Disciplinary - Jackson Hastings

DoubleD

Just now, DoubleD said:

I wouldn’t be so keen to keep Russell long term, you can see how much Warrington improved when they replaced him for Charnley

Russell is no Charnley but he is damn fine player...hard nosed.  We like him in Toronto....as we say in the fishing business, he is a 'keeper'.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Russell is no Charnley but he is damn fine player...hard nosed.  We like him in Toronto....as we say in the fishing business, he is a 'keeper'.

Hard nosed maybe but he’s a defensive liability. As a winger his positioning is awful. It’s a shame he never kicked on as a full back as he looked promising then but he never developed a passing or kicking game that top pivots require

1 minute ago, DoubleD said:

Hard nosed maybe but he’s a defensive liability. As a winger his positioning is awful. It’s a shame he never kicked on as a full back as he looked promising then but he never developed a passing or kicking game that top pivots require

He seems a little awkward at the wing at times, I agree (but he has improved).  I think he would be a nice center to be honest.

He has made some outstanding defensive plays at Lamport (run downs etc.), the crowd likes him. 

23 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

I didn't know you were privy to the details of both of their contracts?...or are you just looking into that crystal ball again and making stuff up?  Popular belief is an opinion; not a fact.  Answer honestly, "Are you privy to the wording of their contracts?"  If not, you don't know so don't pretend you do.

Do you have personal knowledge of why Canton Brown chose Toronto?  You certainly infer that you do and, if so, I stand corrected.  But I think you are just making this stuff up.

If Toronto goes up, they go up.  If Toronto doesn't go up, they don't go up.  This has nothing to do with Hastings being a goon....the ref and tribunal saw it my way; hence the suspension.   Thats a fact, plain and simple.

No but for all intents and purposes he was going to Salford until Toronto came in. You are crowing on like he has signed for 5 years and be part of the Wolfpack for years to come! You signed him for the exact reason and exact same length of time as Salford made a signing for. regardless of the who or why its exactly the same for both clubs. Yet because he signed for Salford in your world it makes him loyal.

Ill ask you this do you know Hastings personally enough to know he is a goon? The interviews i have seen and read he has come across fairly level headed with aspirations of proving his worth. He was alienated at his last club and banished to train with the juniors because he punched their star player. No club will back a young player over a player they are paying a reported $1.2m dollars a year to. Said player must have done something for him to even contemplate doing it.

Yes he made a bad decision in the tackle with O'Brien. Are you telling me no Wolfpack player has made a malicious tackle all year?

On 9/10/2018 at 8:54 PM, silverback said:

crazy when you think jc got 12 month ban for having a fiver on his team to win a grand final.

no need for thuggery like we had on hemingway off acton but 2 games wont stop cheap shots.

10 game bans didn't stop it either, it has been tried.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

2 hours ago, thepimp007 said:

No but for all intents and purposes he was going to Salford until Toronto came in. You are crowing on like he has signed for 5 years and be part of the Wolfpack for years to come! You signed him for the exact reason and exact same length of time as Salford made a signing for. regardless of the who or why its exactly the same for both clubs. Yet because he signed for Salford in your world it makes him loyal.

Ill ask you this do you know Hastings personally enough to know he is a goon? The interviews i have seen and read he has come across fairly level headed with aspirations of proving his worth. He was alienated at his last club and banished to train with the juniors because he punched their star player. No club will back a young player over a player they are paying a reported $1.2m dollars a year to. Said player must have done something for him to even contemplate doing it.

Yes he made a bad decision in the tackle with O'Brien. Are you telling me no Wolfpack player has made a malicious tackle all year?

I wasn't aware that he had a history of previous violence both on and off field.   Previous ten game ban and didn't learn his lesson but he isn't a thug....what ya been smoking Pimp?  You are clearly willfully blind in this regard.  You probably stop and get our of your car to argue with all stop signs....quit beating a dead horse will ya.  You are wrong and you know it.

The Wolfpack is the cleanest team in the league.

23 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

I wasn't aware that he had a history of previous violence both on and off field.   Previous ten game ban and didn't learn his lesson but he isn't a thug....what ya been smoking Pimp?  You are clearly willfully blind in this regard.  You probably stop and get our of your car to argue with all stop signs....quit beating a dead horse will ya.  You are wrong and you know it.

?? well it will be getting boring for everyone else now and I apologise to anyone reading who it has annoyed this tooing and froing. I was not talking about Hastings as a person, I was just pointing out your side made signings for the same length of time for the same purpose. Nothing more or less to it. There is no amount of pointing things out to you that will make you see things without your Toronto tinted specs on to have a healthy debate. Your constant ramblings to yourself on the Leeds forum show that.

That last sentence is obviously trying to get a bite, but you wont see me slating the Wolfpack team. I want Toronto to succeed, they could bring a new dimension to SL and hopefully get to a wider audience that can attract further sponsorship into the sport that is so desperately needed

16 minutes ago, thepimp007 said:

?? 

That last sentence is obviously trying to get a bite, but you wont see me slating the Wolfpack team. I want Toronto to succeed, they could bring a new dimension to SL and hopefully get to a wider audience that can attract further sponsorship into the sport that is so desperately needed

Finally something we agree on...I am glad you are coming your of your grogginess and coming to your senses.

No doubt about it, Wolfpack is #1, thats why players want to sign with them long term and remain loyal...facts is facts.

1 minute ago, Kayakman said:

Finally something we agree on...I am glad you are coming your of your grogginess and coming to your senses.

No doubt about it, Wolfpack is #1, thats why players want to sign with them long term and remain loyal...facts is facts.

Does Hastings want to sign?

2 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Where did you here that Jackson Hastings had previosly had a ten game ban?

I think that a previous poster may have been referring to Jamie Acton.

58 minutes ago, WSCR said:

Where did you here that Jackson Hastings had previosly had a ten game ban?

I think that a previous poster may have been referring to Jamie Acton.

I was following the previous poster who said it....is it true or not?

9 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

I was following the previous poster who said it....is it true or not?

I cannot see anywhere that Hastings has had a ten match ban, there was an incident with Dale Cherry Evans at training at Manley Sea Eagles.

I think that a previous poster was inferring that Jamie Acton of Leigh hadn’t learnt from previous bans,he got a four month ban this year.

2 minutes ago, WSCR said:

I cannot see anywhere that Hastings has had a ten match ban, there was an incident with Dale Cherry Evans at training at Manley Sea Eagles.

I think that a previous poster was inferring that Jamie Acton of Leigh hadn’t learnt from previous bans,he got a four month ban this year.

Those guys sound like two (2) peas in a pod.

10 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Caton Brown was brought in to solidify the backs long term and build the club up...this is a long term project.  The team is moving upwards in the Leagues and standings.  He is a clean player.

The other was brought in as a hired goon gun for a few games to help Salford artificially stay up in SL.  The team was moving downwards and at the risk  of relegation.  He is a dirty player as evidenced by his suspension and behaviours on the  field.

THESE are the major differences between the two players.

Your repeated references to the conduct of each player points to your objection towards Hastings being more to do with that rather than the principle of short term signings. Indeed, the match thread from your fixture against Hull KR is curiously free of your criticisms of their fielding Hall and Crooks, despite Hall directly contributing six points in a contest that you lost by six points, and despite him signing on loan just a few days prior.

Furthermore, I don't doubt that playing for and living in Toronto can be a very attractive proposition, or that many of your players bought into the project, but I do wonder just how likely it is that you'd have been able to sign some of the players that you did in that first season if you'd have been offering the same salaries that, say, Workington Town were offering. Money talks, and its a factor in nearly every player's decision to sign for a club. Acknowledging that it was also a consideration for your lot doesn't lessen your achievements to date.

And before anyone throws that sentiment back at me - no, I don't think that Peter Mata'utia signed for us because he had an insatiable desire to live near Pennington Flash, nor do I think it was because he had an irresistible urge to play under Neil Jukes. It's almost certainly because we were the club who offered him the best financial package (it might also have been because he saw us as a gateway into Super League, in fairness).

Just now, Bolton Leyther said:

Your repeated references to the conduct of each player points to your objection towards Hastings being more to do with that rather than the principle of short term signings. Indeed, the match thread from your fixture against Hull KR is curiously free of you criticisms of their fielding Hall and Crooks, despite Hall directly contributing six points in a contest that you lost by six points, and despite him signing on loan just a few days prior.

Furthermore, I don't doubt that playing for and living in Toronto can be a very attractive proposition, or that many of your players bought into the project before signing, but I do wonder just how likely it is that you'd have been able to sign some of the players that you did in that first season if you'd have been offering the same salaries that, say, Workington Town were offering. Money talks, and its a factor in nearly every player's decision to sign for a club. Acknowledging that it was also a consideration for your lot doesn't lessen your achievements to date.

And before anyone throws that sentiment back at me - no, I don't think that Peter Mata'utia signed for us because he had an insatiable desire to live near Pennington Flash, nor do I think he had an irresistible urge to play under Neil Jukes. It's almost certainly because we were the club who offered him the best financial package (it might also have been because he saw us as a gateway into the British league structure, in fairness).

Fair enough.

I'm against overly dirty play of any nature.  That is why the Hull KR is free of the comments you suggest.  Both of the players that you mentioned are clean, hard working players...they deserve, and have earned, the benefit of the doubt.

Hall should not be criticized  because he has earned the right not to be.  Just because they won the game and he scored the points has nothing to do with dirty play; rather the opposite.  Nothing but respect for him...even after he left our club as Captain.   Crooks I don't know so well.

Everyone knows there are alot of ex players on here and anyone that has ever played alot of rugby (Union in my case) has encountered these good for nothing thugs who are out to hurt.  A hard tackle is a great thing but a dirty intent to injure another.   I got old injuries that ache when I see dirty play; especially intent to injure.   Many clean players have had their careers shortened or destroyed by said Cretans.THROW THEM OUT OF THE GODDAMNED GAME (AND I MEAN THE WHOLE GAME; LONG SUSPENSIONS/EXPULSIONS)!

You clearly do not understand the City of Toronto and the lifestyle its affords a young profession athlete...its the big time.  Plus the money is here; isn't that the point.

Not throwing any sentiment at ya....not throwin nuttin.

7 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Fair enough.

I'm against overly dirty play of any nature.  That is why the Hull KR is free of the comments you suggest.  Both of the players that you mentioned are clean, hard working players...they deserve, and have earned, the benefit of the doubt.

Hall should not be criticized  because he has earned the right not to be.  Just because they won the game and he scored the points has nothing to do with dirty play; rather the opposite.  Nothing but respect for him...even after he left our club as Captain.   Crooks I don't know so well.

Everyone knows there are alot of ex players on here and anyone that has ever played alot of rugby (Union in my case) has encountered these good for nothing thugs who are out to hurt.  A hard tackle is a great thing but a dirty intent to injure another.   I got old injuries that ache when I see dirty play; especially intent to injure.   Many clean players have had their careers shortened or destroyed by said Cretans.THROW THEM OUT OF THE GODDAMNED GAME (AND I MEAN THE WHOLE GAME; LONG SUSPENSIONS/EXPULSIONS)!

You clearly do not understand the City of Toronto and the lifestyle its affords a young profession athlete...its the big time.  Plus the money is here; isn't that the point.

Show us the money.....

7 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Fair enough.

That's all well and good, but it isn't anything to do with players signing on a short term basis.

13 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

No, I absolutely do understand it. My point is that they might well have been a touch more reticent about signing if they were only offered board and £200 a week. It's not a criticism, and as I say, I recognise that for a not insignificant proportion of your players they saw a project to buy into (which is to their credit), but to imply that that's the sole motivation of all the squad, or that money wasn't a factor as you had in your previous posts, is just incorrect.

Anyway, Hastings should have received a longer ban. 

57 minutes ago, Bolton Leyther said:

That's all well and good, but it isn't anything to do with players signing on a short term basis.

No, I absolutely do understand it. My point is that they might well have been a touch more reticent about signing if they were only offered board and £200 a week. It's not a criticism, and as I say, I recognise that for a not insignificant proportion of your players they saw a project to buy into (which is to their credit), but to imply that that's the sole motivation of all the squad, or that money wasn't a factor as you had in your previous posts, is just incorrect.

Anyway, Hastings should have received a longer ban. 

You clearly misinterpreted the meaning I was trying to convey.  You seem like a reasonable fella so  sorry for any confusion if the context was not clear on my part..  And Yes, Hastings should have gotten a stronger ban for his goonish behaviour; that was my point.

8 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

You clearly misinterpreted the meaning I was trying to convey.  You seem like a reasonable fella so  sorry for any confusion if the context was not clear on my part..  And Yes, Hastings should have gotten a stronger ban for his goonish behaviour; that was my point.

Still requires a reply..

21 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Caton Brown was brought in to solidify the backs long term and build the club up...this is a long term project.  The team is moving upwards in the Leagues and standings.  He is a clean player.

The other was brought in as a hired goon gun for a few games to help Salford artificially stay up in SL.  The team was moving downwards and at the risk  of relegation.  He is a dirty player as evidenced by his suspension and behaviours on the  field.

THESE are the major differences between the two players.

Pimp is quite correct K'man when he says, "when you properly get a grip of everything rugby league", I must say I have been quite impressed with what you have learned and how you discuss some of the topics you get involved with in such a short period you have been involved in this game, but sometimes I feel you do show your inexpierience by some of the statements/comments you make, albeit I can see the intimidation and tounge in cheek tactics you employ to get a reaction, which I am sure you do it for your own pleasure.

Have a good day friend.

Run with the pack!

31 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Pimp is quite correct K'man when he says, "when you properly get a grip of everything rugby league", I must say I have been quite impressed with what you have learned and how you discuss some of the topics you get involved with in such a short period you have been involved in this game, but sometimes I feel you do show your inexpierience by some of the statements/comments you make, albeit I can see the intimidation and tounge in cheek tactics you employ to get a reaction, which I am sure you do it for your own pleasure.

Have a good day friend.

Run with the pack!

I must admit I don;t think there is any need for the "when you get a grip of everything RL" approach - I think it is elitist and unwelcoming.

I don't agree with Kayakman on this point, or a few others, but that isn't because of a lack of RL knowledge tbh.

Archived