Recommended Posts

Gmail have locked me out of my email account. I have had this problem intermittently since they got me to open a google account last year. I can usually recover it, but not this time. They refuse to accept that I am who I say I am.

Can anyone suggest a good, free email provider so I can bin google?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tonyXIII said:

Gmail have locked me out of my email account. I have had this problem intermittently since they got me to open a google account last year. I can usually recover it, but not this time. They refuse to accept that I am who I say I am.

Can anyone suggest a good, free email provider so I can bin google?

 

mail.com seem OK, I also have an old yahoo.co.uk account that seems OK when I need it, I'm told it's fairly simple to set up your own domain so you could be tonyXIII@tonyXIII.com for 99p a year via godaddy  (other domain services are available) 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I may buy it for 99p myself and set up a Jacob Rees Mogg fan site mwah hah hah hah 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have my own domain that I run through 1and1.co.uk, very cheap and highly secure. It makes email far easier for me.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks everyone. I've gone with mail.com and been able to keep my user name and my email address has only changed by one letter. Shifting my contacts list might be an issue. Let's see how it goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Invitations to my Jacob Rees Mogg tribute site will be emailed out soon.

www.tonyxiii.com/welovejacob 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tonyXIII said:

Thanks everyone. I've gone with mail.com and been able to keep my user name and my email address has only changed by one letter. Shifting my contacts list might be an issue. Let's see how it goes.

I use GMail, but also have an alternative email address (little used, but sometimes useful) at Mail.com and both accounts can access the same address book/contacts in Mozilla Thunderbird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

I use GMail, but also have an alternative email address (little used, but sometimes useful) at Mail.com and both accounts can access the same address book/contacts in Mozilla Thunderbird.

Thanks for that, but I suspect that my inability to remember my gmail password might pose a problem. Rather stupidly, I have allowed google to remember my password. My old password served me well for years, but then my boss wanted me to open a facebook account, facebook wouldn't allow me to use the same gmail account that was linked to my wife's facebook account so I opened a new gmail account. Google also wanted me to open a google account about the same  time. About a year ago, google made me 'recover'my account then reset my password. Then again. Now I haven't a clue what my active password is. Telling google to f off probably didn't help.

 

Edited by tonyXIII
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, tonyXIII said:

Gmail have locked me out of my email account. I have had this problem intermittently since they got me to open a google account last year. I can usually recover it, but not this time. They refuse to accept that I am who I say I am.

Can anyone suggest a good, free email provider so I can bin google?

 

When I set up my gmail account many moons ago, l was asked to add a backup email address in case of resetting the account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, getdownmonkeyman said:

When I set up my gmail account many moons ago, l was asked to add a backup email address in case of resetting the account.

I didn't have a backup email address 15 years ago.

I have had other email addresses - OTE (Greek) BTinternet (UK) Work related email addresses, etc. - but now I don't. I shall when I get this mess sorted. 

PS. Thanks

Edited by tonyXIII
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, getdownmonkeyman said:

When I set up my gmail account many moons ago, l was asked to add a backup email address in case of resetting the account.

Always useful to have a backup email address for confirmation, just in case. Even if it turns out you never have to use it.

Just like having a backup internet browser, in case your usual one gets compromised and you need to download a fix.

Edited by Futtocks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just write your passeords down in code.  Paper much less likely to be stolen by someone who can decode them, compared with having them on 't computer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

I use hotmail... I think thats a bit old hat now!

I had a “business proposal” from some chancer who claims to be in Sales, but not your average sales, no he deals with multi billion industries, he sells to high level executives, he wins trust, it’s what he does. He’s bloody brilliant in a debate.

all that and a hotmail email address. 

I am meeting him next Friday, it will probably not go well for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Shadow said:

I had a “business proposal” from some chancer who claims to be in Sales, but not your average sales, no he deals with multi billion industries, he sells to high level executives, he wins trust, it’s what he does. He’s bloody brilliant in a debate.

all that and a hotmail email address. 

I am meeting him next Friday, it will probably not go well for him. 

Tune in next week, when Shadow gives his bank details to a Nigerian Prince...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Tune in next week, when Shadow gives his bank details to a Nigerian Prince...

I’m tempted to put the entire text of his email up to give everyone a laugh but that’s probably unethical 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shadow said:

I had a “business proposal” from some chancer who claims to be in Sales, but not your average sales, no he deals with multi billion industries, he sells to high level executives, he wins trust, it’s what he does. He’s bloody brilliant in a debate.

all that and a hotmail email address. 

I am meeting him next Friday, it will probably not go well for him. 

He's a "chancer", "he wins trust" and "he's bloody brilliant in a debate".

It's Liam Fox isn't it? David Davis? Boris?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


League Express - Online Now

League Express - Every Monday



Rugby League World - Sept 2018

Rugby League World - Sept 2018

Rugby League Books On Sale Here