manu266

Toulouse - 15 septembre - Stade Lamport

Must win for both teams.

Weather looks splendid.

Will Olympien fans travel en masse?

Will 3B run out of cassoulet?

A bilingual Oh Canada?

• Like 2

This Hurricane could change everything if it veers off course (which they seem to have a habit of doing)...the "Poutine" will be wolfed down like fine French wine....our first visiting French team....looking forward to it.

14 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

This Hurricane could change everything if it veers off course (which they seem to have a habit of doing)...the "Poutine" will be wolfed down like fine French wine....our first visiting French team....looking forward to it.

Moi Aussi.

• Like 1

Thinking back to those glorious Blue Jays games on Canada Day weekend when the Montreal Expos came to town ... when we still had Expos in Montreal. Such fun. Really hope we can give our French guests the same warm welcome at Lamport.

4 minutes ago, Loup said:

Thinking back to those glorious Blue Jays games on Canada Day weekend when the Montreal Expos came to town ... when we still had Expos in Montreal. Such fun. Really hope we can give our French guests the same warm welcome at Lamport.

Just remember that Toronto and Ontario used to be part of "New France".

Résultats de recherche d'images pour « new france »

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The official TO Olympique pub, funny name... 

image.thumb.png.b7a9f1972da3d87d49281bca1843370e.png

Here are some of the Lyrics (my translation) of an anthem dedicated to Toulouse, you can feel rugby and rumble is some of the words.

Sometimes deep inside me I see reviving
The green water of the Canal du Midi
And the red brick of the Minimes
O my Paîs, O Toulouse, O Toulouse
I take the avenue back to school
My schoolbag is full of punches
Here, if you hit, you win
Here, even the grannies love the brawl
O my Paîs, O Toulouse
A torrent of pebbles rolls in your accent
Your violence is boiling up in your violets
We call each other c*** as soon as we meet
There is a storm in the air and yet
The Saint-Sernin church illuminates the evening

Gonna be a hot one...humidex of 37 forecast.

Rugby League    a French team playing a Canadian team in a UK league..gotta love the new world order! 

• Like 1

we totally need to buy the rights to NWO Wolfpack from WWE

well that was a squeaker that shouldn't have been...exciting yes but my nerves are shot...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RobertAM said:

well that was a squeaker that shouldn't have been...exciting yes but my nerves are shot...

Me too....visiting French fans loved the game atmosphere though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

Me too....visiting French fans loved the game atmosphere though.

that was a nice touch with the dance gal reading the French welcome..kudos to the team

glad they enjoyed it despite the result

21 minutes ago, RobertAM said:

that was a nice touch with the dance gal reading the French welcome..kudos to the team

glad they enjoyed it despite the result

I was in the washroom after that and alot of French fans were in there saying that the whole thing was fantastic and magnificent....they loved how they were being respected and treated....they were very, very happy with the welcome and game day experience in Toronto.   I imagine they probably take alot of flak when they travel to England from the other fans...we in the Wolfpack Nation understand their pain.

• Like 2

Even after losing a squeaker on a very hot day, the Toulouse team walked round the stadium and greeted fans. Des plus brillant exploits.

• Like 4

Just now, Loup said:

Even after losing a squeaker on a very hot day, the Toulouse team walked round the stadium and greeted fans. Des plus brillant exploits.

And they were clapped off...they played a great game and both teams left it all on the field....very nice game to watch from the stands.....good effort by all.

• Like 1

How many do you think travelled from France? Would any have travelled from Quebec due to the team being French? I’m picking the answer to the second one is no.

I will try n ask MCB tomorrow at (the season ticket holders event) 3B if he did get that 1st diving try down..the video capture looks like he dropped it but if he re-grabbed it on landing does that count??

yum yum....you sneaked that one...…

I really really hope your get promotion though....

Edited by RPH

1 hour ago, RayCee said:

How many do you think travelled from France? Would any have travelled from Quebec due to the team being French? I’m picking the answer to the second one is no.

I don't know if any from Quebec would have come...I don't know if that many traveled but the ones that did were vocal.

Remember Ray...people from Quebec don't view or see themselves as French per se....they are Quebecois, a new people.  They are French Canadian.

Edited by Kayakman
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RPH said:

yum yum....you sneaked that one...…

I really really hope your get promotion though....

I hop so too..only downside is I won't get to down a pint with Roger T and the Gallant Youth supporters until Batley moves up...!!!

batley at kob.jpeg

3 hours ago, RobertAM said:

I will try n ask MCB tomorrow at (the season ticket holders event) 3B if he did get that 1st diving try down..the video capture looks like he dropped it but if he re-grabbed it on landing does that count??

As long as he regather the ball before it hits the ground or an opposing player it’s all good. The consensus on the main forum was that he lost it before it hit the ground. 

11 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

As long as he regather the ball before it hits the ground or an opposing player it’s all good. The consensus on the main forum was that he lost it before it hit the ground. 

thats what i thought..and looking at the highlight reel you could indeed make the case he did regather it for a millisecond. its a tough call. feel bad for Toulouse because they were terrific but sometimes u get the decisions and sometimes you don't. if it was their try iI am sure they would take the win. So we move on. And there is an even chance they will be back at Lamport in the MPG. we had better be on the ball.