Sign in to follow this  
Farmduck

NRL Women's League - Round 2

If there were any doubts about whether the Holden Women's Premiership would be a success, surely the opening round silenced all that.

The NRLW arrived with a bang last weekend. 

More than 14,000 people headed out to ANZ Stadium and Suncorp Stadium to watch the two opening games and the combined television audience cracked the 500,000 barrier.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/09/14/nrlw-silences-critics-to-become-overnight-sensation/

Only brief highlights but I thought the Broncos looked the best team and they the two from two so far.

This competition can only get bigger from here with this type of quality.

7 hours ago, Dunbar said:

Only brief highlights but I thought the Broncos looked the best team and they the two from two so far.

This competition can only get bigger from here with this type of quality.

The highlights packages from the NRL on Nine YouTube channel for WNRL are over 7 minutes for each match. That's more than UK fans get per SL game on the BBC.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBVrn_SGKAOv3yKPi4Oc3-A

I thought women's RL was too physical at the outset and that often determined the winner. However, with experience skills are improving and becoming the deciding factor as to who wins.

So my old man is 72. State of Origin time I paid him a visit and said to him," lets watch the women's game". He had to be talked into it and he loved it. The other day after his beloved Broncos had been knocked out I got him to watch the girls. He was yelling and screaming just like he does in a normal Broncos game. He loved it. 

They are winning over the old guard who don't like change, they are doing very well.