South Sydney in strife

Allora

Problems at Souths, Sam Burgess may have some issues.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/sam-burgess-caught-up-in-rabbitohs-sexting-scandal/news-story/979f7b90f6853f7123b627b4c251b248

You wonder what players are thinking getting involved in this alleged rubbish

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

Well the article states

"verified social media accounts belonging to star forward Sam Burgess are at the centre of the saga"

and

"There was no suggestion that Burgess was involved"

If both those statements are true then it would indicate that the players involved used Burgess' account, possibly his phone, either with or without Burgess' knowledge. I'd hazard a guess that they lifted the phone and thought it a big joke albeit an ill advised one

Yes you do wonder about players getting involved in this sort of thing but I would suggest it is the players involved that have the real issues

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

All sports stars get up to mischief but RL indiscretions will always hit the headlines because the old boy network that runs the media doesn't extend to RL apologists.

I recall a great RU and All black fan getting invited to the wedding of a top AB, only to be disgusted by the behaviour of some top players for the national team. If you took it to someone in the media, they would look at you like you were a traitor to the country, trying to sully the AB reputation. It would never see the light of day. On the flip side, they would print with relish any Kiwi RL player's misconduct. 

My brother met a South African RU man who immigrated to Brisbane. He saw how popular RL was so bought tickets for the Broncos to hand out to high profile clients. He was surprised they were declined with the response they all followed RU. 

RL will never get a break with behaviour as all the people who pull the strings are happy to put the boot in. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

5 hours ago, East Coast Tiger said:

I’m pretty sure New South Wales was named by a pom. I don’t think the Aboigines called it that.

It was actually named after Caerleon. The lush vegetation in Botany Bay was apparently reminiscent of that very nice part of Gwent.

1500 years ago, Caerleon was a Roman garrison town and its amphitheatre still remains in remarkably good order. As with all Welsh museum, it is open to anyone and costs nothing. In a single day, a visitor can combine a visit to the amphitheatre with a trip down to the coalface at  the Big Pit mine in Blaenavon. They are about 15 miles apart.

http://www.caerleon.net/intro/

https://museum.wales/bigpit/

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

3 hours ago, RayCee said:

All sports stars get up to mischief but RL indiscretions will always hit the headlines because the old boy network that runs the media doesn't extend to RL apologists.

I recall a great RU and All black fan getting invited to the wedding of a top AB, only to be disgusted by the behaviour of some top players for the national team. If you took it to someone in the media, they would look at you like you were a traitor to the country, trying to sully the AB reputation. It would never see the light of day. On the flip side, they would print with relish any Kiwi RL player's misconduct. 

My brother met a South African RU man who immigrated to Brisbane. He saw how popular RL was so bought tickets for the Broncos to hand out to high profile clients. He was surprised they were declined with the response they all followed RU. 

RL will never get a break with behaviour as all the people who pull the strings are happy to put the boot in. 

I'm sorry but that is clutching at straws. Rugby league in Australia is a popular sport therefore there'll be a greater focus on it compared to say union 

8 minutes ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

I'm sorry but that is clutching at straws. Rugby league in Australia is a popular sport therefore there'll be a greater focus on it compared to say union 

You obviously ignored the part where he referred to New Zealand where the opposite applies. Even in this country it has been very obvious the times that Rugby League gets an inordinate amount of coverage due to some scandal while Rugby Union scandals get passed off as high jinx. I'm sure as a Rugby League fan you too find it odd when a newspaper like the Daily Mail will devote as much coverage to a single RL scandal than it does to a full years RL news and match reports combined.

2 minutes ago, Damien said:

You obviously ignored the part where he referred to New Zealand where the opposite applies. Even in this country it has been very obvious the times that Rugby League gets an inordinate amount of coverage due to some scandal while Rugby Union scandals get passed off as high jinx. I'm sure as a Rugby League fan you too find it odd when a newspaper like the Daily Mail will devote as much coverage to a single RL scandal than it does to a full years RL news and match reports combined.

Don’t feed the troll.

rldfsignature.jpg

1 hour ago, Wolford6 said:

It was actually named after Caerleon. The lush vegetation in Botany Bay was apparently reminiscent of that very nice part of Gwent.

1500 years ago, Caerleon was a Roman garrison town and its amphitheatre still remains in remarkably good order. As with all Welsh museum, it is open to anyone and costs nothing. In a single day, a visitor can combine a visit to the amphitheatre with a trip down to the coalface at  the Big Pit mine in Blaenavon. They are about 15 miles apart.

http://www.caerleon.net/intro/

https://museum.wales/bigpit/

The Roman Bath House there is amazing.

https://www.britainexpress.com/wales/wye/roman/caerleon.htm

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

4 hours ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

I'm sorry but you didn't read what I said with much thought. In NZ, RU is huge and RL is much smaller. The only time we hear of All Black indiscretions is when they are on tour and overseas media is involved.

Don't underestimate the media in doling out what it wants you to know with copious amounts of bias. RU supporters in both NZ and NSW/Qld holds all the key positions. It doesn't excuse poor behaviour but if you have been duped by the media into thinking they are objective, that's a shame. It isn't about the size of the code but who are sitting behind desks of power. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

2 hours ago, Damien said:

I seem to remember the toilet saga not too long ago involving an All Black which made news here. And also very recently a nz union player being in the wrong apartment. Don't remember what that was about. Point being I don't think it's as clear cut as media covering for union and targeting rugby

2 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

Don’t feed the troll.

You don't need to agree but I'm just expressing my opinion. I'm sorry you feel that way

1 hour ago, RayCee said:

I'm sorry but you didn't read what I said with much thought. In NZ, RU is huge and RL is much smaller. The only time we hear of All Black indiscretions is when they are on tour and overseas media is involved.

Don't underestimate the media in doling out what it wants you to know with copious amounts of bias. RU supporters in both NZ and NSW/Qld holds all the key positions. It doesn't excuse poor behaviour but if you have been duped by the media into thinking they are objective, that's a shame. It isn't about the size of the code but who are sitting behind desks of power. 

Was the toilet saga overseas involving the All Black? Don't remember where it was

11 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

Aussies only have tiny todgers anyway. That's why they named it New South Wales ... trying to get some reflected glory.

??

Is that from your personal experience :biggrin:

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

Didn't look they were in much strife just now. Amazing match.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

5 hours ago, Allora said:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11723721

Watch the video and listen to the list of incidents.

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

10 hours ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

Lots of problems and issues can be seen on the media about Aussie RU. I imagine that AFL is more popular.

Archived