Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

15 Sept: Qualifiers: Toronto Wolfpack v Toulouse Olympique KO 5.30pm (UK time)

Who will win?  

70 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• Toronto Wolfpack
    • Toulouse Olympique
    • Draw

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/15/2018 at 04:30 PM

Toronto by about 14.  I think Olympique are about done in 2018, but will feel they have built well on 2017 (or should do!)

we don't bring away fans and are deemed to not add to the competition...yet we get better coverage than SL games?

image.thumb.png.14d837a879dafc1f5ead77089a80e973.png

• Like 9

11 hours ago, westlondonfan said:

This is Toulouse’s last chance.  I think Toulouse might just sneak this. 20-24.

Such a result would not surprise me... 

Hope Toulouse win, for the same reason as last week, I also want Leeds to lose, for no other reason than the last round of the 8's I want to watch the Leeds v Toronto game to have some meaning to both clubs, not being that one of them is in a safe position, that would be fascinating to watch, it is what I oay my subscription for.

Edited by Harry Stottle

15 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

Such a result would not surprise me... 

Going to be a hot one...weather forecast has a Humidex of 37 C for Saturday...how does Toulouse play in the hot humidity?

On 9/11/2018 at 11:24 PM, Jampot said:

If TWP are not ready off the pitch with crowds averaging over 7000, what does that say about some of the current Super League teams, several of whom average a lower crowd despite being in a higher league?  Crusaders never had anywhere near the consistent level of support that TWP have, unfortunately.

??????

TO not Toronto.

Also Crusaders lost the play off final and was not ready on or off the pitch, they had good crowds and this would have continued with another push for SL.

Instead they lost a final got let in anyway and had a very poor season, collapsed and relocated.

On 9/12/2018 at 9:32 AM, westlondonfan said:

This is Toulouse’s last chance.  I think Toulouse might just sneak this. 20-24.

It's not their last chance as I can't see London winning. And Leeds have to play Toronto. 

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

Going to be a hot one...weather forecast has a Humidex of 37 C for Saturday...how does Toulouse play in the hot humidity?

It gets pretty tasty weather-wise in the south of France so they’ll be fairly acclimatised; the French lads especially will be better prepared for such weather than some pasty white English lads! 😂

2 hours ago, yipyee said:

??????

TO not Toronto.

Also Crusaders lost the play off final and was not ready on or off the pitch, they had good crowds and this would have continued with another push for SL.

Instead they lost a final got let in anyway and had a very poor season, collapsed and relocated.

TO is Toronto to everyone for Canada. I've made that mistake myself many times and its why i specifically mention Toulouse or TWP instead of using TO. Also it's why i dubbed this game many times as the TO darby.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, yipyee said:

It's not their last chance as I can't see London winning. And Leeds have to play Toronto. 

I can’t see Toulouse winning their last two matches and I can’t see london losing to Halifax?

I actually think London are more likely to beat Salford than Toulouse are as well. But we will see! 

Edited by westlondonfan

10 minutes ago, westlondonfan said:

I can’t see Toulouse winning their last two matches and I can’t see london losing to Halifax?

I actually think London are more likely to beat Salford than Toulouse are as well. But we will see! 

I wouldn't be shocked if Toulouse beat both Hull KR and Sallford.

• Like 2

TWP  are at home. This will be tense as these sides were close in their regular season encounters. However I feel the physical side of TWP will tell and they will make it a 10pt game by the end 

• Like 2

I've gone for Toulouse simply because it would make things very interesting and the way they play is far more entertaining than Toronto. If Toronto bash them up early then those weak French bellies that cannot cross even a 20 mile stretch of calm water without spewing will mean they get a paddlin'. Oh hang on, weak West Yorkshire and Lancashire bellies too on the Toronto team so TO by 6 😅

On 9/12/2018 at 10:01 AM, fevtom said:

Are the national anthems played before every game? Have any English teams played the Canadian national anthem? I can't imagine national anthems being played here unless it's before an international fixture.

Take it as a compliment that we honour the visiting team with their anthem.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, PatrickB said:

Take it as a compliment that we honour the visiting team with their anthem.

Hard to guess crowd size Patrick with the 1230 kickoff.  Probably like last time about 7500 but since it is the first French side might get more, say 8200?  I say anything over 8 200 is a bonus.

Edited by Kayakman

2 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Hard to guess crowd size Patrick with the 1230 kickoff.  Probably like last time about 7500 but since it is the first French side might get more, say 8200?  I say anything over 8 200 is a bonus.

Since this will be the first ever visit by Toulouse, whereas it was London's second visit, I think the curiosoity favtor alone will increase attendance from last game.

6 minutes ago, Lamport Life said:

Since this will be the first ever visit by Toulouse, whereas it was London's second visit, I think the curiosoity favtor alone will increase attendance from last game.

Interesting you consider a new visit more favourable...Given your clubs current position.

Just now, Lamport Life said:

Meaning?

You are on the verge of SL. Yet you consider playing a different team more exciting?

2 minutes ago, SL17 said:

You are on the verge of SL. Yet you consider playing a different team more exciting?

In only the 2nd year of existence, against the team that seemed to draw the most hype in the Championship prior to the Wolfpack's arrival, and against whom the team only won by 15 points combined in two games?

Yes.

Just as there was hype for the Hull KR game (first SL team at Lamport), there will be hype for the first French team at Lamport. Fans of a new team are allowed to be excited about the various firsts in their team's history.

• Like 3

I've been to many games and talked to alot of people who said they can't wait until Toulouse come, it sort of surprised me at the time.  They might have drawing power over here?

1 minute ago, Lamport Life said:

In only the 2nd year of existence, against the team that seemed to draw the most hype in the Championship prior to the Wolfpack's arrival, and against whom the team only won by 15 points combined in two games?

Yes.

Just as there was hype for the Hull KR game (first SL team at Lamport), there will be hype for the first French team at Lamport. Fans of a new team are allowed to be excited about the various firsts in their team's history.

I know your history as do we all. We don't need telling again. This isn't social media,its a forum.

Nice to see you here.

2 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

I've been to many games and talked to alot of people who said they can't wait until Toulouse come, it sort of surprised me at the time.  They might have drawing power over here?

Hows your French?

Just now, SL17 said:

Hows your French?

Mine didn't use to be too bad...had to learn it in the army.  Don't use it much now though although when I've been drinking a bit it seems to flow better.

Hows your French?

• Like 1