Eric Perez

1 minute ago, Johnoco said:

Rebels.

Sugar Daddies. Heartlands.

left out future SL champs somehow

22 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

Rebels.

Sugar Daddies. Heartlands.

Are these names the SL clubs rejected? Quite like St Helens sugar daddies, or Wigan heartlands. Not sure who the rebels are though. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, dkw said:

Are these names the SL clubs rejected? Quite like St Helens sugar daddies, or Wigan heartlands. Not sure who the rebels are though. 

East Leeds team, proper lads.

• Haha 1

really interesting interview that. Especially the comments on other clubs coming in and on Canada/Toronto bidding for tier 1 internationals and other events.

Disappointing if the SL clubs are prepared to sacrifice the global rights for £1.8m. Not much faith in your product there.

• Like 1

yeah the tier 1 comp got my ears perked up also. I would love to see Tonga vs. Fiji/Samoa/NZ...don't care much to see an Oz game, the others seem like they would be more fun.

28 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

yeah the tier 1 comp got my ears perked up also. I would love to see Tonga vs. Fiji/Samoa/NZ...don't care much to see an Oz game, the others seem like they would be more fun.

Neither Tonga, Fiji or Samoa are tier 1 nations.

2 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

You are starting to sound Australian with comments like that... 😉

Am I wrong cobbler?

In my eyes yes... sadly not with the authorities who came up with silly system to protect themselves and their interests.

11 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Tonga is now aren't they? so them and NZ, and bedsides Tonga vs. Samoa is a better game than Tonga Oz no? the whole Polynesian rivalry and all. i certainly enjoyed that game the most from the WC.

Edited by Krzzystuff

1 minute ago, Krzzystuff said:

Tonga is now aren't they? so them and NZ, and bedsides Tonga vs. Samoa is a better game than Tonga Oz no? the whole Polynesian rivalry and all. i certainly enjoyed that game the most from the WC.

There are only three tier 1 nations. England, Australia and New Zealand. Nobody else matters.

There are only three tier 1 nations. England, Australia and New Zealand. Nobody else matters.

Well here in Canada we don't give a ######. Tonga vs. the others would be better...so suck it tier 1! Watching Sims play for Fiji would be great.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tonga v Samoa is a brilliant, unique spectacle that im sure the canadians would love. The Siva Tau v Sipi Tau is something that has to be seen to be believed. But they might struggle on their own to grab attention

Fiji singing Noqu Masu is incredible, the Haka is known the world over.

Probably would need England and NZ to carry it in terms of visibility and prestige

Given the choice between a GB tour of Aus and an England, NZ, Tonga, Fiji and Samoa 5 nations in Ontario. Im going to the 2nd one.

Biggest problem is a comp that finishes mid-November at the earliest which would likely mean the Rogers centre which is probably too ambitious.

Nah man, November is peak football!  If we can play the Grey Cup at the end of November in the snow, or the MLS Cup in December, I'm sure the rugby lads can tough it out. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

You tell em Cobber

8 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

Well here in Canada we don't give a ######. Tonga vs. the others would be better...so suck it tier 1! Watching Sims play for Fiji would be great.

You do that those are tiny countries with less population than Hamilton, right?

10 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

really interesting interview that. Especially the comments on other clubs coming in and on Canada/Toronto bidding for tier 1 internationals and other events.

Disappointing if the SL clubs are prepared to sacrifice the global rights for £1.8m. Not much faith in your product there.

What more do you expect from clubs whose management worries about such trivial things as how many visiting fans will come to their stadium and buy their tickets, programs, food and/or drinks?

6 hours ago, roughyedspud said:

It's cobber ya Burke lol

Is it lonely in my keep net ‘spud?

PS. it’s berk ya berk.

Edited by deluded pom?
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

Foregone conclusions are seldom enjoyable 😉

Edited by Sports Prophet