Sign in to follow this  
manu266

Toulouse - 15 septembre - Stade Lamport

Recommended Posts

Must win for both teams.

Weather looks splendid.

Will Olympien fans travel en masse?

Will 3B run out of cassoulet?

A bilingual Oh Canada?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This Hurricane could change everything if it veers off course (which they seem to have a habit of doing)...the "Poutine" will be wolfed down like fine French wine....our first visiting French team....looking forward to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

This Hurricane could change everything if it veers off course (which they seem to have a habit of doing)...the "Poutine" will be wolfed down like fine French wine....our first visiting French team....looking forward to it.

Moi Aussi.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thinking back to those glorious Blue Jays games on Canada Day weekend when the Montreal Expos came to town ... when we still had Expos in Montreal. Such fun. Really hope we can give our French guests the same warm welcome at Lamport.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Loup said:

Thinking back to those glorious Blue Jays games on Canada Day weekend when the Montreal Expos came to town ... when we still had Expos in Montreal. Such fun. Really hope we can give our French guests the same warm welcome at Lamport.

 

 

Just remember that Toronto and Ontario used to be part of "New France".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Résultats de recherche d'images pour « new france »

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The official TO Olympique pub, funny name... 

image.thumb.png.b7a9f1972da3d87d49281bca1843370e.png

 

Here are some of the Lyrics (my translation) of an anthem dedicated to Toulouse, you can feel rugby and rumble is some of the words.

Sometimes deep inside me I see reviving
The green water of the Canal du Midi
And the red brick of the Minimes
O my Paîs, O Toulouse, O Toulouse
I take the avenue back to school
My schoolbag is full of punches
Here, if you hit, you win
Here, even the grannies love the brawl
O my Paîs, O Toulouse
A torrent of pebbles rolls in your accent
Your violence is boiling up in your violets
We call each other c*** as soon as we meet
There is a storm in the air and yet
The Saint-Sernin church illuminates the evening

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonna be a hot one...humidex of 37 forecast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rugby League    a French team playing a Canadian team in a UK league..gotta love the new world order! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we totally need to buy the rights to NWO Wolfpack from WWE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well that was a squeaker that shouldn't have been...exciting yes but my nerves are shot...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, RobertAM said:

well that was a squeaker that shouldn't have been...exciting yes but my nerves are shot...

Me too....visiting French fans loved the game atmosphere though.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

Me too....visiting French fans loved the game atmosphere though.

that was a nice touch with the dance gal reading the French welcome..kudos to the team

glad they enjoyed it despite the result

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, RobertAM said:

that was a nice touch with the dance gal reading the French welcome..kudos to the team

glad they enjoyed it despite the result

I was in the washroom after that and alot of French fans were in there saying that the whole thing was fantastic and magnificent....they loved how they were being respected and treated....they were very, very happy with the welcome and game day experience in Toronto.   I imagine they probably take alot of flak when they travel to England from the other fans...we in the Wolfpack Nation understand their pain.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even after losing a squeaker on a very hot day, the Toulouse team walked round the stadium and greeted fans. Des plus brillant exploits.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Loup said:

Even after losing a squeaker on a very hot day, the Toulouse team walked round the stadium and greeted fans. Des plus brillant exploits.

And they were clapped off...they played a great game and both teams left it all on the field....very nice game to watch from the stands.....good effort by all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many do you think travelled from France? Would any have travelled from Quebec due to the team being French? I’m picking the answer to the second one is no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will try n ask MCB tomorrow at (the season ticket holders event) 3B if he did get that 1st diving try down..the video capture looks like he dropped it but if he re-grabbed it on landing does that count??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yum yum....you sneaked that one...…

I really really hope your get promotion though....

Edited by RPH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RayCee said:

How many do you think travelled from France? Would any have travelled from Quebec due to the team being French? I’m picking the answer to the second one is no.

I don't know if any from Quebec would have come...I don't know if that many traveled but the ones that did were vocal.

Remember Ray...people from Quebec don't view or see themselves as French per se....they are Quebecois, a new people.  They are French Canadian.

Edited by Kayakman
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RPH said:

yum yum....you sneaked that one...…

I really really hope your get promotion though....

I hop so too..only downside is I won't get to down a pint with Roger T and the Gallant Youth supporters until Batley moves up...!!!

batley at kob.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RobertAM said:

I will try n ask MCB tomorrow at (the season ticket holders event) 3B if he did get that 1st diving try down..the video capture looks like he dropped it but if he re-grabbed it on landing does that count??

As long as he regather the ball before it hits the ground or an opposing player it’s all good. The consensus on the main forum was that he lost it before it hit the ground. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

As long as he regather the ball before it hits the ground or an opposing player it’s all good. The consensus on the main forum was that he lost it before it hit the ground. 

thats what i thought..and looking at the highlight reel you could indeed make the case he did regather it for a millisecond. its a tough call. feel bad for Toulouse because they were terrific but sometimes u get the decisions and sometimes you don't. if it was their try iI am sure they would take the win. So we move on. And there is an even chance they will be back at Lamport in the MPG. we had better be on the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


League Express Yearbook 2018/19 - Order Now


Rugby League World - Nov 2018

Rugby League World - Nov 2018



League Express - Online Now

League Express - Every Monday