and in terms of opponent I'm edging towards West Hull over Thatto at the moment. I'll make a bold prediction the final will be Hunslet Parkside v West Hull with us to win by 10. Battle of the green and golds. 

Edited by hunsletgreenandgold

Hunslet are going to take some stopping, to go through the entire season unbeaten is some effort especially in the prem.

i wonder what odds you would get though for a west hull v thatto Final!

I will go for hunslet vs west hull final, 

cant see hunslet losing at fev, with the size of there pack and the slope, however when we played west hull, they had a decent pack themselves, 

crazy that a team could go 22/22 and still not be champions, 

• Like 2

I agree with hunsletgreenanggold the final been Hunslet Club Parkside and West Hull, I don't agree with your prediction though. Two very close games already biggest margin 6 points smallest 2 so all to play for. I'm going for a West Hull win

Todays results

Thatto Heath 14 - 24 Underbank 

Egremont 28 - 12 Wath Brow

Bit of a surprise at Thatto Heath there, I would imagine most would have expected the home team to prevail there

What’s people’s thoughts on having play offs in the lower leagues to see who gets the final promotion place?

To me the team that finishes highest should be promoted as they have been the most consistent team all season rather than leaving it to what amounts to a cup comp at the end of the season. It is this level of consistency and performance that the team who gets promoted to a higher league will need rather than potentially producing 2 good performances at the end of the season  

Totally agree I've always thought whoever wins the league are the champions. This grand final playoff to me is just something we now do to copy aversion of the Aussies Wingfield Cup, to me the league is won over a season and promotion should be top 2/3 up bottom 2/3 down simple as that. 

50 minutes ago, johnmatrix said:

With only 12 teams in a league I think three up three down is abit much, surely two up two down is better?

I'd agree if we always saw the promoted sides struggle or the relegated sides dominate the league below but that doesn't happen. At this level you want as many teams as possible to have high stakes games at the latter end of the season and I think 3 up 3 down gives that.

Edited by hunsletgreenandgold