14 Sept: Qualifiers: Leeds Rhinos v Salford Red Devils KO 7.45pm

Who will win?  

40 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Salford Red Devils
    • Draw

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/14/2018 at 06:45 PM

I first watched Salford away at Leeds in 1971. I have been about 15 times since then and never seen Salford win. I remember Salford winning there twice in my lifetime and I missed both. I have a ticket for Friday so put your money on Leeds! On a more serious note, I would love and I hope Salford win at Headingley on Friday night but I am going there more in hope than expectation simply because I don't think there is much to choose between the teams and by the law of averages Salford are due to lose. Also, home advantage and the intimidating atmosphere will make a difference. If Salford win I will be elated and will go home a very happy man. 

• Like 1

Salford have looked a lot stronger than Leeds, they should be pretty strong favourites. Leeds hope is that without Hastings  and with safety pretty much assured Salford take their foot off the gas a bit.

This is a pretty pivotal game for Leeds. Win, and with Fax to come they should be home and dry. Lose, and they have a potential 3rd place play off v Toronto. They'd be anxious to avoid that.

• Like 2

i think that the two suspension for Salford will kill their chance of winning this game.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dixiedean said:

This is a pretty pivotal game for Leeds. Win, and with Fax to come they should be home and dry. Lose, and they have a potential 3rd place play off v Toronto. They'd be anxious to avoid that.

This is true, though personally I think even if results were to go that way, Leeds points difference would be important. If we assume Leeds beat Halifax, Toronto (or Toulouse or london) will need to likely win three in a row to get ahead of Leeds. 

Salford will bring it and keep the intensity up.  With Hastings out, the rest of the red devils will pull up their socks and bring it home for him!

15 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

Salford have looked a lot stronger than Leeds, they should be pretty strong favourites. Leeds hope is that without Hastings  and with safety pretty much assured Salford take their foot off the gas a bit.

Why would Salford take their for off the gas? It's a game... does every game have to be life or death? It's a game of professional Rugby League and the fact that Salford have in effect secured survival should not mean they should now give up.

Indeed possibly one of the reasons they are in the middle 8s is that they have been unable to focus or play with enough intensity. Win or lose they need to justify themselves. And of course so do Leeds, who are themselves still vulnerable.

I am not wishing bad on either team, but if Leeds were to lose, well it would be a shocking indictment on the whole club.

• Like 1

With out Hastings ill go for leeds just

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

Why would Salford take their for off the gas? It's a game... does every game have to be life or death? It's a game of professional Rugby League and the fact that Salford have in effect secured survival should not mean they should now give up.

Indeed possibly one of the reasons they are in the middle 8s is that they have been unable to focus or play with enough intensity. Win or lose they need to justify themselves. And of course so do Leeds, who are themselves still vulnerable.

I am not wishing bad on either team, but if Leeds were to lose, well it would be a shocking indictment on the whole club.

"Shocking indictment"...blimey, if Leeds lose hope you don't get in touch with the Crown Prosecution Service?!

39 minutes ago, East of the Moon said:

"Shocking indictment"...blimey, if Leeds lose hope you don't get in touch with the Crown Prosecution Service?!

It won't  be me, I would imagine there will be long waiting list all down St Michael's Lane.  But surely they will win.

Duplicate post on the Toronto thread.

Hope Salford win, for the same reason as last week, I also want Toronto to lose, for no other reason than the last round of the 8's I want to watch the Leeds v Toronto game to have some meaning to both clubs, not being that one of them is in a safe position, that would be fascinating to watch, it is what I pay my subscription for.

Edited by Harry Stottle

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Duplicate post on the Toronto thread.

Hope Salford win, for the same reason as last week, I also want Toronto to lose, for no other reason than the last round of the 8's I want to watch the Leeds v Toronto game to have some meaning to both clubs, not being that one of them is in a safe position, that would be fascinating to watch, it is what I pay my subscription for.

In that case wouldn't you want Toronto to win this weekend and Leeds lose not them both to to lose?

Leeds points difference is way superior and with them playing Halifax next week Leeds should pick up some points (I say should as you never know with this Leeds side) meaning Leeds will be on 8 points and Toronto on 6 with Toronto needing a huge score to get above them on Points difference?

If Leeds lose and Toronto win, its likely they will both be on 8 points by the final round.

• Like 1

Can see Leeds pulling out a decent performance for this, bit of pride in front of the home crowd and Salford assured of retaining their SL place means they'll go as hard as they feel like which is often a bit dangerous injuries wise. Still Leeds have been a bit cack and are definitely under a lot of pressure.

I've put Leeds but the games are all a bit unpredictable which is actually great, I hope they don't get rid of the middle 8s tbh, makes more games have a semblance of being important than a simple 1 or 2 up and down

38 minutes ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

please please please let Salford win this

Please, please, please let Castleford win Grand Final...for West Yorkshire, Leeds, Wakefield and Huddersfield...we want big clubs, stadiums to fit the status of big clubs, great teams...three cheers for the Tigers. We want competition!! 

Hip, hip hooray! Hip, hip, hooray! Hip, hip, hooray!   Steady now.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

please please please let Salford win this

Who's going to let them win ? I would have thought they would be able to do it on their ability .