Sign in to follow this  
imranpatel87

new league structure ideas

I personally think that the structure needs to be tweaked in certain areas. not scrapped altogether though. any ideas ? 

15 minutes ago, imranpatel87 said:

I personally think that the structure needs to be tweaked in certain areas. not scrapped altogether though. any ideas ? 

The middle eights are OK but the super eights and Shield are a right turn off. Too many dead rubbers. I won't mind if Batley and Fev get their own way by supporting the One up one down and then an added play off between the the 11th placed super league club and 2nd 3rd and 4th in the championship. The championship will need 14 clubs obviously for added fixtures with two being relegated.

• Like 2

That seems to be the most logical set up to me and should be implemented in 2020 not 2019 along with a fairer distribution of money.

• Like 1

Hi Imran , welcome to the forum , I think Phil is right about structure , but I’m of the opinion the funding might be the sticking point on friday

• Like 1

Money! It's always money spoils everything.. Damn capatalists

• Haha 1

I think the SL, championship & L1 should have 12 teams each. 

scrap the shield & the super 8's points system playoffs

SUPER LEAGUE

top 8 elimination playoffs In SL

1v2, 3v4 & so ON

bottom 4 in the qualifiers

CHAMPIONSHIP

top 4 in the qualifiers

scrap the summer bash

bring back the northern rail Cup only as a knockout trophy. 12 championship clubs.            plus 4 L1 sides. play single games decided by golden point if needed

retain the qualifiers. top 4 receive £900k.              teams 5th-10th receive £750k.                                bottom 2 relegated with £600k funding

LEAGUE 1

all teams get £600k funding

top team promoted.                                                  2v3 & 4v5 in elimination playoffs

winners meet in L1 grand final to decide who takes the final promotion spot                                                           

22 minutes ago, imranpatel87 said:

I think the SL, championship & L1 should have 12 teams each. 

scrap the shield & the super 8's points system playoffs

SUPER LEAGUE

top 8 elimination playoffs In SL

1v2, 3v4 & so ON

bottom 4 in the qualifiers

CHAMPIONSHIP

top 4 in the qualifiers

scrap the summer bash

bring back the northern rail Cup only as a knockout trophy. 12 championship clubs.            plus 4 L1 sides. play single games decided by golden point if needed

retain the qualifiers. top 4 receive £900k.              teams 5th-10th receive £750k.                                bottom 2 relegated with £600k funding

LEAGUE 1

all teams get £600k funding

top team promoted.                                                  2v3 & 4v5 in elimination playoffs

winners meet in L1 grand final to decide who takes the final promotion spot                                                           

Wow!!! where's all that money coming from????

7 minutes ago, imranpatel87 said:

it's about time RL became a level playing field financially

Agreed, but your suggestion requires £11.7million pa to be transferred from SL to the Championship/L1 (ie over half the current SL shareout). Somehow don't see this happening.

true, but don't you think it's about time the championship & L1 were treated with more respect? 

22 minutes ago, imranpatel87 said:

true, but don't you think it's about time the championship & L1 were treated with more respect? 

SL wish to respectfully remove the money - will that do?

Edited by Blind side johnny
  • Haha 1

surely something has to give, we can't continue to be bullied time & time again by the SL clubs. we need to stand up to them

19 hours ago, imranpatel87 said:

surely something has to give, we can't continue to be bullied time & time again by the SL clubs. we need to stand up to them

we could start by some not  been there second teams come 2019. just bin it and have loan players only system in place for up to 3 players for a  full seasons contract.

scrap dual reg. bring in rules regarding the loan system. all clubs allowed a maximum of 3 loan players in a match day squad, no more