Sign in to follow this  
imranpatel87

new league structure ideas

Recommended Posts

I personally think that the structure needs to be tweaked in certain areas. not scrapped altogether though. any ideas ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, imranpatel87 said:

I personally think that the structure needs to be tweaked in certain areas. not scrapped altogether though. any ideas ? 

The middle eights are OK but the super eights and Shield are a right turn off. Too many dead rubbers. I won't mind if Batley and Fev get their own way by supporting the One up one down and then an added play off between the the 11th placed super league club and 2nd 3rd and 4th in the championship. The championship will need 14 clubs obviously for added fixtures with two being relegated.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That seems to be the most logical set up to me and should be implemented in 2020 not 2019 along with a fairer distribution of money.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Imran , welcome to the forum , I think Phil is right about structure , but I’m of the opinion the funding might be the sticking point on friday

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Money! It's always money spoils everything.. Damn capatalists

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the SL, championship & L1 should have 12 teams each. 

scrap the shield & the super 8's points system playoffs

SUPER LEAGUE

top 8 elimination playoffs In SL

1v2, 3v4 & so ON

bottom 4 in the qualifiers

CHAMPIONSHIP

top 4 in the qualifiers

scrap the summer bash

bring back the northern rail Cup only as a knockout trophy. 12 championship clubs.            plus 4 L1 sides. play single games decided by golden point if needed

retain the qualifiers. top 4 receive £900k.              teams 5th-10th receive £750k.                                bottom 2 relegated with £600k funding

LEAGUE 1

all teams get £600k funding

top team promoted.                                                  2v3 & 4v5 in elimination playoffs

winners meet in L1 grand final to decide who takes the final promotion spot                                                           

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, imranpatel87 said:

I think the SL, championship & L1 should have 12 teams each. 

scrap the shield & the super 8's points system playoffs

SUPER LEAGUE

top 8 elimination playoffs In SL

1v2, 3v4 & so ON

bottom 4 in the qualifiers

CHAMPIONSHIP

top 4 in the qualifiers

scrap the summer bash

bring back the northern rail Cup only as a knockout trophy. 12 championship clubs.            plus 4 L1 sides. play single games decided by golden point if needed

retain the qualifiers. top 4 receive £900k.              teams 5th-10th receive £750k.                                bottom 2 relegated with £600k funding

LEAGUE 1

all teams get £600k funding

top team promoted.                                                  2v3 & 4v5 in elimination playoffs

winners meet in L1 grand final to decide who takes the final promotion spot                                                           

 

Wow!!! where's all that money coming from????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, imranpatel87 said:

it's about time RL became a level playing field financially

Agreed, but your suggestion requires £11.7million pa to be transferred from SL to the Championship/L1 (ie over half the current SL shareout). Somehow don't see this happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

true, but don't you think it's about time the championship & L1 were treated with more respect? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, imranpatel87 said:

true, but don't you think it's about time the championship & L1 were treated with more respect? 

SL wish to respectfully remove the money - will that do?

Edited by Blind side johnny
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

surely something has to give, we can't continue to be bullied time & time again by the SL clubs. we need to stand up to them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, imranpatel87 said:

surely something has to give, we can't continue to be bullied time & time again by the SL clubs. we need to stand up to them

we could start by some not  been there second teams come 2019. just bin it and have loan players only system in place for up to 3 players for a  full seasons contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

scrap dual reg. bring in rules regarding the loan system. all clubs allowed a maximum of 3 loan players in a match day squad, no more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


League Express - Online Now

League Express - Every Monday



Rugby League World - Sept 2018

Rugby League World - Sept 2018

Rugby League Books On Sale Here